Chapter 28 – The God of Justice
15 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Andrew: "-We'll be discussing Illusion magic, does anyone know anything about it?"

As usual, no one raises their hand. Andrew, who was wearing a face of someone who expected nothing but disappointment, continues his discussion.

Andrew: "Anyways, Illusion magic is a magic that involves trickery, one that can enable you to deceive an opponent and open new possibilities when it comes to fighting."

Andrew then touches the shoulder of someone faraway. As they turn around, Andrew is also there, discussing.

Andrew: "Though, Illusion magic's only downsides are the fact that it consumes a lot of mana and if the opponent already knows how to counteract it, it's no more than a party trick. But..."

Immediately, the ground shakes and the earth splits, giving rise to magma.

Andrew: "-So long as they think it's real, it can be a weapon that can bring about world peace or end all conflicts. After all, a civil war had ended because of it."

The conscious heroes in the classroom were surprised to see real magic up close and in action. Sazama tries to reach in into the magma, he could feel the heat rise up from it even if it was just an illusion.

Andrew: "Careful mister hero, you wouldn't want to have any traumatizing experiences with that."

Sazama: "Ah, sorry sir. I was just curious as to how magic works since there's no magic in our world."

Andrew: "Hmm, reasonable, but no worries there as I'll be teaching you how to use magic."

Sazama: "Thank you si-"

Suddenly, a huge shockwave of mana was felt all around the school, breaking the illusion with it. Aina, Rin, Andrew and all the other students suddenly pulled out their weapons. Sazama and the others, as they were still quite sensitive to mana, was pushed back. Mano suddenly awoke as another result to the shockwave felt.

Andrew: "That damned Silver King isn't giving us any long time to prepare huh?"

Heroes: ""What?!""

Mano: "Wait wait wait, now?!"

Andrew: "I'll check on the other classes, Aina, Rin, Newt, Sheena, take care of the class while I'm gone."

As Andrew went outside, he saw the other teachers and judged that they did the same as him.

Andrew: "What happened?"

Riel: "I don't know, but we need to get Rai just in case. He's the strongest one, he knows what to do."

Andrew: "Alright, I'll go to his office as fast as I can, get the other teachers."

Riel: "Alright."

Before Andrew could even fly, Rai went outside his room and casted a spell on his throat.

Rai: "Everyone, remain calm! What I did just now was a failed experiment, I was trying to create a new spell, and it failed, so I had to throw it out far away. Remain calm, and proceed back to your lessons."

Andrew, now knowing the reason, calms himself down and thanks Riel as he goes back inside his classroom.

Andrew: "Well, you heard the man, let's go back."

As Andrew fixes himself, Sazama elbows Hirose.

Hirose: "Hmm?"

Sazama: "If that happened, why didn't he announce it sooner?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Merlin: "Kuro's awake?!"

Rai: "Yeah, this is one major screw up from me."

Merlin: "How do you know it's him?"

Rai: "As if I'd mistake his mana."

Merlin: "... What do we do now, hide them?"

Rai: "We can't. Most likely, the moment he'll step in school, he'll hear about the heroes. Next thing he'll do is use Dragon Slayer magic that he got from that meditation to find them and reach them at that point. Although, that'll take a few months as he needs to integrate it all first."

Merlin: "Can't you do something to prevent it?"

Rai: "I can't, but I doubt he'll do anything bad to them. Except for the fact that he'll charge into enemy territory alone so that they won't be involved into any battles. That kid's kind, but I'm scared that that'll be the cause for his death."

Merlin: "... Then there's nothing we can do."

Rai: "... Haa... What a blunder..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Your final training-"

"-Is to-"

Kuro opens his eyes, breaking his meditation again.

Kuro: "That was... Traumatizing to say the least."

"-Eat me whole."

Kuro shakes as he remembers the feeling of digging his mouth deep into the Living Dragon's meat, eating it bit by bit, making sure he gulps the whole Dragon live. His gut wrenches once more, making him vomit.

