CHAPTER THREE “BOY/NANHAI”
167 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After Wang Yibo’s birthday, he received a call from his parents apologizing for not celebrating with him on his special day since they were so busy in the company. He doesn’t really mind it because they always forget it all the time. The truth is he doesn’t feel sad but happy… happy because he was cared by someone he doesn’t know on that day.

Now it has been one week after that night that he met Xiao Zhan, but he still doesn’t see the guy again. He suddenly remembers their conversation the last time and smile.

“Why do you want my name? It’s not like we will meet again” Xiao Zhan jokingly answered him…

“Who knows…” he uttered.

“Yeah… Who knows...” he said to himself and suddenly there was a doorbell from outside his condominium.

When he opened it, he saw Xiao Zhan standing in front of him… smiling…

“Hi Mr. Wang, here’s your package delivery.” Xiao Zhan handed the package delivery to him.

“Zhan Ge…” he uttered and received the package.

“It’s a fancy seeing you again…” Xiao Zhan said while almost laughing. “I never thought that I get to deliver something from your condominium for the second time around. It’s kind of rare, you know… because we have a lot of courier in the Delivery Service Center…”

“Yeah… But it’s good to see you again, Zhan Ge…”

“So how’s your fever? Are you okay now?” Xiao Zhan asked him.

He looked at the sympathetic guy in front of him and gives him a smile.

“T-Thanks to you…” he sincerely said...
After delivering a package again to Wang Yibo, Xiao Zhan keeps being confused as to why the package delivery of the boy keeps on being routed to him.

This would be his fifth time now as he happened to remember. Why does this kid always ordering something? Why does he always to be the one who keeps on delivering him the package? Is there something wrong with the auto-generated system on their end? It’s not that he doesn’t want to see the boy anymore; it’s just that it made him wonder the coincidences.

Before he door belled, he put his game face on and smiles politely. The door opens immediately and he sees the boy with the same expressions just like before.

“Aiyaaahhh Mr. Wang, I keep on seeing you everyday…” he forced himself to laugh because it was really awkward now. “I wonder why I keep on delivering the package that you order…”

“Yeah, the coincidence is overbearing…” Wang Yibo said to him and shyly smiled while bowing his head.

He stared at the boy this time and feels like he’s hiding something from him… It’s not like he paid and made a special request to the Delivery Service Center’s Manager in his area so that he can deliver the package to his condominium every day. Wait a minute-------- what the----- how is that possible?! He knows the kid is rich and all but why would he do that? No… no… no… he’s just over thinking, that’s all.

“Zhan Ge?” the boy keeps on calling him. “Zhan Ge, are you okay? Is there something wrong with my face?”

“H-Huh? Ah, no… no… I’m sorry I was just thinking of something.” He said apologetically.

“Like what?” Wang Yibo asked him but it seems more like he was teasing him for spacing out and looking at the boy’s face.

“Like… like… like I didn’t take my lunch yet? Ahahaha.” Yeah he knows his reasoning is kind of crazy but what can he do? He could not think of anything else…

”Then… let us take our lunch together…” Wang Yibo said. “Just give me a moment; I’ll put the package inside…”

“W-W-Wait--------“ before he could react, the boy went inside… He wanted to run and escape from this situation but the paper was not signed yet and the package was already inside… “Damn…”

When Wang Yibo came out, he’s already wearing a bonnet and a jacket.

“Please sign the paper first before we leave…” he said like it was nothing but deep inside, he was going to ditch him.

“Later.” The boy said and started to walk and he followed right way.

“Why do it later when you can do it now?” he asked.

The boy doesn’t answer him but instead continued to walk… When they were at the ground floor, Wang Yibo talks to the front desk for a moment… While waiting, he suddenly thought of just walking away without the paper being signed. He will just apologize and file an incident report to what happened.

He simply turned around and before he could have the chance to go, someone grabs him.

