Chapter 11 What did I do to deserve this
3.4k 64 82
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

1st January 2044

Beno's POV

Where can I go... I have no home now...

Mom died from overworking... I can't pay the tax for the house alone... I can't find a job with this face... What am I going to do now...

Why can't I just die and join them...

I tried killing myself several times. But I can't.... the gods will not let me die...

Last March I tried jumping off from a tall building, but somehow there's a fruit stall there that perfectly caught me falling down...

Last April I tried cutting my wrist so I can bleed to death... but a "nice" passerby called the hospital and I got saved.

Last May I tried drowning myself in the river... but there's a swimmer there that saw me and saved me out...

Then I tried a lot of ways... running in front of a car, banging myself into the wall, strangling myself... but the gods just won't let me die... I want to die...

9th May 2044

I'm sorry mom... I cant buy a present to celebrate Mother's day with you this year...

I tried working, but in the end, the only thing I can buy for you is this caramel cookie that you like...

Please accept this as your useless son's apologies...

I'm sorry mom, you had to die for this useless son... If only at that time I could work harder, you wouldn't even need to work and would still be alive right now... 

I'm sorry mom...

21st May 2044

Marco... I helped move a lot of stuff to buy this for you...

It's your favourite hoodie from the musician you like the most...

How is your life in another world buddy... I hope it's great... make sure to leave someplace to adventure for me... I can't wait to explore together with you again in another world...

4th July 2044

Happy birthday Luca... It's really a coincidence that your birthday is the same as American Independence Day...

I bought the movie with the same name for you... you always say you want to watch the movie with the same birthday as you... 

I'm tired... I've been working for 18 hours a day.... But I got what you like!

Let's watch this sometime later ok?

31st August 2044

Adeline... I'm sorry that I always call you by your nickname... But your nickname is really cute... If I were a girl, being called Ady is fine too...

I bought the plushie that you always wanted... Your dad won't buy it for you because he thought that wasting money on toys is useless... But I don't think so... plushies are cute and soft... they are also nice to cuddle... I'll definitely get you a lot of plushies if I go to the other world... 

9th September 2044

I'm sorry Kevin... I cant buy a birthday present for you this year.... I got fired from my job... they said hiring a robot would save them more money than hiring me... It sucks to have a useless friend like me right... I can't even do anything correct...

Say Kevin... what should I buy for Peter... His birthday is next Monday... but I don't have the money to buy anything...

6th October 2044

Mom... Dad... thanks for giving birth to me.... I'm thankful that you gave birth to me... I was able to enjoy such as nice family life for 18 years... I met so many friends...

Dad... please come back... I miss you...

...

I'm tired...


" YOU BASTARD" 

??? What is that sound...

I opened my eyes and I see a white-robed man being angry at me...

" BECAUSE OF YOU I GOT DEMOTED!"

Huh... I'm sorry... I'm sorry I'm too useless...

" YEAH YOU'RE SO USELESS THAT YOU DRAG ME DOWN"

Im sorry...

" YOU KNOW WHAT ILL GIVE YOU YOUR WISH... YOU WANT TO BE REINCARNATED RIGHT????"

Huh how did this guy know... 

" ILL LET YOU REINCARNATE... AND LET YOU SUFFER MORE!"

" ILL LET YOU SUFFER SO MUCH YOU WOULD HOPE YOU WILL DIE AGAIN!"

...

What did I do...

Before I noticed, I was blinded by a white light...

2th Tekulach of Ausiriel Year 1235

When the white light disappears, I found myself in a city... in a city full of humans...

" Where am I..." a young girly voice came out of my mouth... but it sounds weak... 

I hear a lot of people looking at me, and a lot of them are looking at me with pure disgust...

I was a bit scared... I don't know where am I... I know even know what am I...

"It's a demon! Kill it!" I heard someone said this... I am afraid... Are they going to kill me? Am I doing to die as soon as I reincarnated?

No... I don't want to die... 

I tried standing up... but I can't... as soon as I stand up I realize that my one of my leg is gone... Why didn't I even notice my leg is gone...

" Trying to run away huh, you demon!" " We will make you pay back for what you did!" " Don't let it escape!"

I hear the people yelling... I was scared... very scared... then suddenly I saw them throwing something... are those stones? The humans are throwing stones at me... a lot of stones...