"KAH KAH KAH! Haaa... Haa... Ha... I hope... I don't do that again... Even I... Couldn't bear it..."

The exhausted Kuro lays down far from his vomit, closing his eyes to rest himself.

"..."

Kuro couldn't sleep, even as he laid down. Annoyed, he stands up and brings out his sword. With a hilt made out of his own bones, and a blade made out of his own mana, a combination of magical and physical. Kuro bleeds his hand onto the sword's green blade, covering the entire blade into pure red instead of the affected area instead.

"He really was right huh... A dragon's blood is the perfect catalyst for any and all magic items... I should do this to their weapons so it'll get better. For now, let's practice the sword until I drop!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mano: "Oi, Sazama-san, where are you going?"

Sazama: "To Rai!"

Sazama goes to the counter, where he is directed to the platform to Rai's office.

Sazama: "Rai, what was that earlier?"

Rai: "What do you mean? As I said, that was a-"

Sazama: "If it was, then why did the announcement take a bit longer than expected?"

Rai: "I was a bit tired after trying to make a spe-"

Sazama: "I refuse to believe that no one would be able to feel it if you were making a spell considering that shockwave was felt all throughout the school."

Rai: "... Sharp, just like him."

Sazama: "Huh?"

Fukunuga: "Sazama! What are you doing?"

Sazama: "Ah, Fukunuga-san!"

Fukunuga arrives with the other heroes, who were curious as to what really happened.

Rai: "Stop. I should be at fault here, I'll tell it all to you kids. Sit down."

The heroes, along with their teacher who came in clueless and late, sat down on the available chairs. To those who couldn't sit at any vacant chairs had to sit on the floor.

Rai: "As I've said, I have a disciple who I treat as my kid. His name's Kuro, the one I told you to be careful around. Kuro is... The cause of that shockwave."

Fukunuga: "Hold on, you told us he was training for another 1 year and 5 months, how come he's here?"

Rai: "Not yet. But, to your question, it was my mistake. I didn't know his training would end that fast, I miscalculated."

Sazama: "Then tell us... Who is he?"

Rai: "... As I said, he-"

Sazama: "That's not it sir. We know he's your student, but I know that that's not the only reason. He's stronger than Aina-san and Rin-san, who're known to be one of the strongest in our class. He held back a monster stampede all alone, yet he still lives. Who really is he?"

Fukunuga: "Oy Sazama, what are you getting at?"

Sazama: "Fukunuga-san, I assume you know what Kings are, right?"

Fukunuga: "Yeah."

Sazama: "Kuro isn't a King, yet he's stronger than one. Not only that, but he can even defeat the teachers if he wants to. Before rushing here, I asked someone who Kuro is, she referred me to a lot of other people, they all said the same thing. 'He's hiding something from the school'."

Rai's face visibly shows that he isn't amused, not one bit.

Rai: "Haa... I guess you're more curious than the average. Alright, I'll tell you. Kuro... Is an otherworlder like you."

Everyone was shocked upon the revelation. There was someone else other than them there. Although they were shocked, some were quite satisfied as they had already theorized the fact that someone really did come there before them.

Rai: "Kuro was the one who told me everything to know about your world, and how dangerous it is to ours. Weapons that can create explosions without the need of magic, weapons that can pierce through solid steel at such a long range, warriors that can survive and kill camps of enemies, and a bomb that can lay waste to a huge spot for a millennia... To be honest, I was reluctant to call you here."

Fukunuga: "Then... He's the one who can create a way back home?"

Rai: "Yes, but it's incomplete. Kuro shared his knowledge to me in order to find a way to return home. We spent our time together for years. I learnt of his kindness. The reason why he stood against that monster flood wasn't because he was brave. His friend, Rin, was at risk of dying, he didn't want her to suffer. He did live, but he came back without any limbs attached to him. He'd rather be the one who'll take all of the pain than his friends, and I can't let that happen; not when that child's innocent. That's another reason why I'm reluctant to call you on. The moment he finds out about you kids, he'll never listen to me anymore. He'll jump into enemy territory than to let you kids fight a war no one's sure whether you'll come back alive or not. Kuro's kind, but he's too kind. That's why I'm scared."