“W-What the ------------------“ before he could finish what he said, he saw that the person who grabs him was Wang Yibo.

The boy stared at him with a confusing look.

“Aiyaaahhh, I was just going to --------“ the boy did not badge and still holds him like a little kid who doesn’t want his parents to leave him... He sighed deeply and, “I-It’s not like I’m going to escape.”

Wang Yibo smile shyly and pull him going to his motor bike and gives him another helmet.

“L-Let’s just ride separately… I can’t just leave the-----------“ he reasoned out but stopped in the middle when the boy said something.

“Then, let’s ride your delivery service motorbike.”

“Wait, what?!” he blurted with disbelief of what Wang Yibo was saying.

“Next time, I’ll let you ride my big bike Zhan Ge.”

Since his service motorbike is just small, he and Wang Yibo’s body were closer to each other while riding it. It’s not like he was tense that there’s a skin ship between them but he’s not just used to it.

“Whoaaah, so this is the feeling of riding this…” Wang Yibo exclaimed like a child in his back.

He chuckled slightly when the boy said those words… He somewhat understand Wang Yibo’s character. Despite the cold expressions and vibe he gives, he’s actually just a little kid inside. 

“Zhan Ge, would you like to ride on my big bike next time?” he asked him.

“I-If I have time.” he replied shortly.

After a while, Wang Yibo wanted him to stop at a fancy restaurant. The truth is he was hesitant to go inside and his attire is not really appropriate. This guy is putting him in a very awkward situation.

“Zhan Ge, is there’s something wrong?”

“H-Huh? Ah, no… no…” he said and then went inside.

This kind of place that Xiao Zhan only saw on television is now here in front of him.  They were lead to a table and were given a menu. When he opened it, he was shocked on how pricey the menu is and looks at Wang Yibo. The price on one meal is equivalent to his whole 1 month of groceries.

“Zhan Ge, what would you like to eat? We’re both hungry so let’s order a lot.”

Xiao Zhan’s eyes became big and conclude that the boy is crazy! How could he order such an expensive meal? Even if the boy is loaded, how could he take advantage on that?

“A-Are you sure?!” he quietly asked since the waiter is in front of them.

“I’ve never been sure my whole life except today.” Wang Yibo answered while staring at him. He feels that there’s a double meaning to the boy’s anwer.

“W-Whatever you order, I’ll just eat.” He just let Wang Yibo do what he wants and never argue.

Wang Yibo ordered a lot and this made their table full of different cuisine… There’s a sweet and sour pork, sizzling beef, shark fin soup, desert etc.

“How can we finish this? Since you’re still young, you need to save your money. Don’t over spend it… What if in the future, you no longer have a single cent anymore?” Xiao Zhan said with care. “Next time if you want to eat, you can ask me a location of a cheap restaurant with a delicious meal where you can just spend a few bucks.”

“Then does that mean that Zhan Ge will still eat with me the next time?” Wang Yibo might have an impassive look but the lit of happiness was shown in his face.

He looked at Wang Yibo. This boy doesn’t have a friend, he realized. Maybe because he looks so serious and always stays in his condominium. He kind of pity him because the truth is he doesn’t have a friend either here in Beijing. He just stays here for work and didn’t come here for enjoyment.

It’s not a bad idea to have at least one friend here in Beijing… or let me rephrase, it’s not a bad idea to have a little brother since Wang Yibo already called him Zhan Ge.

“Sure but it will be my choice of restaurant…” he said.

“Whatever Zhan Ge likes.” Wang Yibo happily agreed.

“Next time, I’ll bring you to my favorite hotpot restaurant…” Xiao Zhan said then started to eat the food in the table. 

~END OF CHAPTER THREE

 

 

AUTHOR’S NOTE:

I actually planned to have Xiao Zhan ride the green motorbike of Wang Yibo and let them eat in a hotpot restaurant but since this is an alternate universe, I decided to have it the other way around… 

2