Chapter 70 Explanation
1.1k 8 33
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement

Remember this is two chapters together! 

If you haven't read chapter 69 Please read that first!

3rd Tekulach of Ausiriel Year 1237

Lucy's POV

" Your friend has woken up and is now explaining about the accident now to the guild members, how are you feeling? Must be tired since you're not used to flying for a long period of time." the old man said to me. Just when would he stop treating me as a child...

" I am fine, I said this a lot of times already, it's only a few hours, I can handle this, plus it is not like I have to fly for a long distance. I am just here and I can even rest a bit if it's too much. So stop worrying about me alright? Anyways, I am going to go out and see. Don't want some morons to cause a scene." I said as I 'stood' up from the bench that I am sitting at and hover out of the guild building.

" Oh, and you're in charge of taking our dinner today, get it from Brad's place please, I already paid it so you just need to go and grab it there. Don't go and lurk somewhere and flirt with random girls alright? If you do that, you know what would happen" I added before going out.

As I head out, a scene is happening and I am not happy about it.

" What do you mean by that, we all thought that it is a mana point and you said that it's your doing and you solve it? How the hell should we believe it!" 

" You have to be punished for doing such dangerous activities near the town!"

Just a lot of complaints from people despite me explaining everything already. People will just be people, can't really blame them.

" If you guys don't trust her, then just let her do the exact same thing, then you would trust her right?" I said towards the group of people that are too hot in their heads and are unable to judge properly. Surprisingly, Bel seems to hear what I said, and immediately released a lot of mana... dummy... not now... 

" Alright alright! We know it already! Please take it back!"

" Mama, I am coming to see you."

" I haven't enjoyed enough in this life."

" Thighs"

That wave of mana really shocked everyone here.... what's with the last one... to be honest, receiving it directly at the front is enough to shock a lot of people... I am rather surprised that those in the house aren't shocked about it.

After just a short 30 seconds of showing her strength, those that are pressured her before are now cowering far away. Too bad there are some that fainted though. Wait why does this feel familiar... oh yeah, the event with Christine before... fridge...

" Anyways, you guys now know that she is capable of doing that and is just using that for her own activities, while that is normal, the guild will still impose a punishment for her as she created such havoc, so don't worry, the guild will also compensate for all of you for your hard work at solving this 'crisis'. So please head back to your own work." I said to them as I wave a hand to tell Bel to come to me. While I did say punishment, I didn't specify what type of punishment it is. While it is good that with this I could help her, but I couldn't help too much as it would ruin the trust of the hunters in the guild. So sorry Bel, I would still have to let you do something.

As we handle the rest of the hunters and combatants that gathered around the guild, I can see that Bel is using skills left-right, and center. She is using heal on those that fainted during the entire fiasco while at the same time using another skill to absorb the mana of those who faced the full brunt of the mana releasing, without letting out a single sound. But I can see her mouth moving a little so it must be very quiet. Sometimes I just wish I followed the gang to understand what the hell is going on. I definitely need an explanation later.

After a few hours of just managing the fainted morons, the lost morons, and the wasted morons, we are finally able to take a breather and call it a day, not to mention it is almost night too. So I just head home. I know the old man has brought the dinner home, well at least I hope so, and the gang has gone home way earlier than me as I heard from them that Bel is hungry. Jeez, it should be me doing the touring, not you other guys... but doesn't matter, work comes first unless you're the old man.

" Thank you for the help, Lucy, sorry that we have to bother you so much while you're not at your optimum condition." one of the other girls of the guild told me. Meh, it doesn't really matter, I would have to do this anyway since the old man is slacking off.

" Yeah, I will be going, handle the rest for me alright?" I said as I head out of the guild to head home. Man today is so full of events... I wonder will there even be more surprises Bel will give me. After all, she has woken up from a one-week coma, has a mysterious symbol at her tail, and is able to release so much mana that it shook the entire town. What is next, becoming a god? Well, judging by the pace of things moving, probably not too far from it.

Surprisingly, dinner went by smoothly as the old man did get it. Though by the time I reach home, he is already gone from the table and doing something somewhere else. Definitely not cleaning the dishes. I finished my meal and just head upstairs, right now, what I need is just some good sleep, today is really tiring. Though it seems that someone isn't going to let me to.