Everyone in the room fell into silence. All of them had the image of Kuro being a ruthless person, wanting to fight everyone seemingly stronger than him to prove his strength, but no one knew what he really is. A person willing to die just to let others live.

Sazama: "I... I want to get stronger."

Everyone raised their heads at Sazama who broke that silence.

Sazama: "Kuro-san rushes into danger because he doesn't want anyone to get hurt, right? Then let's get stronger. Strong to the point that we won't get hurt. This way, he won't have any problems, right?"

Rai smiles.

Rai: "Yeah."

Finally satisfied with his answer, everyone slowly left.

Rai: 'But... Even if you're strong... He'll have no choice but to run to her either way. Once he finds out he's being targeted by her, he'll have no choice but to go. She'll flood him, and he can't have that. He won't.'

As everyone left, Fukunuga didn't step out of the room. Instead, he closes the door.

"Rai. I feel like you're not telling us one important thing."

"Hmm?"

"It wasn't obvious at first, but we were all given gifts as we entered. I thought it was just me, but Yamagata-san approached me. He was given a gift of double classes."

'-What?! Double classes?! That's impossible!'

Rai's brows twitch a little.

"That's when I hypothesized, all of us otherworlders were given gifts. It was merely a hypothesis, but... You and Sazama confirmed it for me. Kuro is also an otherworlder, stronger than a King even at his age. So I'm curious..."

'I have a bad feeling about this...'

Fukunuga gets closer and closer to Rai, slowly gathering up his mana.

"What is his gift?"

Rai closes his eyes for a bit before opening them up again.

"... I don't know."

"... I see."

Fukunuga walks away to the door, but as he holds onto the door knob, something within him rises up. Making him decide something absurd.

Rai suddenly hears the door's lock mechanism. His eyes suddenly widen.

"You know, when you lie... You always fall silent."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mano: "Wait, where's Fukunuga-san?"

Sazama: "Huh?"

Matsuzaki: "Wait, you're right! Fuku-"

Suddenly, an explosion occurs at the place they were at before. They were already down at the bottom floor of the building, so they had no choice but to go out to see what's going on. Looking outside, they saw Rai's room had blown up.

Suddenly, the smoke moves and a figure was blown out of the room. As it lands, they find out it was Rai, who was injured and breathing heavily.

From the room, Fukunuga jumps down to Rai's body, landing on him. Still enraged, he grabs Rai by the collar and starts yelling.

Fukunuga: "You masochist... Tell me his gift!"

Sazama: "Fukunuga-san! What are you doing?!"

Fukunuga: "Sazama, this guy's hiding so much more than we thought."

Sazama: "What?"

Fukunuga: "Us otherworlders have special 'gifts' that makes us stronger than everyone here. Kuro is an otherworlder... What do you think his gift is? Why do you think he's being chased by the Silver King?"

Sazama: "You're... You're not thinking of..."

Fukunuga: "Yeah, by the time Kuro arrives... We'll ambush him, and give him to that damned Silver King and go home!"

Many students around the commotion hears of his plan, that Kuro was being chased by the Silver King. Them being concerned for their own safety suddenly thought of it. "If we give Kuro, everyone would be saved." Suddenly, the clouds start to gather.

???: "So... You want to give him to the Silver King?"

Everyone looked at the source of the voice... To see a Purple haired Dragonkin.

Rai: "... So you heard, Kirin."

The students were filled with shock as the person in question was identified to be Kirin, the God of Justice. As everyone was in shock, there were 4 specific students who are filled with utter rage. Kirin looks at the source and sees the 6 children. Kenny, Levy, Bea, Gran, Aina and Rin, the latter 2 being dumbfounded like the other students.

Kirin: "Rai, why don't you fight back?"

Rai: "Can't hurt them as they're needed, right?"

Kirin: "Haa... This is why you fail to be my successor."

