Chapter 49 First Blood
2k 18 50
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

2nd Maelach of Juriel Year 1237

May's POV

" It is now the third day Bell is unconscious... how long does this really take..." I asked the others.

" As I said, we don't know! Only that god knows how long it will take! Not to mention it would take at least a week to months! Now stop asking stuff and help me peel off this pest from Bell!!!" Lucy said while yelling at me. The "pest" that Lucy mentioned, is Christine. She has been using Bell's tail as a hug pillow almost every day... I don't know if we have to continue this until Bell wakes up, but ever since we got her back, Christine has been using her tail as a hug pillow ever since... if it were me I would hug Petry instead... she is just the size of a hug pillow~

" Stop looking at me with such eyes. I will not be anyone's pillow. N O O N E." Petrasha told me while preparing lunch. Somehow Lucy is able to access Bell's inventory... and after realizing what she has inside, made Lucy vomit directly... according to Lucy, she has almost doubled her body weight amount of her own flesh... not to mention there is almost a ton of human meat within her inventory. Even thinking about it makes me nauseous... is this because that she lost part of her memories back on Earth that cause her to did this, or is it because of the torture the humans did on her... I would never know, and would not want to know...

"That's why leave Bell alone! You cant take advantage of someone who is unconscious!" Lucy yelled while she is still trying to separate Christine from Bell's tail. You shouldn't do it too hard you know, if Bell is just sleeping normally, she would wake up already with you pulling Christine like that.

" Speaking of which, how long until we reach where the Kent guy is at," I asked Petry. Damn, what is she cooking right now... it smells good.

" Shouldn't take longer than an hour. It really is hard trying to get where the guy is without alerting the humans. The nagas here sure is adventurous, setting up a town so close to the humans," Petry said while continue to cook breakfast. I really want to know what is it. It smells good.

" How are you going to even know if that Kent is the one that Belgrynd knows, Kent is quite the common name you know?" Amy said while walking towards Petry to see what she is cooking. 

" Oh, grilled fish huh, are those garlic that you are using? So they do have Earth crops huh, thank god Bell had those, I wonder what other crops they have. I'm missing some good strawberries... it's not like the alrberry isn't tasty, but it just tastes different from strawberries." Amy said. Oh so Petry is cooking fish huh, I'm even more hungry now know that it's fish.

" Oh you all are here huh, good, Jasai told me that some humans are sighted near the naga settlement that Kent is at now. What do we do Petry." Flux said while walking in.  

" Humans huh, are they armed? I don't want to sink a ship this close to a friendly naga settlement. They would have a hard time clearing the debris." Wow, Petry, you don't mind killing a bunch of humans but are scared to create a mess in other people's place? 

" Don't look at me like that May, now it should be obvious that the humans don't treat us non-human races kindly. Look at what they did to Bell. I say they all deserve to die. They might look human but their actions clearly are inhumane. Even back on Earth animals are protected, while here they don't even care about other humans. I remember that Bell said that there were slave armies in human cities too. So why even bother about them? Also if you are not going to help Lucy get Christine off Bell, go call Frux, Neo, and Jasai in to eat. Food is ready." Petry said while she starts plating the food. 

" Fine, give me a bit more ok?" I said as I went out to the deck.

On the deck, Frux is chatting with Neo. I don't know what they are talking about but all I know is that it's about Astrea. It's kinda weird that the god has the same name as the planet. Or was it that the planet uses the name of the god? If it's like this, is the name of the God back on Earth should be called Earth too? Or should it be Terra, if I didn't remember wrong, history did record that some old geezers called Earth Terra? Then again, who is there to confirm it~ It is not like the god back on Earth bothered to tell people his name or stuff.

" Oi you two, time to eat, call Jasai too," I told them and then directly head back, not wasting a single second there. I can feel that Neo is not happy with the sudden intrusion but it isn't like I care right? Well, that isn't important, what important is the fish that Petry cooked!

After a very enjoyable lunch~ it is decided that we would directly just go ahead, board the ship and just knock everyone on board out. Lucy says that it will act as combat training for me and Amy... which I don't think we would really need it... Lucy told Neo and Jasai to inform the locals there about our fight and to make sure no civilians come nearby. Though I don't think there will be anyone near the sea surface...

Anyways... it seems me and Amy will be forced to fight now... Amy brought her katana that Petry made for her, while I have my dual shortswords. At first, I thought that Petry would be driving slowly so we could board the ship, but no, she just directly ram her yacht into the humans.... galley? I don't know. I didn't sign up for naval history classes. The ramming caused us to be directly within the ship... great...

" Alright, let those two fight and only support them when it's getting dangerous! Petry and Christine will be making sure that you two won't get hurt. I will be monitoring the outside to make sure nobody leaves this area." Lucy said as she spread out her bat-like wings and flew out from the hole that Petry made...

