Chapter 9: Spoils of battle
3.7k 8 108
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Battered and bloody, Ren slowly slithered towards the two corpses.

His muscles ached!

Before he could even think of consuming the two large monsters, he had to regain his energy. 

Ren willed his muscles on, slowly slithering around the still body of the Charmander and to the stump where its arm had been. 

‘What kind of skill or racial skill did it have to survive this long with such wounds…?’ 

He slowly slithered his way to the stump of the Charmander and began to lick the Charmander’s blood. 

It was the only way that he could reasonably gain energy in a short amount of time. 

Thick, metallic liquid slid down his throat. 

He could feel his tired muscles become energized and his mind become clear. 

Most of all, he once again felt the same desire. 

The desire for flesh and food!

He continued drinking the Charmander’s blood for over 15 seconds. 

[Ding! You have gained one bioenergy! You have grown 1cm longer! Body heals slightly!] 

The sweet system notification wrung out in his mind. 

A sharp pain hit him followed by the feeling of having his body stretched.

He examined the condition of his body. 

His muscles were not in their optimal condition but they were useable and the blood flow had slowed down to a trickle. 

Ren could not help but marvel at the wonders of bioenergy.

 

His thoughts turned to how he should consume the remaining carcasses. 

Ren’s jaws could expand in size several times over but there was no way the large bodies of the two monsters were going to fit. 

They were massive… at least massive compared to Ren’s current body.

‘What should I do… the other Pokémon will be hear soon…’

Ren quickly thought up of a plan. 

He slithered towards the mangled leg of the Charmander. 

He expanded his jaws to their limits and struck down on the Charmander’s leg. His fangs pierced the skin yet could not tear all the way through

Trickles of energy that had regenerated slowly flowed towards his fangs.

The strengthened fangs pierced deeper into the Charmander’s flesh ripping out a large chunk of it.

Ren swallowed it. The flesh began dissolving in his stomach. 

Ren noticed that when the Charmander died, its flesh had become weaker almost instantaneously.

The system’s notification did not ring out. 

‘I need more...’

He repeated the action, once again directing small amounts of energy into his fangs and ripping apart the Charmander’s flesh.

He had to be careful with his energy consumption… too much and he would run out of what little energy he had left. Too little and he would not have enough energy to pierce through the flesh on the next few bites. 

Slowly, Ren honed his control over spirit.

[Ding! Spirit has increased by .1]

Ren was elated! He had increased his spirit. 

He put even more concentration into efficiently using his spirit. 

[Ding! You have gained one bioenergy! You have grown 1cm longer! Body heals slightly!]

Ren slowly raised his head from his meal and observed his surroundings

The Pokémon that had previously cleared the area at the sight of the two hegemons fighting were slowly returning.

‘I have to be quick…’ 

He once again turned to his meal, this time biting and swallowing the flesh quicker. 

[Ding! You have gained one bioenergy! You have grown 1cm longer! Body heals slightly!]

He was now 15 cm long.

 

Ren raised his head and looked around again. 

A small group of Pokémon had gathered around him. 

White tier Pokémon surrounded him. They were mainly insects and small animals.

They had temporarily 

They started at him and the two corpses of the two hegemons. Their mouths watered at the sight of high-level flesh. 

They too wanted to consume high tier Pokémon and get stronger. 

Why did the small snake get to eat the delicacies?

The Pokémon were held back by the possibility that the snake was dangerous! After all, it was eating one the hegemons.

They were waiting for one of them to go forward and test the waters.

Finally, one of them could no longer hold in his desires.

It stepped forward. 

It was a rat Pokémon; A Patrat. 

There was one features that stood out to Ren. 

‘Its eyes…’ 

The Rat’s eyes contained layers of colors. The pupil of the rat was black. Three layers (Red, yellow and another red) surrounded the black pupil.

Its eyes drew Ren in. 

‘What nice eyes… wait!’

He realized what was happening. 

He was being charmed!

Ren quickly broke eye contact with the monster. 

‘I don’t remember it having a skill like this…’ 

Ren was once again reminded that this was not the same Pokémon of his memories.

He was in a precarious situation. 

The Patrat was not the issue. He had the confidence to fight it and win. What he was worried about was what came after. 

Even though he might be able to win against the Patrat, it would not be as quick nor as fierce as the two red tier Pokémon. 

Other Pokémon may challenge him after the fight and then he would be in real trouble. 

He had to prove himself or at least deceive the Pokémon around him into thinking that he was also a high tier monster without using any physical contact. 

A plan began to formulate inside his head.

‘Ok… let’s do it…’ 

Ren slowly slithered away from the corpse and towards the Patrat.

The Parat’s steps slowed down at the sight of Ren’s approaching figure.

He slowly raised his body into the air. 

Ordinarily, he would slither on the ground. He wanted to create an intimidating effect!

Ren’s body rose nearly 10cm into the air. 

The ends of his tail and spirit held him up. 

Ren breathed in heavily, expanding his lungs to the limit. 

His body size increased.

Energy began to gather around his brain. 

He was going to use a mental skill. He continued stacking the energy that he had regained from consuming the Charmander onto the skill.

[Terrorize] 

He activated terrorize at the Patrat.

 

The Patrat stopped walking forward.

Its eyes bulged. 

The fearsome 10cm tall snake before it started changing. Heads appeared that were previously absent, its scales became darker and its body grew. 

It turned into a nine-headed monster; a hydra.

The fear paralyzed the Parat’s body.

As soon as the paralysis wore off, it turned its body away and quickly fled!

Ren compared the reaction of the Charmander to that of the Patrat. The Charmander had only stopped for a second while the Patrat had ran away in fear!

‘So the strength of the Pokémon determines the effect of [Terrorize]…’ Ren realized.

It had worked!

The other Pokémon also began to back off from the two corpses. 

The sight of the fleeing Patrat forced them to pay their respects to the small snake. Even though it did not look like it, this snake was a higher tier existence!

[Ding! You have further developed the skill ‘terrorize’. Scare the masses and bend them to your will. Skill percentage of terrorize increases rapidly!] 

‘Status’ 

 

Host Name: Ren

Species: Ekans (Infant)

Element: Poison

Level: 0 [Limit: 5]

Bio-Energy: 5/10

Length: 15cm

Spirit: .8

Power: 1.0

Wisdom: 2.4

Agility: 1.2

Defense: 1.1

Skills: Breathless Breathing Technique [7.3%], Poison sting [4.32%], Terrorize [13.7%], Acceleration [4.45%] 

Racial Skills: Shedding [4.65%]

 

Ren was astounded! He had targeted the Patrat but the other Pokémon’s indirect fear allowed his [terrorize] skill to rapidly improve.

He directed his thoughts back on to the Charmander’s corpse.

Strength through trickery was useful but pure strength would give him the most security.

In less than 5 minutes, he had finished consuming the Charmander’s body. 

[Ding! You have gained 1 bioenergy… You have grown 1cm longer!]

A sharp pain hit him followed by the feeling of his body stretching. 

He looked at his stats.

Ren was now 19cm long! Nearly twice the size he was originally! He had gained 7 bioenergy in total from the Charmander boosting his bioenergy from 2 to 9. 

He only needed one more energy point before he evolved.

He could feel energy coursing through his body. The blood from his wound stopped flowing. His wounds began to heal. His bruises disappeared! 

 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys, 

This subarc is nearly done now! Only a few more chapters left... 

If you enjoyed this chapter please: 

1.Review and comment. What do you predict will happen to Ren? 

108