Fukunuga: "So, are you in on that plan of mine?"

Kirin: "What are you talking about? We can't interfere with mortals unless our presence is needed. That's one of our rules as Gods."

Fukunuga: "Then it's my choice huh."

Kirin: "Who said anything about Kuro not having a choice? Not only that, but even if you force him, I doubt any of you would do anything against him."

Fukunuga: "There we go again. Kuro's the best at here, Kuro's the best at there, why are we being compared to someone who reincarnated here?!"

Kirin: "Since it's war, deal with it. What, you expect the Silver King to wait for you to get strong? You're weak. That's all there is to it. So unless you get strong, you'll be compared by the world to the best subject there is."

Fukunuga: "But if we succeed... That'll be the end of it all, right?"

Kirin: "And you expect her to stop?"

Fukunuga: "Her?"

Kirin: "Yes. The Silver King is a beautiful woman, but she has her eyes on him. She won't stop just by taking him. She'll kill everyone and everything that she'll see as a threat between him and her."

Fukunuga: "Why does it seem as if you know her well?"

Kirin closes his eyes before opening them once more accompanied with a sigh.

Kirin: "... That is something I am obligated to not speak about. She... Is someone you just need to defeat."

Fukunuga's expression was still filled with anger. Then, he utters something no one ever dared to.

Fukunuga: "By your words... If we ignore her, then you'll have to interfere... Correct?"

Kirin: "Do you think we haven't tried killing her?"

Fukunuga: "Then why'd you fail? Aren't you supposed to be Gods?"

Kirin: "... So you want to try and win that way, huh?"

Kirin still wore an emotionless expression, even as he was getting mad at his words. He walks up to Fukunuga.

Kirin: "Then try to win against her then. Of course, with my powers and in my position."

Kirin instantly grabs Fukunuga by the face and immediately, his eyes glowed purple. Kirin's eyes widened as he felt something from him.

Kirin: "You-"

Merlin: "That's enough! All of the students here, get out!"

Suddenly, all of the student around them except for the heroes got pushed away by a dome. The dome then darkened itself to the point that they couldn't be seen anymore, making everyone blind to what's happening. Everyone including Kuro's group, except for someone.

Kirin: "Ah, Merlin. What brings you here?"

Merlin: "Kirin, can you PLEASE stop the simulation on him?"

Kirin: "... Haa... Fine."

Kirin snaps his fingers, releasing Fukunuga of the terrifying experience. As he was brought back, he started panting, sweat trickled down as if it were rain, his eyes, once confident were now filled with fear.

Kirin: "Ah, so you fought her... 2 times? Unexpected."

Fukunuga slowly looks up at Kirin as he kept shaking.

Fukunuga: "You... How are you still... Fine?"

Kirin: "Because unlike you, I never underestimate."

Kirin then turns his back on them, intending to leave, but Fukunuga yells at him.

Fukunuga: "Wait!"

Kirin: "Hmm?"

Fukunuga: "Tell me... Who's that silver haired kid? Why didn't I see him the first time?"

Rai, Kirin and Merlin were in shock as he asks that question. Kirin's expression, from the normal calm and calculative, forms to rage. Kirin grabs Fukunuga by his collar.

Kirin: "YOU! HOW DID YOU SEE HIM?!"

Fukunuga: "W-What?"

Kirin, still enraged, threw away Fukunuga instead of venting his anger.

Kirin: "NONE OF YOU SHALL SPEAK OF THIS! NONE OF YOU!"

Kirin slices through the dome barrier with his finger in one swift slice and retreats from the school.

Sazama: "What the..."

Merlin: "Wait, Silver haired kid? Could it be?"

As everyone was still in shock, mumbling to themselves as to what happened whilst Rai fixes himself.

Merlin: "Well how come you're not in shock?"

Rai: "Well, when you live with a reincarnator of a different world, you're bound to get used to these things."

Far away from them however, Kuro's group was already walking away, with the faces of the 4 being filled with desire for revenge.

 

Chapter 28 -END-

1