Day 3
1k 7 36
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"I might had a good opinion about you but I won't be as lenient when you start working. Understand?" - Manager

"Yes!" - Zekie

At the cafe, I stood in front of the Manager as he began to lecture me how to work as a Waiter. The place might be fancy but the menus here are costly enough that an ordinary student can order here even if he isn't rich. Ms. Marie Rivera had been kind to me since I started my training but I don't even know if I'm suited for this Job. 

Currently wearing a fancy waiter outfit, I was a bit tight around the edges since the manager told me that this was the only one he had in stock that fits me but I didn't complain and just decided to go with it since my only problem with it was just that I wasn't used to wearing some fancy outfit.

"Hey, Pops can be a bit rough on new people but you can get used to it right? Plus, that outfit looks good on you." - Marie

"Yeah. I think its a bit easy but we can only see how it goes. I just hope I can work here such that...." - Zekie

I said as I turned to Marie and gave off a warm smile before looking back at the entrance door. 

"I can learn more from an excellent person such as you." - Zekie

"O-oh..." - Marie

I just gave my sincere compliment to her since she had taught me some ropes on how to serve customers. From a experience person such as herself, learning from her gave me a bit of a confidence that I might be able to work here. I always respect those who are older than me due to my inferiority complex being developed due to having very talented siblings in their own respective specialization. Athena's case being inherent of our father, being quite sociable and has great connections with people. Joshua whose more focused and clear-headed to which he always prioritize actions rather than thinking deeply into problems. Marcus being the smartest of all of us siblings, has more of a level-headed thought process and far knowledgable in certain fields such as medicine and science.

I on the other hand have a generalize skillsets with is capable of having multiple skills at my disposal however I tend to not specialize in any of the field. Example being Sports knowledge. 

I can roughly tell what game it is and how it works, how formation and even their skills but if I go any deeper in my analytical mind, I tend to overconfuse myself in that field the more I thought deeply into stuff. It is mainly due to my determination and hard work that I can keep up with geniuses in their respected fields. 

Am I smart? No, even with my general knowledge, it is mainly due to my inferior complex that I tend to lower my confidence that I rather not think of myself being smarter than others and work hard to improve.

Which is why I mostly hate arrogant people yet I respect those who are arrogant that don't belittle those around them and even saw them as a challenge.

So, Marie having the personality as my sister is kinda nerve wracking but she is pleasant to talk with and is considerate to those around her and I find it grateful to work with her.

However, it seems that her father seems a bit terror inducing, looking at me like I had wrong him of something I never know.

"I-is he.... mad that I'm doing something wrong?" - Zekie

After sometime passed and serving up some customers, I was able to get used to working here but the glares the Manager had been on my back the entire time had made my confidence shrank. I was mostly just doing Marie did and even converse with her a little by asking some advice but is there something wrong about my actions? Did I do something wrong?

"Oh, he is just kinda paraniod since he doesn't want me to get close to any guys. Kinda a strict dad you can say." - Marie

"Hmn... I can understand." - Zekie

"Eh?" - Marie

"Because he finds it worrying that someone's gonna take his beautiful daughter away from him." - Zekie

I think she already knows it but Most of the girls I met are kinda breathtaking to be honest.

Trish, Rose, Ceci.... There's also girls I know in the past and even my cousins who are quite attractive that I was pretty much numbed to beauty. After the Rose incident, I kinda lost the sense of finding appearance to be attractive anymore and prefer their personality instead. However, I wouldn't be a man if I say that I don't have my kinks.

The only people I told this to is just some random internet friends I have and Kathie so the only person who knows about me in real life is just her.

I didn't know why Marie was just blushing like that but maybe its just some random thought she had so I won't bother her. Its always a good thing to compliment people such that they always had a good opinion on me.

"Son, come here for a sec." - Manager

After leaving her to go back at the counter, the Manager beckons me to come to him as he was glaring at me like he wants to murder me.

"Are you seriously not going after my daughter?" - Manager

I tilted my head at the unexpected question that I was totally confused about his anger. I just thought it had something to do with the way that I work that he was mad about it. But he just said something unexpected.

"Sir? Why do you think I'm after your daughter? She's just a co-worker and a Senior at this job. Wait...." 

After thinking for a moment, realization dawned upon me... 

"Sir... I...." - Zekie

"Look boy, I understand that my daughter's a wonderful girl but..." - Manager

"I'm sorry that I did learn things by myself and instead ask her for help many times. I do better next that I won't rely for her help." - Zekie

"..... Huh?" - Manager

How could I be so foolish and be just an dependent person all the time. I shouldn't always seek help from my senior for help and work things out by myself. This is mainly why he was glaring me this entire time as I might ended up getting fired due to being dependant on her rather than learning things by myself and improve from my mistakes.

It seems that I had always been such a person who is thinking dependently upon others rather than solve things by myself that I might not be able to work in a proper company by just relying on others. Maybe this is what Manager trying to scold me for. Its not like he doesn't know I have a girlfriend and thinks I'm still single that I'm after his daughter or anything. I might actually be an idiot if I didn't tell him that. Hahaha. 

"Don't worry Sir. I won't rely on Senior. I don't wanna feel dependant on another woman when I have a girlfriend already." - Zekie

"Wait, you have a girlfriend sonny?" - Manager

This time, it was the Manager who was surprise at a revalation as if he had connected all the dots in his head. Meanwhile, just looking at his expression after saying the words 'Girlfriend', I realize a grave importance to those words.

Motherfuc-of course idiot! You basically forgot to tell him that you have a girlfriend. No wonder this daughter-con of a father is glaring at you like you be stealing her child. Are you that stupid?

Both of us were silent for a moment before he held my shoulders and look at me like a blessing.

"Ah, I see. After hearing that sonny, I can let you work here from now on. What do you say? I'll even give you a raise if you work hard eno-" - Manager

"Thank you for the rai-I mean I'm grateful for the offer sir!" - Zekie

While I'm a bit apologetic about not telling him about it last time but I can't deny the offer of a raise from the application as I was happy of such an offer.

"Pops, we got an order for....wow, both of you became good friends that quick. Did you guys talk about something I don't know about? " - Marie

Marie had come back to the counter as she saw us being happy with each other. She seemed a bit confused but to us, we just had a mutual agreement.

"I'm letting him work here from now on. He seems a good youngster and would be a great help to ease your burden." - Manager

"Senior! I finally got accepted." - Zekie

The manager just gave me a smile as he took out the order from Marie and began cooking as I held her hands in excitement. I never thought having a girlfriend would bring me a good opportunity.

———————————————————————————————————————————————————

"No! You have to break up with her!" - Ceci

While I was picking up her laundry, I was told that by such enthusiasm by Ceci. 

36