"Let's do this... These guys are unforgivable for what they did to Bell..." I heard Amy murmuring silently... damn I hate my ears... even Amy has prepared herself to killed humans... originally she was the one who hated this the most...

" Eᛚᛖᛗᛖᚾᛏᛋ ᚹᛁᛏᚺᛁᚾ ᛏᚺᛖ ᚨᛁᚱ, ᚷᚨᛏᚺᛖᚱ ᛏᛟᚷᛖᛏᚺᛖᚱ ᚨᚾᛞ ᚠᛟᚱᛗ ᚨ ᛋᚺᛁᛖᛚᛞ ᛏᛟ ᛈᚱᛟᛏᛖᚲᛏ ᛗᛃ ᚠᚱᛁᛖᚾᛞᛋ ᚠᚱᛟᛗ ᚨᚾᛃ ᚱᚨᚾᚷᛖᛞ ᛞᚨᛗᚨᚷᛖ! Projectile Barrier." I heard Christine chanting and then I saw me and Amy being shielded from head to toe by the spell. I look towards Christine and she gave me a thumbs up.... damn you.

The humans are now gathering towards where we are. I can feel that there are at least 30 of them still coming down, with around 10 of them in front of us two. I took a deep breath and asked Amy " Are you ready Amy?" which she replied with a nod and start sprinting towards the humans, slashing them apart. Damn it... wait for me!

" I don't want to kill you but I had to! If not I'm the one to die!" I yelled as I stabbed my swords into the humans in front of me. After that, I pulled out my swords and the guy just slumped onto the ground, dead. Somehow... killing them does not make me feel guilty? Shouldn't I feel guilty that I killed someone? Is this normal?

" Oi, if you keep spacing out, Amy will just kill them all~" I heard Christine saying that from my back. Damn it come help already! Stop just standing there and say things like that!


Christine's POV

" So what do you think of those two," I said while asking Petrasha about May and Amy's performance. So far, Amy has been doing fine. I can see her hesitation about killing humans gone after hearing what happened to Belgrynd, but May is still hesitating. 

" So far, what I'm concerned about is Amy," huh?? I thought Amy is doing fine?

" I thought it would be May? Since she is hesitating right now." I asked Petrasha which she shakes her head.

" It means that she still has her human mindset. That is normal, but for Amy, it feels like she is just letting out her anger. After all of this passes, I am scared that she will breakdown after killing so many people. This is the first time she will be taking a non-monster or animal foe after all. Even for me, the first time I killed someone, it made me go through a mental breakdown after all. I am sure Lucy would be the same. It is because we know how this world works, and that we have killed so many that we could do this as if it's normal. Which come to think of it, why aren't you shocked about killing humans?" Petrasha asks me. Hrmmm why you ask.

" You see, I already killed people back on Earth. Though they said it was self-defense, it is still hard to accept that I killed someone. So it bothered me less than I thought it would be. If possible I still don't want to kill, but knowing what they did before, I already steeled my heart to prepare to kill them. Plus this is another world if according to isekai troupes, you will need to kill bandits and thugs, I have already prepared myself for it even." I said giddily. I know things are different between fantasy and reality, but sometimes, if you worry too much, your life gets messed up badly. So sometimes it's better if you don't care and just do what you want.

" Say, can I join them? I've been itching to test my skills." I said as I branded my own cleaver. Yes, I'm using a cleaver, never seen an elf use a cleaver before? Same here, but now I did, cause that elf is me.

" I'll stay here. Jasai and Neo will be bringing Kent to the ship so I had to stay here. Plus, we don't want them to somehow know that their princess is here and attempt to save them. Even though it's pretty impossible but better safe than sorry." Petrasha said as she continues to observe May and Amy fighting. I wonder how Lucy is doing right now. She is using Belgrynd's gunblade rather than her usual broadsword. Must be fun to go shooting at people while flying in the sky. 

" I'll be going then~ Cya later~," I said as I hopped off the yacht and start running towards where May and Amy are at. 

While rushing, I prepared my cleaver in a horizontal slashing position and directly chopped off one of the guy's head in a flash.

" Yo, can't let you two have all the fun, I will be helping you two~," I said as I continue to sidestep to dodge the human's attacks while proceeding to lob off another human's head.

" You should have done that in the first place!" I heard May yelled, Amy is still staying quiet. It seems what Petrasha said is true huh. Can't be helped, we all are former humans, telling us to kill them is pretty cruel after all. Too bad that if it's back on Earth, there are still people killing each other for petty reasons.

" May, bring Amy back to the yacht, if she continues to fight, I'm scared that she will have a breakdown soon. Bring her back and rest for a while, I will help you two clean this up." I said as I continue to parry their attacks, sidestepping to dodge while also cleaving their heads off. This definitely feels different than in a game, the feeling is quite real, and somehow, quite soothing. Seeing bastards like this die gives me quite a good feeling.

