Chapter 2 – The beginning of a new life
202 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

'Ah, too bright...'

As the child opens his eyes he sees himself sleeping on a bed. He looks at the window that overlooks his bed.

As the child groans, he tries to sit down on the bed.

'Status.'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Name: Kier Aagney Sylverius

Titles:
The Silver King (Hidden)
Reincarnated one (Hidden)
Avatar of the first creator (Hidden)
Son of the Dragonkin's chieftain (Guardian tribe)

Race: Silver Dragonkin

Bookmarked Skills:
Fire magic
Inspect (Hidden)
Mana sense
Blessing of Babel
Skill Creation (Locked)(Hidden)
Ancestral transformation (Locked)(Hidden)

Status: Groggy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'Well, what did I expect? I'm still 5 years old. But it's weird though...'

He looks at the floating status screen in front of him, there, he looks at his titles.

'The Silver King.'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Silver King

-Effect: ???

This title is (Locked) and cannot be used unless the conditions are met.

This title is (Hidden), it cannot be seen by anyone else but you, no matter what.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'No changes huh... It's a weird yet cool title, but I hope that doesn't turn into anything bad or something.'

Disappointed that there were barely any information or effects, he decides to check all the others, but the results ended the same, except for one.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Son of the Dragonkin's chieftain

-Effect: None

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'Damn...'

After being disappointed once again, he decides to check on his skills.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Blessing of Babel

Description:
No language is indecipherable. What was known as a curse of the past, now a blessing of the God that made it, you can understand, speak and write any language you choose perfectly.

This skill is (Hidden), it cannot be seen by anyone else but you, no matter what.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'Ah, my favorite skill. If only this one's more useful at all.'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Skill Creation

Description:
The most powerful magic. You are able to create any skill you want wherever, whenever, and whatever. However, using it comes with a price.

WARNING: IF THE VESSEL IS STILL WEAK WHILE USING THE SKILL, THE CREATED SKILL WILL HAVE A SIDE EFFECT AUTOMATICALLY CREATED.

WARNING: THE SKILL CANNOT BE USED AT THE VESSEL'S CURRENT STATE. DOING SO CAN DESTROY THE VESSEL AND THE WORLD IT INHABITS.

This skill is (Locked) and cannot be used unless the conditions are met.

This skill is (Hidden), it cannot be seen by anyone else but you, no matter what.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

'Hmm, it's just as I expected. I still need to get stronger to meet that certain condition. The price, I'm guessing it's this warning stuff. And, it's a '(Hidden) skill' like all the others... That's good to see. At least no one else but me will be able to see it. Finally...'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ancestral transformation

Description:
Return to your roots and show them the might of true dragons. Temporarily transform back into your signature dragon form.

This skill is (Locked) and cannot be used unless the conditions are met.

This skill is (Hidden), it cannot be seen by anyone else but you, no matter what.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fire magic

Description:
1 of the 4 basic magics.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'Huh, very nice. With my mana being high, I could cast quite a few of these... Hopefully at least...'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Inspect

Description:
This magic allows you to peek at the status boards of other beings, living or non-living. No lie concerning their status shall come through you if the skill's level is high enough. No mana cost required.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'This... It'll be very useful if I go adventuring in the future.'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mana sense

Description:
This magic allows you to sense mana at will, making it possible to see the opponents' magic affinities and such. No mana cost required.

With your current proficiency, you may sense mana 50 meters away from you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'Yup, this is one of my main priorities. This here will be able to help me sense traps, anything with regards to mana, or heck, maybe even illusions. Well, since nothing really changed, I gotta get ready.'

Kier stands up from his bed to stretch his body before looking outside through the window.

'Again, I just hope that this new life of mine isn't boring.'

As he thought of those words, he hears loud footsteps outside his room.

'Haa... Here we go.' As he sighs, the footsteps stop and the door opens loudly.

"COME ON CHA- Oh, you're awake." The person that enters his room was a big person.

'I keep forgetting that this big buffed guy is my dad, Doran Burnos Sylverius. Really not used to having a new family, even after 6 years after reincarnating.'

"Dad, don't yell too loud. It's still early in the morning."

Doran pouts, "Aww come on champ, you always laughed when I woke you up to hug you."

