Chapter 25: Hunter Ants
2.6k 8 74
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

If you would like to read chapters ahead and support me, consider joining my pa treon.

www.pa treon.com/teaDragon1

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

A shriek sounded out from within the trees. More shrieks responded from the trees far away.

Ren had heard this type of screech before.

'Ants.'

Ren turned his head away from the water and towards the tree line.

From the tree line emerged three ants.

'Fuck… it is like water hates me or something. Every time I go near it some shit like this happens.'

They were nothing like the ants he had faced before. These ants were muscular, their large 50 centimeter bodies covered in a blue metallic coating.

Their eyes were a shade of deep red.

As soon as they laid eyes on him, their bodies began to shake. Their legs began to quiver, as the screeches that came out of their mouths increased in volume and frequency.

'These ants are different.'

Ren got different vibes from them. They were not simple worker ants.

Spirit travelled to his eyes, covering his pupils in a red hue.

[Appraisal]

Species: Durant (Hunter)

Potential: None

Level: 3/3

Ren was shocked.

'Its level…'

This was a higher-level pokemon. Not only that but its body shape told Ren that this was not just some simple level 3 White tier pokemon.

The ants in front of him were at least blue tier.

[Durant will provide 3 bioenergy points]

'This is going to be hard…'

It was a blue tier pokemon of a higher level! Moreover, there were three of them!

The shrieks that he had heard in the distance signaled that there were more of them coming.

Despite the overwhelming odds, Ren could not help but feel excited.

He had gotten much more powerful for cases like this right.

Spirit circulated around his body congealing into red aura around his body.

Ren smoothly shaped the red aura into his desired shape.

'Needles.'

Ren once again imagined a sharp needle.

The spirit began to morph and change shape.

He did not have to focus as hard anymore.

'Copy x4'

Four needles appeared in front of him.

Red aura gathered on his tail.

[Acceleration]

Ren's body shot forward.

The ants shrieked before also charging forward.

Red aura gathered on their antennae.

[Eerie spell]

The mental attack skill activated.

Foreign spirit entered Ren's body through his ears, aiming for his brain.

'Mental protection'

Ren used his spirit to protect his brain.

He landed on the ground before launching himself forward again with acceleration.

The distance between the two enemies rapidly closed.

They were no mere meters away from one another.

'This should be far enough'

Ren launched his needles forward, controlling the needles with his mind.

The needles soared across the sky and pierced into the eyes of two of the ants.

'Damn… my aim was off'

This was another ability he had acquired after levelling up.

Long range attacks.

Of course, they were not true long-range attacks. His attacks currently only had a range of about 3 meters.

The two ants that Ren had hit immediately screamed out in pain before slowing down. Blood flowed down from their eyes, painting a gruesome sight. Their bodies became disoriented and wobbly.

The remaining (third) ant continued charging, not noticing the plight of its companions.

Ren's body shot to the side before launching himself at the side of the Durant.

Ren's long body wrapped around the body of the Durant.

Aura gathered on his tail.

A sharp blade formed.

With a quick and precise movement, the blade that he had formed lodged itself into the side of the Durant.

The Durant screamed

The Durant's body slowed down. Blood flowed down from its side.

Ren felt a sharp pain against his flesh.

He could feel his flesh being torn apart.

*Hiss*

Ren hissed in pain.

Ren looked at the sight of the wound.

One of the ants that he had injured before, had bit into him. Red aura surrounded its thorny mandibles.

Ren could see the blood flow out of his wounds.

'This is the second time…'

Since coming to this world, he had only ever really mean injured by the Charmander. His careful personality and quick wits had kept him out of trouble.

Yet these ants had injured him!

To make matters worse, the ant that he had wrapped his body around began to violently shake.

Ren's body quickly processed the information before him.

He was in a dangerous situation.

His mind worked in overdrive.

Ren aura quickly congealed into two needles.

'This is not enough…'

The necks and flesh of these ants were much harder than the necks of the Durants he had fought before.

Ren began to think of his lance.

'I need momentum…'

The needles before him began to spin.

'And I need propulsion…'

Red aura concentration on the non-sharp side of the needle.

Ren waited.

'Now…'

In an instance, Ren willed the Needles forward.

The spinning needles were propelled forward.

Like bullets, the needles shot into the neck of the ant that was biting into him. The needle shot through the ant's neck and into the ground below it.

A giant hole was created in the ant's neck!

The ant screamed in pain.

Instantly, the ant's mandibles released its grip on Ren's flesh. The ant Collapsed onto the ground.

Ren congealed another spinning needle and shot it into the neck of the ant that he had wrapped his body around.

Like the previous ant, the Durant screamed before dying.

Its body collapsed onto the ground.

Ren unwound his body.

Blood flowed out of his wounds, dying his lower body in a deep red color.

Ren observed his spirit reserved.

'Half full…'

He would have liked to regain his lost spirit but he had his priorities. He located the other ant that he had previously incapacitated.

This ant was still rolling on the ground in pain.

Ren swiftly ended its wretched life.

He gasped out.

'This fucking pain…'

The pain was killing him!

Ren directed his spirit to the wound, using it to temporary close it.

Ren consumed the corpses of the three ants.

His stomach was like a never-ending stomach.

It swallowed the prey before digesting it almost instantly.

[You have gained nine bioenergy! Your skill percentages have improved! Your body slightly heals. Your body has grown longer]

The voice of the system rang out within his mind.

Ren had never felt so glad to hear the messages of the system.

Ren felt a sharp pain before the feeling of his body elongating. He was now 110cm long.

His wound shrunk a little, but Ren maintained his spirit bandage over it.

'I was too overconfident…'

He should have paid more attention to his surroundings. He had won all of his battles so far but it was only a matter of time before he fucked up and got himself killed.

He had to treat all battles carefully, without holding anything back!

*Shriek*

More shrieks resounded out from the tree line.

The shadows of more ants emerged.

Now he was stuck.

With his wounds and he still recovering spirit, he would not be able to run away from these ants. He was not sure if he could accelerate past the river onto the opposite side with his poor body condition.

He had to fight.

74