Shouldn't I feel pain? Doesn't getting stones thrown at you should have made you feel pain? What is going on...

" Catch that demon!" I heard a loud sound coming from far away. With that, the humans stop throwing stones at me... Am I saved?

Suddenly I was lifted up by two knights... they are knights, right? Both of them wear heavy metal armor that seems to be like steel? I am not familiar with metallurgy... I don't know what are these... The one shouting early went close to me then he start inspecting me... what is he going to do....

" Dragonkin... Seems to be of water or ice attributed... doesn't matter... You will be a nice addition..." The man said... addition... if this is a typical fantasy novel... am I going to get raped... I guess it's better than getting killed... at least I'm alive...

" Bring her to the dungeon! Do not in any way kill her! I want her life intact. She is more useful alive than dead after all." the man said which then the two knights start taking me somewhere. 

While they are bringing me to the "dungeon" I start to see what is going on in my surroundings...

The town is full of buildings made out of stone and wood. If I compare it back to earth I believe it will be the renaissance... on the far-away wall, I also found what seems to be like a cannon... The men mostly wear tunics along with buttoned jerkins while the woman wears a lace bodice on top of a shift along with skirts... Definitely renaissance... 

After a good 10 minutes... I think... I think my internal clock is messed up after a lot of sleepless nights and overworking. They brought me near a castle. It is a nice stone castle that looks like the Peles Castle... on top of the walls there's a lot of guards... they are armed with either crossbows or musket... Does this world have magic? Or is it that magic is only for those who studied for a long time...

After they brought me into the castle, I was then brought down into a dungeon, it is quite deep, I'm guessing its at least 5 stories deep... 

It was then I realized... the man just now said I'm a dragonkin, shouldn't I have strong strength or something... couldn't I even try to fly away from this place? Maybe I could use dragon breath? just whatever I can use to escape from here... 

I first tried the dragon breath... nothing comes out... my throat feels very sore and dry... I then tried flying, I can feel my wings moving but it's definitely not fast enough to fly or even move... I tried to struggle against the two knights, but they are much more stronger than me... I feel like a 5-year-old kid trying to fight against a bodybuilder that trained for 30 years... I'm totally useless... just like back on Earth...

When we reached the lowest chambers, they chained me up to a wall with my hands and leg spread out... my wings and tail are also chained up. After chaining me up, the two guards then left the room and stand outside. At least I feel that they are standing outside as I didn't hear any footsteps after the door closed. Heavy armor like that should be very noisy.

I don't know how long has passed, but I can feel one thing... my missing leg is growing back... though not the entire leg, I can be sure that it has regenerated until the ankle... I have a bad feeling for this... a dragon that regenerates fast... in a fantasy world, dragons are hunted for a lot of things, their horns, their wing membrane, their claws, and the most common one... their scales... is that why the man earlier said that I am more useful alive than dead? He is going to be continuously taking away my scales right...

After what I think a day has passed, my leg is completely regenerated... but no one has come in ever since... 

" Sir the dragonkin is inside this jail. Please rest assured we have made sure that we have weakened it until it can't even move!" damn my mouth.... or my brain in this case... they have come back... the door opened and I can see 4 men coming in. One of them is the man which I assume is a guard captain. The other three looks like a priest, a blacksmith, and the last one is probably the lord of this place.

" Oh look your leg is regenerated... good! This proves that the bible is once again correct!" The guard captain said.

" I must say that this would prove to be very valuable. The stew I ate yesterday made me feel like I am 10 years younger and even stronger!" the lord also replied. He what? He ate my leg??? 

" If this thing can regenerate this fast, I could craft some pretty good armor using its scales! Those armored turtles cant even come close to a dragon's scales!" the blacksmith said. As expected... Dragon scales are very useful...

" Truly this is the will of the god that it wants us to use these wretched filths to fight against them." said the pope.

This is going to be a long nightmare... what did I do wrong god... Did I accidentally did something wrong that i had to suffer like this... 

Luca... Peter... Kevin... Adeline... Marco... if this is the world you are in...

...

...

...

Please be alive... Don't let these bastards capture you...

aaaaaaaaaaaa, I'm crying.... Why am I doing this aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

And with this... our journey on Earth ends... I think? ;3

82