Inside Bel's room

" So anything to explain? If not I want to sleep, I am tired..." I said to Bel while yawning. The others are also in here too. 

" I'm sorry Lucy... I didn't want to rob you away of your leg... but that is the only thing I can do to save you..." Bel said to me as she starts to sob. Well not like I can be mad at you.

" You saved my life Bel, losing a leg is nothing compared to losing your life right? Plus, I have a hunch, that you know how to get my leg back right?" I said to her, earning a surprise from everyone except Bel.

" Sometimes your predicting ability is insane, just why didn't you predict yourself falling into that pothole," Bel said sarcastically as she walks next to me.

" Come on, I don't think you would want to be flying while I start to help with your leg. I do have to tell you that this is a slow process and would take at least a month to regrow your leg. I also have to cast this spell weekly in order to make the regeneration work. While I do so, I will explain t you all what has happened while I was in... coma..." Bel said as she start casting a spell.

" Did she tell you guys yet? Or you all waiting for me?" I asked the others.

" Well, sort of, just a short brief though, so we are just waiting for the whole story," Amy said. That's understandable...

" ᛖᛚᛖᛗᛖᚾᛏᛋ ᛟᚠ ᚾᚨᛏᚢᚱᛖ, ᛈᛚᛖᚨᛋᛖ ᚨᛋᛋᛁᛋᛏ ᛁᚾ ᛏᚺᛖ ᚱᛖᚷᛖᚾᛖᚱᚨᛏᛁᛟᚾ ᛟᚠ ᛏᚺᛖ ᛚᛁᛗᛒ ᛟᚠ ᛏᚺᛁᛋ ᛋᛟᚢᛚ. ᛚᛁᛗᛒ ᚱᛖᚷᛖᚾᛖᚱᚨᛏᛁᛟᚾ," as Bel chanted that magic, I can feel mana coming into me, but it isn't so much that it will cause mana poisoning, but enough to let me notice it. I can also feel a slight tingling feeling in my missing leg. Like... it's trying to grow back...

" Now, remember a few things, avoid damaging your leg further, avoid having too little mana, and lastly, we will have to do this every week until it grows back. If my guesses are right, it will take from one month to six months. Highly depending on how you eat and maintain the mana within yourself." Bel said as she released a relieved sigh.

" Alright... so basically I am glued to you for the next few months huh, alright, sure, thanks for the treatment though... also, I didn't really mind if you cant fix my legs, in the hunter's life, losing a limb or two is pretty normal and if I could just retire if it goes too bad. The old man can find another job for me if it really happens. I am popular here so I know there would be a job here or two yknow." I said to her.

" I know, I just wanted to help, and with this power and knowledge I can, it wouldn't be if I have the power and knowledge but refuse to help my friend right? If it is someone else, I wouldn't even do this. I do this because you are my friend Lucy, nothing else." She said.

" Anyways let..." before Bel is able to finish her sentence, I can feel the entire space sort of warped. Now, this is scaring me...

" Not this again...." but Bel doesn't feel disturbed by it at all.

" Don't worry, it just seems that Astrea wanted to talk with you guys too..." Bel said as the warping feeling finally goes away and we are now in some sort of garden. With a very beautiful... elf-like woman sitting on one of the chairs of the large crystal table.

" I am a dryad dear, at least for now, and you all are invited to come and sit too, though I must say, this would be the first time that I met you all so I will introduce myself first. I am Astrea administrator of this realm, or in your words, God or Goddess." the dryad woman said. How did she know what I am thinking? Oh, god powers probably.

" Correct, now would you all kindly come and sit, your friend is already here so no need to be that formal." the goddess said as I realized that Bel is already sitting next to her, munching on some of the biscuits that is on the table... arent you a bit too casual with the goddess? It seems that the others are also having the same question as I am.

" If you have met her almost on a daily basis, yeah you would be like me. Oh, I replied because she told me what you guys are thinking about. She doesn't know the meaning of privacy to be honest." Bel said. Al... right... then...

