Chapter 74 Violence or Peace
885 15 31
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

1st Maelach of Secafiel 1237

Petrasha's POV

Damn it. I know that I would have to go to the dragon village sooner or later, but I didn't expect that they would send people out to find what happened...

" I have no idea of what you two are talking about... we do not have any item that would release the amount of mana that you said just now," I said, hoping that they would trust it.

" She's not lying. But she isn't talking about the truth either." the older dragonkin who is standing behind said. Shit... either she has a skill to detect lies, or she is really good at reading people... I am betting on the latter one.

" Oho? You dare try to lie to us? You see, I don't really care about what those old tarts in your little kingdom care. We dragonkin are superior to you all in every way! Who cares if you belong to your puny little council anyways!" the male dragonkin in front of me yelled... this guy is obnoxious but he isn't all wrong. Dragonkin have superior battle power compared to the other race, so if they really decided that they want to cause havoc in any continent, they would really do it...

" Now now, it isn't good to threaten people Honoh. If the elder knows you threaten others, you would be spending a good chunk of your time listening to their lectures~ You don't want it right?" the older one said. Wait... isn't Honoh...

" It won't happen if you don't tell them though right? Iglia sis~" the younger female dragonkin said. I don't like how this is going, cause it sounds like they would be willing to silence all of us just to avoid a freaking lecture? That is insane...

" Which is why quickly give us whatever it is that caused that and we will make sure that we will be swift~," Honoh said.

I. Totally. Don't. Like. How. This. Is. Going.


Belgrynd's POV

When I think I am finally free from the troubles, the classic isekai troupe comes back again... Though to be honest, it kinda fits the race... since dragons are always written as powerful and also prideful. How I wish I could just live on a small peaceful island and do not have to worry about anything~ wait, that makes me sound like a loner! I am not a loner! I just don't want to keep getting attacked, annoyed every single week!

" Which is why quickly give us whatever it is that caused that and we will make sure that we will be swift~," the guy said. Huh? Is he really trying to threaten Petrasha? Judging by the mana they have, he wouldn't even come close to Christine... though mana isn't a good value to determine one's strength.

Doesn't matter! Threatening my friends is unforgivable! Time to give him a taste of his own medicine~

" It will be swift huh, sure I will definitely make sure that it will be swift," I said as I walked out of the wagon facing them. In front of me is three dragonkins. Two at the front and one at the back. Judging by the posture of the one behind, she is probably the oldest one among the three, and it doesn't seem that she wants to battle.

" Who dare interrupt me speak-" before the guy even finished speaking, I already dashed in front of him and is ready to give him an uppercut. I am saying ready because I am not really going to do it, I am just scaring him. After all, the best way to fight against a prideful person is to break his pride, and doing successful feint attacks like this would do the job~ 

As expected, the guy saw me dashing towards him and tried to evade me. He raised his arm in order to guard my attack and tried to jump back to evade it. What he didn't know is that once I am in front of him, I just stop and did nothing~ There was no attack~ He just overreacted~ Not to mention, he is so scared of the attack he even closed his eyes!

It took him over a minute or two to realize that the attack that he anticipated did not come and realized how he just embarrassed himself, which caused him to rage over it~

" You bastard! Who even are you! You dare attack us dragonkins, don't you know that by just lifting a single finger any one of us could easily kill all of you right now! Apologize now for everything that you caused!" the male dragonkin shouted. Well, he clearly seems flustered by his overreaction just now~

" Kill us with what, I don't think you guys could even scratch me for a little bit~" I taunted them.

" Ha, an elf trying to be superior to us dragonkin, dream on!" the younger female dragonkin said as she rush to attack me. Wait... elf? Oh, I still have my horns and wings hidden because I don't want to scare the princess just now. Well, I guess it's even better cause I could give this girl another surprise too! 

I waited until she is close enough to me that I immediately reveal my horns and wings and immediately flew up. Because of this, the target of the dragonkin suddenly disappears which makes her look around where I go. Her balance has been broken due to her suddenly stopping and her being too focused on where I went. I used this opportunity to fly behind her and flapped my wings hard enough to create a gust that caused her to stumble down due to imbalance. This is truly fun~ Killing bastards that deserve death might be fun, but punishing arrogant kids like this is even funnier!

" Sure, dream as much as you want, I never said I am an elf anyways~ where did your arrogance go I wonder," I said as I continue to stay in the air looking down on those two. Even though I might look like I am focused on the two dragonkin that I just played with, I still continue to observe the other one that is staying behind. Even though her friends are getting beaten up like this, it seems like she still doesn't intend on joining or stopping us. Either she plans on joining when she studied my attack patterns more, or she doesn't have the intention to join at all. Otherwise, she would either join or stop us already. If it's the latter then she must be using me to teach these two a lesson of humility huh.

" You bastard... what even are you! I never heard of a dragonkin who could hide their horns or wings!" the guy said.

" Yeah, you must be a fake! Those definitely are not real! You don't even have scales on your limbs!" the girl added.

Either these two are stupid, or their anger just shut down their brain and turned them into idiots... I think it's both. Time to continue then~

" If you two think that I am a fake, how about you two come at once~ It will be clear after I fight both of you right?" I taunted them, which is pretty effective considering they are now almost brain dead.

