001 – Rebirth
135 5 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Let me get to the point, I am a fat and ugly guy who regrets how he lived his life. For twenty-nine consecutive years, I rode on my parent's bank account, not even going outside for three years. I would masturbate without a care in the world. 

But a few minutes ago, I had been kicked out of the house by my parents. I didn't even get any clothes, only a t-shirt and some shorts that I was wearing.

All I could do is stand outside and cry, hoping they would take pity on me and let me back in. But no, my parents didn't come back out. After thirty minutes of waiting, I stood up and went down the street to cry my sorrows away.

I was just about to sit down on a bench when I saw a kid kicking a football. The ball ended up rolling to the street, and the kid went after the ball. An incoming truck containing a drunk driver not seeing what was in front of him went dashing at the kid. I quickly sprinted over to the kid and pushed him out the way.

I took a deep breath and was relieved I got the kid to safety when the kid shouted. "Hey, mister, watch out!" I looked to my right to see an incoming truck blasting towards me at full speed. Then it was all over.

"Fuck, I don't want to go out like this!" "Well, guess I deserved this." 

'At least I died doing a good deed." I felt like I was falling into a bottomless abyss with no end in sight. Then suddenly I heard a strange voice. [Would you like to restart?] [Y/N] "Huh?" "What's that voice?"

"Well, to answer you, If I could, I would want to start a new life in another world." [Proceeding With Reincarnation] I then felt tremendous amounts of pain. It was even more powerful than the pain of dying. [Enjoy your new world] The voice congratulated me.

***

I woke up in a strange city. It glowed a beautiful white light, powered by alien-like technology I had never seen in my life.

It had a horizon of infinite metal, waves of ships soared in the air. It all looked like something out of a sci-fi novel. I stood standing on what was like a street.

It took me a long time to get all of this strange new information into my head. I looked around me to see people made of steel, some even having Exoskeletons and tubes connecting to the back. I was surprised by these alien-like people. And what was more daunting was they looked just like the NPC's I saw in Acranix.

Acranix was a sci-fi game with a vast universe with a world map and landscapes that was generated using the latest generation of quantum computers. It became a hit overnight after the first version, 1.0, came out. 

"What type of bullshit is this?" I stuttered. I looked at my arm. I saw metal and another substance that glowed bright blue.

Floating words appeared in front of me.

________________________________________________________________________

[Skill Aprasial Activated] [Type 1A Cybernetic Arm]

________________________________________________________________________

 I was a little flustered and jumped back, hitting someone. The man turned and looked at me.

He was a giant hump of metal. He wore a white suit and a white hat.

I looked at his chest. He was wearing a golden crest.

I looked at it for a while and noticed.

"The Alvadia Corporation?"

It was one of the company's in Acranix. I remember it well because it was one of the Original companies in version 1.1.

"Oi, watch where you're going." The man told me.

"Got it," I smiled. The man walked off to a building that had the Alvadia logo. Alright, there is a lot of proof that I'm in a game, but I'm going to do a test to see if I truly am in a game. I took a deep breath and said the words.

"Player screen." 

***

Several blue texts appear around me.

________________________________________________________________________

[Name: Park-Hye-Mi] [Race: Android]

[Level: 1] [Experience: 0]

[Main Class: N/A]

[Sub-class: Civilian Lv. 1] (0/50)

________________________________________________________________________

[Attributes: Strength 2, Dexterity 2, Endurance 2, Intelligence 2, Agility 2, Mystery 1, Charm 2, Luck 1] [Unassigned Stats: 0] 

[Health points: 30/30] [Stamina: 36/36] [Abilities: None]

[Skills: - Appraisal Lv1: Information on objects, living beings, etc.]

[Equipment: None]

________________________________________________________________________

"Jesus Christ," I chuckled.

"Alright, knowing I'm part of the game, what exactly am I now? Am I an actual life-form, or am I just a bunch of data? Did my soul transmigrate, or is it something else entirely?"

I was stopped in my thoughts when I remembered something.

The Alvadia company is located on planet 34B7, 

the planet 34B7 Will be attacked by Gridias on March 28, 2349.

And knowing I saw someone from the Alvadia company, I'm pretty much screwed. "Calendar." A blue text appeared in front of me.

[January 5, 2349]

I still had some time to level up and get the hell out of this planet. But, I would need a visa so I can enter other planets. The only thing I could think of is to fight off the Gridias. 

Or get a spaceship and fly to a planet that hasn't been discovered yet. One of the major things I noticed is I wasn't fat anymore. I had something similar to a runner's body. Although, I could be wrong as I was made up of metal and wires.

I stepped off the street. I was blocking the way of many people and with my current stats picking a fight wasn't something I was looking forward to. I want to live this life perfectly.

***

One of the things that were on my mind was special classes.

 In Acranix, you could get special classes by doing certain things.

The special class I wanted to get was the Legendary Mechanic.

With this class, I could just rely on items than actual action and skill.

I would become an overgeared. I want to know are players here right now or is everyone an NPC.

I start walking on the side when I hear a loud crash that is followed by someone flying towards me. They knocked into me, breaking my ribs. Everyone nearby started running.

____________________________________________________________

[Name: Park-Hye-Mi][Health 5/30] (Injured) 

____________________________________________________________

Even though they only hit my ribs, my whole body was hurting.

"What the hell!" I shouted. They stood up, revealing a man with a plasma sword and gun. The man didn't have any armor.

____________________________________________________________

<Skill Aprasial Activated>

[Name: Kang-Jin-Hwa] (Player)

[Race: Android] [Level: 23]

____________________________________________________________

Then suddenly, a beast came dashing at us. 

It's about the size of an elephant, has two legs and two arms, and remnants of what was once a tail.

It had thick but delicate skin covered in thin, white fur. 

The beast had large pointy ears that helped it hear. It also had a long nose and round eyes, a large mouth, teeth, and a long tongue.

"Fuck" I shouted. I tried moving, but any attempt to move caused me intense pain, all I could do is just sit and watch my impending death.

The player started running away from the armored man. It was most likely that he was sent flying to me by the armored man.

In this situation, I didn't want to die again. I already experienced the pain of death. I already have the trauma of death, and as I said, I want to live this life perfectly, and not die.

***

8