Chapter 16: Day TWO
1k 1 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Day Two

 
Samantha slowly opened her eyes. Cool moonlight passed through her white blinds onto her face as she sat up, quickly reaching over to hit the snooze button on her phone. Had she left that thing on? Shit. She groaned and rolled over, somewhat surprised to find Ethan lying next to her.

The grin that crossed her face was smug and satisfied. Beside her in bed lay a delicious young woman with a spritely face and more curves than Samantha had any clue how to deal with.

Though I can learn. She thought as she traced a pinky up along Ethan’s ribs. A frown marred her features. Somehow that name both felt right and wrong at the same time. ‘Ethan’. While Ethan had gone nowhere, that name didn’t seem appropriate for this body. And why not change it? She thought. As much as Ethan was sleeping next to her, this new, adorable young woman was also there as well.

No. ‘Ethan’ wouldn’t do. At least not for this week. Oh! That reminded her.

“Holly!” she thought.

The response came instantaneously. “Yes, dear?” Above her floated the spectral AI.

“Fuck!” the word came out in full volume, but Samantha caught herself mid-swear and quieted down, eliciting only a subtle stir from her bedmate. She turned on the AI. “You can’t just Hill House me, Holly!” she hissed. “Geeze.”

“Sorry!” the ghost held her hands up and settled into a seating position on top of her. While Samantha noticed the sheets and blankets didn’t move, she did feel a substantial weight rest upon her thighs. “What would you like me to look like for you?”

“It’s not so much about the look, Holly. It’s about you spooking me in the middle of the night.”

“It’s actually morning—”

“You can actually shut up.” Samantha rolled her eyes. “What am I going to do with you two?”

“Well, I know what you have planned for him. Though, strictly speaking, you haven’t actually placed the war-rule into effect yet.” She shrugged. “As for me, I don’t really know, yet. What are you thinking?”

Samantha smiled contentedly as she curled up behind Ethan, making him the little spoon. “For you? Maybe something more adorable and much, much less frightening.” She shot her a glare. “But for Ethan?” she grinned deviously. “You know what I want for my win.” She felt the pressure on her midsection lessen and turned to find an adorable white ferret resting there.

“He may fight you on your interpretation of the rules, Samantha.” The little creature curled up on her hip said. “And he might even have a case, too.”

“Oh, I don’t know.” Samantha had to stifle a tired laugh when she saw Ethan’s full, beautiful lips twitch at the sound of her voice so close to his pierced ears. “I doubt he’ll actually be upset.”

“Okay, then.” The ferret smiled and crawled up and along her, tickling her side with its tiny paws as it came to rest by her shoulder. “So, say it specifically for the two of us, then.”

“For the remainder of this week,” Samantha spoke quietly, “I will be allowed to place a new rule on Ethan each day. That is what I choose as my ‘win’ for the second ‘War’ that I won.”

“Technically…” said the ferret, “you won yesterday, so you do have a rule you can place on him for yesterday if you so wish.”

Samantha smiled softly and kissed Ethan’s exposed ear, brushing his hair back across it. “Oh,” she whispered, “I do so wish.”

The ferret looked at her expectantly.

“I wish…” she began as she sat up to look at Ethan’s beautiful body, preserved from the full power of her full leering gaze under thick downy blankets. A loud gust blew against the wind, trapping a single red, yellow and orange maple leaf there against the glass in a turbulent dance of nature that captured Samantha’s gaze. Then she knew what she wished for. She turned to her ferret companion. “I wish that the name ‘Ethan’ would be replaced by a more appropriate name for the duration of this week.”

“Any name in particular?” Holly asked.

Samantha felt a resounding peace in her chest as she spoke the name that Ethan would be going by for the foreseeable future.

“His—” she shook her head. “No. Her name… is Autumn.”

“Autumn.” Holly repeated, looking at the sexy, tanned Latina woman lying in bed next to them. She closed her eyes in faux focus and said, “It is done.”

Samantha curled up against her Girlfriend’s back and closed her eyes. Soon enough, the warm morning light would be filtering in through her blinds and lighting the room with Fall colors, and Autumn would wake up in her arms.

She smiled. This week was going to be amazing.

18