"Really now Dad? I thought I remember slapping you a lot while being tickled by your beard."

"Was that a slap? It was too weak to even be considered a hit."

"Oh now it's on!"

"RAAAAAAA!!"

Doran jumps at Kier and hugs him tightly as he tickles him with his beard. Kier laughs loudly as he tries wacking his father's face which was pointless. Suddenly, as they were bonding, they felt a murderous aura graze by them.

They looked at the source of evil to see a Mother holding a huge metal pan. Immediately, the both of them let go of each other and kneels down on the floor in front of her.

"Now Dear, Kier, what did I tell you two about being noisy in the morning?" Both of them shiver while looking at her feet as she spoke with a smile, very cold and sharp words.

""S-sorry Mom/Alicia""

They spoke in true synchronization.

As punishment, she hits Kier's head with a big wooden spoon, while Doran was hit with--

*BANG*

-- The pan.

"What was that for honey?!" Doran shouts as he rubs the spot where he was hit.

Alicia pouts and looks the other way, "You haven't done that for me in a long time."

"What 'that'?"

"You never hugged me, kissed me, or even made love with me anymore ever since I gave birth to Kier." As she says that, Doran and Kier spews out a yelp.

"Honey, I was just worried that you might be burdened by giving birth to Kier. I... I don't know how far a human can take themselves, considering that you were pregnant before as well."

'Well, it's true that Dad doesn't depend on her anymore. He even took up more than 50% of Mom's chores in the house. Can't be helped that he's worried about her being a human that just gave birth to a Dragonkin, but the thing is... It's been about more than six years since I was born here. She's definitely more than alright.'

Kier wakes up from his thoughts, and sees his family already about to make love.

"AHHHH DO THAT WHEN I'M AWAY!!! DISGUSTING!" He flails his arms and runs outside as he picks up his training sword.

As he was about to head out, his shoulders are immediately grabbed and he was turned around, there, his father faces him, "Be careful Champ, don't go too far from the village. The forest wolves have gotten crazy getting closer and closer here."

Kier smiles, "Don't worry about it and just make love!"

He pushes away his father and waves one last time before leaving the house.

He hears his family shout, "Where'd you--!"

It was recklessly ignored.

As he reaches the gate, he saw the guards that were monitoring the village's official entry and exit way, "Hey kid! You going to train again?"

"Of course Grunt, can't miss training if I'm gonna be the next head now can I?"

Laeus, the other guard laughs, "Hahaha, let's bet how long it'll take for him to reach his father."

"HAH! I bet 58 gold that this kid can beat him up 12 years from now. That man became strong at the age of 15, and considering that he's the child of a Sage AND a Prodigal Chieftain, why not?"

"Oh boy, I bet all my gold this kid can't do shit at that age."

Kier laughs at their skit, "Well then Grunt, you better share that gold when we win the bet."

Kier and Grunt bumps their fists, "Well then, you better get going!"

Kier waves at them, "Alright, see you guys later!"

"Don't go too far!" Laeus shouts.

But before Kier could even get far from the gate, he hears a child yelling at him, "Kier!"

A small female voice resounds to Kier's ears. It was one of his childhood friends, Bea Layla Purus, an Angel Dragonkin.

Kier comes closer to her in order to let shorten the gap between them.

"So, where're the others?"

Panting, she struggles to speak straight, "You... Wake up too... Early..."

He hits her head with a chop, "Then why bother waking up for me?"

Before the fatigued Bea could answer, another child spoke, "That's because we wanna train with you."

It was Gran Nigel Mercse, a Wind Dragonkin.

"Hee~... Can you even catch up to me?"

"Nga--! Of course we can!"

Kier ignores Gran's remark and asked, "So, the others?"

"Here!"

It was the 2 remaining childhood friends, the charismatic big child, Kenny Achyut Rockbourne, an Earth Dragonkin, and the cold and serious girl, Levy Alma Eros, a deadly sin of Lust Dragonkin.

"So, you guys wanna train with me, right?"

""""Of course!""""

Kier smirks, "Let's change the training session for once."

"Hah?" Gran questions.

Kier smirks, "How about we beat up a forest wolf?"

 

 

Chapter 2 End

5