Chapter 33 Da pew pew
1.9k 27 51
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

1st Welkalach of Meruriel 1236

Beno's POV

Food, check. I have around 3 tons of human meat here, with around 120kg of cooked meat.

Fuel, check. There are around 1000m of 10-inch logs in my warehouse, along with "I don't want to count" amount of twigs. Maybe I should use half of them to cook more meat.

Hay, I don't know what to do with them, I only got like 5 hay bales then gave up... 

Bricks, tons, I don't even know how many I have.

Metals, tons, don't even ask me how many of those I have, I am too lazy to count, maybe the moment I could store all of them I would, until then nope.

Gold, less than 100kg... I'm poor, I need to get more gold soon.

But that isn't the most important part! I saw something in the recipe list and I'm interested. It says that it is a gunblade. I'm interested in that. I am not sure how I would be able to make it, but I am very interested. I should think what kind of gunblade I should use though. From what I can see through the recipe list, though the 4 types of gunblade have the same icon in the list, it uses different types of bullets.

The first gunblade uses iron bullets, the bullets look just like spherical little balls. The amount of gunpowder needed for the bullets is quite low. But they don't look that deadly... at least compared to the other three.

The second one is written there as 5.56 ammo. It requires steel, lead, and also quite a lot of gunpowder. The third one is similar to the 5.56 in terms of shape but it seems this one is bigger? It is written there as 7.62. I remember this two ammo are used a lot back on Earth but I don't remember much. This one mostly uses steel and gunpowder and uses the highest gunpowder compare to lead and 5.56.

What is unique here is the last ammo type. It's written there as mana bullet. It requires mana-infused steel. It looks almost similar to the 5..6 except the color of it is blue. I wonder why isn't there a mana version of the 7.62 bullets. 

I wanted to get the mana bullet but the problem here is... I don't have this mana-infused steel. So my only choice is the 5.56 and 7.62. I have a lot of niter, sulfur, and coal so I should be able to create quite a lot of gunpowder... let's see... the ratio to create gunpowder is 2 niter, 1 sulfur, and 1 coal. I have around 75 kg of niter, 10 kg of sulfur, and 100kg of coal... let's just use all of the sulfur and make 20kg of gunpowder. Next would be the bullets, if I used up all of my gunpowder I can get around 2.6k of 5.56 or 2.2k of 7.62... even if its counted in magazines, it's still a lot... guess I really looted a lot of stuff huh... but each magazine would use some iron so it is best that I don't directly use all of them. Let's just make 50 of 5.56 and 25 of 7.62 magazines. 

Now for the gunblade itself. I used stainless steel for the blade part, and various metals for the gun part. I don't really understand which part uses what... I just follow the recipe there and provide the materials, then let it craft for me. Don't ask me how is this made. Ask Peter... he would know these... I think... I'm not really sure if he really knows these. Oh, I didn't just make 1 gunblade, but two gunblade. Double wielding these guns would be quite cool! Though my claws are stronger, I cant actually attack from afar, and this blade has a longer reach, making it better than my claws. Though if I feel like it, I would still use them. 

After around 5 hours of crafting, 3 hours used to craft the gun, and the rest 2 hours for the ammo, I quickly took out the 2 gunblades from my inventory... and damn that is cool, holding two gunblades... but I don't really know its damage. Looking at the hay bale that I took from the humans, I had an idea. I used some hay and rope to bind them together and stuck them onto a stick, making a pseudo dummy. After making it, I aim my gunblade that is loaded with 5.56 ammo and shoot at it. The entire hay block went off in a very satisfying poof. To further test this, I made the same dummy, and this time, I place one of the armor that I looted from the humans from it. The iron armor looks thick so it is time to test the penetrating power of these bullets and guns. After preparing the armored dummy and loaded my gun, I aimed my gun towards the center of the armor and *bang*... phew, the 5.56 ammo successfully penetrates through the front part of the armor, but it isn't enough to pass through behind it. Is it because of the hay as a buffer? Doesn't matter, even just the front is enough to kill the humans already. OK, next ammo, the 7.62. I slowly aimed the gun towards the dummy and *bang* this time, I can clearly see that it penetrated through both sides... and through the wall... I better bring another brick to fix it. 

After testing the two guns, I decided to call the 5.56 as normal ammo and 7.62 as AP ammo since it penetrates through the iron armor that the humans had. With this, it would be easy to fight against the humans. I should train my aiming for a while before heading to human cities. Let's make some training targets outside of the hideout. It is best if I train to shoot targets while flying.


5th Sukurach of Meruriel 1236

*bang* *bang* 

Somehow shooting while flying is easy for me, though the aim can't be said to be as good as while I'm on the ground, it is still good nevertheless. I'm also training myself to be able to reload while in the air, well it requires a bit of my inventory but ok. When one of the magazines is empty, I put the other gun into the inventory, immediately grab a magazine out, reload it and bring back the other gun. The empty magazine is still pretty useful cause I don't want to waste iron for more magazines.

Now that I am ready... I should do a very important thing. I need armor. Armor that fits my wings and tails... and doesn't affect flight. Materials for the armor... what's a better material for armor, than my own scales. Over time some of my damaged scales will be replaced by new scales, so with this, even me myself got quite a stock of my own scales... without the painful descaling process of course. Since I have these, the armor should be easy. The problem here is, to make a good enough armor, I need leather, and to get leather I need to raid a human tannery... if I know how does a tannery looks like... There are no animals on this continent, yet the humans are still able to create leather armor. So I assume that somehow someway, they are able to obtain leather from other sources. Maybe fish.

In the end, to get the leather needed, I broke down some of the human armors that I got, there would be some straps of leather on it so I took it and used it to make my armor.

Now that my armor is done, I double-checked the amount of magazines I have left. I currently have 34 normal magazines and all 25 AP magazines. Why in the world should I even use the AP magazines for training after all. I crafted back 16 normal magazines to bring the amount back to 50. Next, I sorted out my inventory. I have been taking out and putting back items in order to craft these stuff after all. The unusable armor back to the armor area, the extra gunpowder, metals, and stuff into the metal storage room. Should I continue to call this room the metal room? I don't think niter and gunpowders are metal... Whatever. Next, I put all of the meat I have on myself into the storage, except for 500g of cooked meat. I will eat it as I fly towards the human forts. I don't need to bring much since I will get a lot of meat from there after all. No need to waste space for these. I wonder if I could use magic... I would really want to use them... though according to Kent, the mana concentration in this continent is too low for spells to be cast so I guess even if I know how to use spells, I won't be able to use them here. 

After messing around with the random stuff, it's already noon, at least I think it's noon. The sun is still on top of me after all.

Well then, today's goal, wreak havoc in one of the human's fort! I want to try to take on the fort on my own, and try to make sure that I will kill everyone in the fort. After all, if someone escaped, they would tell the others about my existence, which is something I don't want.

Oh, you ask why am I attacking this human fort huh? Reason : NONE

It's me again, sorry for the extremely late chapters. I was too absorbed in watching the ESL Starcraft 2 championship. 

Don't worry, I haven't drop this, and unless I'm dead, I will never drop this novel

51