" Now the reason I call you here is to first, get to know you all since I believe that we will meet each other quite often in the foreseeable future. Second, I want to explain to you why is Belgrynd in such a state of repetitive comatose. Third, fun. Now sit down and I will start the explanation~" the goddess said in a carefree attitude... what's with the last reason though.

" Alright long story short, the first time when you first met is so that we can fix her soul, as you know her soul is quite broken when being transported here due to another certain god, but don't worry, it is all fixed now~ and the second time after saving you is because that we have something with Belgrynd hence we used the mana transfer as a pretense to get her here~ though originally it should be fast and shouldn't be a one week coma, something happened which made her return delayed~ and that is it!" the Goddess said as she grabs one of the cookies and munch on it. 

" Ah, you earthling sure make the best cookies~ Haven't known another realm to produce a cookie as good as this~ well not like other realms have chocolate like yours do~," the goddess said, wait... earth cookies? So these cookies are from Earth? How did you... goddess power again I guess... whatever...

" Er... Miss Goddess, can you elaborate on the stuff that delayed Bel? It sounds very important..." May said.

" Well, we found the one who caused Belgrynd's soul to shatter and punished him, and since his powers are already stripped, we decided to let Belgrynd see if she wants to do the punishment herself. I must say she did quite a special thing there~ I don't think I ever saw a mortal absorbed a god's knowledge and power like that~ pretty interestingly I must say~" the goddess said. Does that mean that Bel is a god now?

" No not a god yet, she hasn't even passed the bare requirement to become a god~ so she is a demigod for now. Maybe in like ten thousand years, she can get the requirement? Well, that depends on herself~" the goddess said. Wait wait... first, you told us she absorbed the power of a god, now you said she isn't a god yet but a demigod, what is going on?

" First of all, to become a god you must first be... not a mortal! But since she is still a mortal she is not a god yet~ easy right? And for the cat's question, she doesn't need to leave you guys~ in fact, she doesn't even change at all! Well at the exception of having abnormal stats that is, I am sure you guys know that already~ and for the vampire, while she did absorb the power of a god, it's after the god have its power stripped but even so its enough to make the power of Belgrynd grow a lot more which is why she got that demigod status. As that is a status given to those who have achieved the power of God while still being a mortal~ now, wanna try this cookie? It's pretty tasty~ If I didn't remember wrong it's from Brashells~ well don't know the pronunciation of that, but should be similar." the goddess said... do you mean Brussels? Damn...

" Anyways any more questions? Oh, by the way, you don't have to worry about the stuff back there, time here passes by slower than it is down there. So feel free to ask~" the goddess said, munching on another cookie as she took out some drinks... is that popsi and core cola? Is she an Earth nerd... I read some novels that some gods from other realms love the items from Earth...

" No, I do not, it is just convenient that one of my friends is the god of Earth which made me able to get this stuff from him~" stop reading minds, please...

The rest of the informal meeting just passes by normally... well as normal as it is with a goddess on the same table munching cookies with you... we just asked some more questions about Bel's situation and she promised that it will be the last time she goes on a coma unless a meteor hits her head. Which is pretty unlikely. We also asked about our family's back on Earth but she just said that she will ask her Earth friend...

And with that, she snapped a finger like a certain purple guy that is memed pretty bad in the past and we are back to our room.

" How many times did that happen to you Bel," Petrasha asked.

" Pretty sure more than four, just get used to it.  Anyways, I think its best that we go to rest now. Especially for you Lucy, you need more rest for the regeneration." Bel said as the other nodded and left the room, with me and Amy being the last.

" Thank you Bel, without you, I wouldn't even be here," I said to her in which she only gives me a simple thumbs-up as we left the room.

" Pretty wild ride huh Lucy," Amy asked.

" It really is... I just want to get some rest... and maybe cuddle with you too." I said to her.

" Flirt."

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I don't know what to say lmao... a good thing the stuff is being explained to the gang! Just... what would the punishment be though...

I am thinking of opening something like Kofi or Patreon... yknow to gather art funds for this novel... Do you guys think it's worth it?

Anyways remember to follow my Twitter for updates and my vtubing stuff or my discord!!!

And remember, its two chapters in a row!!!

https://twitter.com/belgrynd

https://discord.gg/YxnqZk9zrz

 

 

 

 

33