Chapter 5: Clean Up and Shopping
34 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ryouv cleaned up his work space, as it was his bedroom as well and would need to be cleaned regardless. With a ding he heard his account getting filled with the 2,000 credits from Ari, and she was correct, that would be enough to get a personal maid, but he was pretty sure that was just a joke. He paid his overdue rent and also paid ahead for this month as he planned on staying here for awhile, he didn't have the money to even think about buying his own place.

So then his account was less by 1,000 credits, but he had enough to get more blank card he decided to go to the online card shop and auction to see if he could get a few more characters he had in mind to make.

The game had an adaptable energy system, most people called it MP, and it was the blue bar underneath your health. It was used to cast spells and to do certain attacks, but it could be swapped if one created a new sort of magic system to use it. However creating your own magic system couldn't be more powerful then the system and it was just an alternate form of MP use.

Only two players successfully made an alternate form of MP and it was a two Creature Collective players and each made something different, "Bloodthirst" for demonic creature types, which consuming bloodthirst would give their creature an increase in speed and power. The other was SP and it stood for Spiritual Points, while MP stood for Mana Points. SP was the power source for ghost and undead types of monsters. Undead was classified as both a Human Allies and Creature Collective race as most cards can be undead versions of themselves. So when a battle starts with those specific creatures people can choose to use either SP, Bloodthirst, or MP to battle, and some abilities can only be activated by one certain type. 

For example if Ryouv used a demonic entity, it would have his bonded wand in a locked spot, but if he decided to use the bloodthirst system he wouldn't be able to cast spells using MP. 

In the meantime Ryouv had in mind for like endless ideas to make more mana systems. The first type he was going for would either be from One Piece or Naruto, but first he had to buy the character to make the system for, so a underwater creature or a ninja. In addition he could create "Spells" of Ninjutsu and Marine Techniques. Ryouv decided on One Piece first because their system of was based on Stamina consumption and would probably be simpler to make for not instead of trying to make Chakra. Also Stamina consumption could be used for a lot of physical types as well, not only for seafarers. All sorts of anime Ryouv had watched in the past included stamina based powers so it didn't really matter what card he used for the development of the but he had something in mind. 

In Ryouv's case he had to possess the card he was going to make the system for or else the system would reject it, so he needed to buy some seafarers card of some type and a Blank Mana System Chip. The chip was expensive, around the same price of Ryouv's rent, but if he could successfully pull it off he could make a fortune. He had to buy a second one because if he was successful he had to put the second chip on the market. Currently the only people who could afford to buy Mana Systems were the top players, and most players just played with the simple MP Mana system that was free.

Looking around he decided to buy three cards, a sailor, a pirate, and a half finished mercenary card. Half finished were cheaper to buy then fully made cards, plus all that was left was something like the intent or image usually, for this particular card all that was missing was the name so it was almost as expensive as an already made card. He had enough to buy 2 more blank cards but in doing so he would have to not buy groceries until he did another commission or something. Man, everything is so expensive that Ryouv had to spend even the money he earned from the auction, and Ari's extra payment. 

When Ryouv got home he was exhausted. How can people shop so happily when it can be so expensive uraghh... He got up and got to work and started with finishing the half finished mercenary card. He named it "Beginner Adventurer" and looked at its stats. 

* Character Card

Name: Beginner Adventurer

Info: Average Strength and Speed, Similiar to a Soldier but has their own choices other then being commanded by a superior. 

Now to start working on the Stamina Mana System. Designating the affected to be Humanoid characters he selected his Adventurer card to be the basic testing model. Using the basic MP template he changed a few things based on how Stamina worked. Like MP it would constantly be increasing by regen, but for stamina it would balance out with movement. Walking would balance out the regen making the stamina bar stationary, while hard movements would decrease the stamina amount. When one was not moving it would be counted as resting and stamina would regen twice as fast. Once could increase their power and speed at the cost of stamina and movement related spells would cost stamina instead of MP. The only creatures that couldn't use stamina were Plant creatures, Undead creatures, and Automated Creatures. Setting the color of the Stamina bar to Yellow, Ryouv made the color when using stamina light yellow mist. So when someone used a stamina related skill they would glow light yellow for a second. It was a success and soon there was a broadcast in game, interrupting everyone who was playing. 

Congratulations -Crafter MW- for producing an all new Mana System, "Stamina" the first 2000 copies will be on the Gamewide Auction House and -Crafter MW- will get 80% commission on their sale. 

Ryouv was kinda shocked, he didn't expect that to happen and for the game to immediately make copies of it. Buying the second chip personally was almost not worth it. He was sure a lot of people would buy it as there weren't any stamina related skills out there yet. He immediately got to work on his two stamina based skills. He decided on making 2 of the 6 Rokushiki from One Piece, Shigan and Soru. 

Ryouv wasn't getting super cocky with his skills but most of his cards were successes as long as they were reasonable and he had understanding of the system. So he wasn't to worried that they would fail and much like his guess both of his skills passed through the system with a new notification going through the system when it did. 

System Update: Due to the increase of Stamina System Spells, Spell names of the Stamina System have been changed to "Skills", as well as the stamina system can be used alongside the Mana System for some special character cards.

 

* Skill Card

Name: Shigan

When Used: With the stabbing motion of your shoulder, arm, and finger, focus your power in a strike that penetrates the enemy like a bullet. 20% piercing damage. Attacking hand should be unarmed. 

Costs 15 Stamina

 

* Skill Card

Name: Soru

When Used: Speeding up in one spot rush at a high speed in a straight direction. moves around 5-10 meters in a flash. 

Costs: 30 Stamina

Wow, that was a big update, and it seems that his system was so approved of by the system that it became a gamewide update that some characters can use skills and spells in battle, a now turning point in history. Ryouv was unsure if he should remain anonymous as this was such a big event, but he didn't want to be know for his systems yet, he wanted to be known by his weapons so he still stubbornly decided to stay the anonymous Crafter MW. 

He didn't know how that would affect his future but he would come to it when he came to it. 

 

3