" Oh, and pass me Amy's katana. I wanna play with it for a while." I wonder how my fans will react if they know their idol is killing people as if its fun right here~


Lucy's POV

It seems they are fighting within the ship already, guess it's time to do something I haven't done in a while... I kinda miss how blood tastes already. Being weeks on the sea doesn't help a lot and the fish's blood tasted very bad. As expected, Julakhog tastes the best. Let's hope that human blood could satisfy my thirst. Let's see, there aren't many ranged attackers here huh, I don't see many pistols as the princess had on board. Most of the ranged users are using bows. Guess that means those are the ones I have to take out first. I took Belgrynd's gunblade out of my inventory.

" Damn, this is quite heavy... and to think that Bell uses two of these... as expected for someone who has more strength than me..." I grunted as I hold the gunblade with both of my hands. I aimed towards one of the few pistol users and then *bang*...

" Damn it, I missed! Just how did Bell manage to shoot while even flying!" I grunted again and decided that the gunblade isn't really suitable for me and head down and initiate close combat.

" What are you doing! It is just a freaking flying demi-human! Shoot him down!" I heard who I assume the captain is speaking. I am not a boy! I am a girl! Damn it. 

I made a quick dive and directly kicked that shitty captain who just called me a boy. With a clear sound of something snapping, the captain is dead. Good.

" Are you all going to come at me all at the same time or one by one?" I taunted them, which clearly worked on these simpletons. I let out a wide grin and start chanting my magic.

"Eᛚᛖᛗᛖᚾᛏᛋ ᚹᛁᛏᚺᛁᚾ ᛏᚺᛖ ᚨᛁᚱ, ᚷᚨᛏᚺᛖᚱ ᚨᚾᛞ ᚠᛟᚱᛗ ᛋᛏᛟᚾᛖ ᚲᚢᚠᚠᛋ ᛏᚺᚨᛏ ᚹᛁᛚᛚ ᛁᛗᛗᛟᛒᛁᛚᛖ ᚨᛚᛚ ᛟᚠ ᛗᛃ ᛖᚾᛖᛗᛁᛖᛋ ᚺᛖᚱᛖ 1 Elements within the air, gather and form cuffs that will immobile all of my enemies here!! Stone cuffs!" With that, everyone here is now rendered immobile with their feet planted into the wooden floor, how it works? I don't know and I don't care. But this spell sure took a lot of my mental strength... I guess I should have reduced their numbers first huh. Whatever, what in front of me now is a feast, a feast that I hope I would enjoy.

" Thank you for the meal~" is what the sailors heard before their death.


Jasai's POV

" What do you think of them Neo, got anyone you like?" I asked Neo, the siren that was the instructor for Christine.

" Nah, don't really have one in mind, some of them are too crazy," Neo replied, crazy huh, well in a sense, we are all earthlings so our knowledge might be different from the locals.

" Arent I crazy too?" I asked him.

" Not really, you see, the girl that I taught is the real definition of crazy, she has a really good voice if she could use it properly, yet... my first experience of her voice is so bad, I thought I might die on the spot. The vampire girl who hired me is also crazy for thinking I could help. And damn, I never thought I would be able to serve a friend of the second ranked Dwarven official, that alone is pretty crazy!" Ah that kind of crazy huh. True. If it were me, I wouldn't have imagined being the second in charge of an entire nation. That is pretty cool, but at the same time, looking back on Earth, it would be pretty tiring. 

" Does that mean there is someone  you like back in the group?" I asked Neo the same question.

" If I had to say, it would be Christine of course, but who am I joking, there is no way she could be with me. She is now an idol back on the surface~ I might be her teacher, but according to her friends, she isn't into guys, so I won't even have a chance!" Neo replied. Ah idols cant have relationships huh~

" It seems they brought out the catkin." Neo suddenly said which made me looked back in front of me. I can see two nagas helping a catkin to swim to our side.

" So you are Jasai huh, nice to meet you, pretty good looking huh, are you married yet?" the naga chief said while joking around.

" Nah, I'm taken~ I have a very good wife now and I have no intention of betraying her," I said and the naga chief laughed.

" Haha, I know, we heard your stories even in a frontline like this village here. Now, remember to bring this catkin back safely ok? It's hard trying to heal him despite his wounds when we found him." the naga chief said while handing Kent over.

" Oh, and tell your friends to try to make the ship intact. We could use some extra materials here. Waiting for wood to be sent from other continents takes a long time so it's best if we have whatever we can get our hands on now." the chief told me and we nodded. 

" Since we got this guy, let's go back to the ship, the fight should be over when we went back," Neo said and I nodded as we bring the catkin and swim back to the ship.

Oh, he is awake by the way, just that he has no way to talk underwater as he could only hold the trinket that allows him to breathe in his mouth. Good thing I'm born as a merfolk. 

Ehhehehe.... it's almost more than half a day after the promised time... I'm sorry for the delay.... I think its better that I don't make promises that easily now... I seem to be prone to break it...

50