" Huh, don't come and call us a bully for fighting a two against one!" the girl said as she readied herself to fight.

" I will not hold back just because you're a girl too!" the guy added as he readied himself to fight. Judging by their poses I could say they are quite trained to perform hand-to-hand combat. But somehow it looks so similar to those shown in anime... Petrasha hasn't introduced anime in this world, right?

Seeing those two prepared, I decided... that I will do nothing. I will just stand there and just deflect their attacks if they come.

As those two start to rush to me, trying to give me a punch, I easily dodged it. I mean, if I can't fly, it would be harder, but they're just rushing into me in a straight line like a bull... if I took it straight on it would just mean that I am either stupid like them or brain dead too. Seeing me fly up and lands, they continued their attack on me, the guy continuously giving out punches while the girl giving me kicks. Sadly they aren't that coordinated that I would either dodge both of them at the same time, or I would have time to recover myself after the previous one. To be honest, I am not sure which one is harder to dodge, the humans back at the fort there or these two. Sure the humans have the numerical advantage, but these two should have the speed advantage...

Not to mention, it feels like they aren't that good at aerial combat...

A dragon with wings that isnt good at aerial combat is just... pathetic...

" Stop flying around and fight us fair and square!" the girl said as she started to feel tired... wait... isnt this too fast? It is like only half an hour!

" You are dragonkins... you have wings, it isnt unfair if we both can fly. You guys just choose not to, and you expect me to play with your whims? Dream on." I said as I continue to fly around and dodge their punches. Speaking of which, not only they're bad at aerial combat, I didn't even see them use any magic or their breath either. Fire might not be the main element for me, but at the very least I am able to use cold fire... yet they who are obviously fire dragons, aren't using their fire breath... 

Just how pathetic can they be... First, they aren't good at aerial combat as winged dragons, then they aren't good at their fire breath as fire dragons, then they are bad at magic as well... dragons...

Time to show them how it's done.

This time, I flew slightly higher and prepared some cold fire in my hand. Because this fire is innate to myself, I do not need a chant for it.

" Since you both clearly do not know how to fight as dragons... let me give you a quick class on how to do it..." I said as I dive down and once I am close enough to them, I released my cold fire onto them and flew back up. My two cold fire payloads didn't really do a lot of damage to them, but it's good enough. I didn't want to kill them after all. 

As the male dragonkin is busy putting out the cold fires, I immediately dive back again and carried him in my arm, and change my course to the female dragonkin. He did try to resist but the difference in our stats is too large that he could do nothing. The female dragonkin which is also busy doing the same thing, received a sudden package from me, which is the male dragonkin! 

" Your mail has arrived!" I said as I throw the male dragonkin to the female dragonkin, letting them both crash onto the ground. 

" How do you two feel? Getting trampled down by a boss that clearly surpassed your own level!" I taunted them, or more like, attempting to test whether or not they're from Earth. From what Astrea told me, Earth is not the single planet that has people reincarnated into this world. There have been people from multiple worlds that reincarnated or transmigrated or summoned or yiddy yaddy yadda here.

" Shut up! You are just being unfair!" the female dragonkin said. Pffff... unfair... they're treating this like it's a game.

" Unfair you say huh, unfair huh?" I said as I flew towards them and brought them both to the sky.

" Sure, life isn't fair, and not all of us can be the main protagonist of our own isekai story who go with a harem and says fuck all to the entire world. So give everyone some freaking respect you pampered oversized lizards!" I told them as I throw them down. Fear now overtook all emotions and is showing on both of their faces. Once again, I facepalmed myself.

" Flap your wings, you are dragonkins!" Petrasha yelled to them. Yeah, you are dragonkins, this height shouldn't even hurt you both...

Yet it did... they don't know how to fly in conditions like this... Clearly pampered to hell... or maybe it's cause they're former humans that... they are still not used to flying using wings... like come on, there won't be planes here. Not everyone can fly here you know? With this, they smashed onto the ground... for the girl it's not the face first but well... let's hope it cushioned a bit, for the guy it's definitely a face first.

Do I want to continue? I don't think I want to. Compared to playing which is just a few moments ago, this feels more like bullying. I do not want to bully people even if they are some pampered kids who don't even know how to fly properly despite being a dragon...

I landed next to them, slightly embarrassed and dumbfounded cause... I was also a dragon, and these two... will clearly tarnish the image of dragons, and I kinda bullied two brain-dead people...

" Alright, time out." the older dragonkin finally came and stopped us. I was just waiting for it to happen. You don't know just how awkward things is right now with the two 'corpse' next to me.

Well, technically they are the ones who started the fight... it was originally self-defense you know?

I am kinda thinking of a name change for this novel. Sure the current name fits a bit... but with a lot of thinking, I kinda thought of a new name, its called The Last Farewell. It carries the same meaning as this one and I think fits more, don't you think?

Do you think The Last Farewell is a better name for the novel?
  • Yes
  • No
  • Either works for me
Total voters: 36 · This poll was closed on Jan 24, 2022 08:49 AM.
31