Chapter 88 An interesting proposal
675 22 29
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

2nd Welkalach of Secafiel 1237

Belgrynd's POV

Hmm, I wonder if pizza is invented in this world yet. But then again, I don't really know the actual proportions for the pizza dough. I know bread exists and is the soft type of bread, not the rock-hard bread generally shown in the isekai series, so that might be a good thing to start at.

" Sometimes I just think, if I had your skill of cooking back there, maybe me and my brother don't need to work that hard to earn our daily meal! Ahahahah!" said Frux. Well, if you can get skills in the first place. While almost every race is counted as a foreigner in this world, every race except the humans has already adapted to the magic system in this world, allowing all of them to get skills as they are recognized by Astrea to get the system. As far as I have known, I haven't heard her talking about anything related to humans. Maybe once the bad ones are gone Astrea will be recognizing them as rightful citizens of her world? Who knows.

Hmm? I sense two people rushing towards us from the teleportation circle. Since it's two people together I don't think it would be either Petrasha or Christine since those two are normally alone or in the entire group, so it must have been Amy and Lucy since well... they should go get married already. Since they're both here... I think I should prepare something for them to eat right?

I stood up from my seat and went back to the kitchen and start preparing some food for both of them. For Lucy, I think a more bloody steak would suit her more while for Amy she would prefer a more cooked one. I am not sure if this one can be called a steak, but it looks like one, feels like one, and tastes like one, so I will treat it like one.

" What's the matter, someone coming?" May asked. 

" Yeah, it seems like Amy and Lucy are crashing in so I figured I should prepare something for them to eat. Let's hope they won't rent a room next~" I said jokingly which made May also laugh together.

" No matter what I don't think they would be that brave to do it in your house hahaha! They know how good your hearing is so I am sure that unless they have that kind of interest, they wouldn't want to do it anywhere near you or without sound protection!" Said May, which made the brothers laugh and the princess confused. Ah, an innocent little girl who still doesn't know about the world. Too bad it is not within my job scope to educate you on the world. Well, even if you are previously educated on 'the world' it would probably be only that single continent. Just like some countries back on Earth who like to think that the world is only their country.

" Hey May," I called her, to which she replied with a simple yes.

" Do you have any interest in updating me and them on this world? So far I only know a slimmer of the stuff that Lucy taught me such as names of continents and the currency, but other than that I know nothing. I am sure they also don't really understand anything outside of their continent too." I said to her, which caused her to think.

" Hmm, I am not sure if I am the best person to go to learn this though... while I do know some stuff, I am not as knowledgeable as Petry or Lucy. Heck, even Amy might know more stuff about it than me though. I only know as much as Lucy is able to cram into my mind when I arrive. Then again, I suppose that is a given since Lucy is a guildmaster successor while Petry is a high-ranking royalty? Or does it count as a government worker?" replied May which made me think... or not, too lazy to think something like this.

" Those two are quite busy so I think I will settle with less info, for now, ~ Maybe when I got more money I will buy some books about it in the future~ But most importantly, they're here," I said as the two finally reaches where we are.

" Hello there Amy and Lucy, just in time for lunch~ I cooked you some steaks!" I said as I put their steaks in front of their seats.

" Ah... well, that's not what we came for but... I guess let's take up your offer!" Amy said. Guessed so. Even I wouldn't rush to another people's house just to eat lunch.

" So... clearly you have some business. Why not talk about it now?" I said as I sat down and continue my food. 

" Well, straight to the point then. Bel, May! Let's form our party back again!" Amy said which made Lucy choke... excuse me what? I look at May and she probably has the same expression as me... totally flabbergasted.

" Mind er... explaining a bit?" May asked what I also wanted to ask. Good job there.

*sigh* " Well, in a nutshell, Amy suggested that the six of us form a party together, just like old times to fight stuff... whether it's monsters or..." Lucy ended while looking at the princess. Ah, the monsters that called themselves human...

" No. Rejected. No way I am going to let you all do that." I said firmly, cutting May who was about to speak.

" Wait why? Just for old time's sake!" Amy yelled.

" No is no. Lucy almost lost her life last time we fought them. We are lucky. That it didn't hit somewhere important. This is not a game anymore. One wrong turn and you would lose your life!" I said. 

" But it's alright if others die? Every day there are people dying trying to fight them! Don't you feel that you want to help?" said Amy. Who the hell cares about them! What is the use of all five of us reunited back, if we are just going to die again anyway!

" They are them! We are us! Not to mention that Lucy and Petrasha both have important positions now! What if Petrasha got hurt. Her position would be nullified! And then there's Lucy, she is supposed to be the next guildmaster! If she died, what do you think would happen? Just because you have the inclination that we are doing a little hero's play, that we should just abandon both of their jobs? Christine too. She is doing her best in this world doing what she wants. Are you going to stop her from doing that too?" I said, getting louder with my words. The calm and cheerful atmosphere that was once here is now long gone.

" So what? I am sure that they wanted to do it too! Lucy agreed to it. All of us also know that Christine will want to do it to satisfy her isekai urges too! Petrasha has gone with us before in some hunting before so she would be on board too! You are the only stubborn one here Bel!" Amy said, she has stopped eating a while ago and is now slapping the table.

" There is a damn difference between hunting wild monsters, and killing humans! Just because you have the inclination that you can fight better. Doesnt mean you can god damn defeat them! Unlike monsters who would just straight up charge at you. Humans are more crafty at their approach. Once they set their eyes on you, they would do everything they can in order to get it. You should know it better than me! Don't forget whose fault is it that we ended up separated for so freaking long and who almost died to it!" I said to her angrily.

" That is it. No more talking about this topic anymore. Wash your own dishes after you finished. I am going out." I said as I walked out. Not want to listen to any of these anymore.

Of course, I want to form a party with them like in old times. But times are different now. Before, we are killing dangerous monsters or people through a screen. It isn't real. But this here now. This is real. The feel is real, the sensation is real and the pain is freaking real. Don't god damn talk it like it is some god damn game.

This time after exiting the house, I did not directly go to the teleportation circle. Instead, I start flying up. To a spot that I found before. It is a small platform on the pillar of this volcano. Although I never really have any use for this, it is useful now for this kind of occasion... Nobody will find me here... well maybe Lucy since she can fly.

"It's not that I don't want to go with you guys... but I don't want to lose you guys... we just came back together... can't we just stay here and chill for a while..." for some reason... I just start talking to myself... I don't know why...

Every night back there, I keep having nightmares. Nightmares that you guys are dead forever, that I am the only one who somehow miraculously got this second life. I seriously thought that this life of mine is a punishment for me. To let me feel the pain of losing someone you know, someone you love. But when I sense the magic of you guys, you don't know how much it meant for me. It is like a beacon of hope, that pushes me forward. I seriously thought that I can finally be with you guys again. At least for a few years.

" And the pain that those damn monsters gave me, even until now I still remembered them..." I mumbled as I instinctively hugged my own tail. The new hexagram added on there glowing slowly but doesn't really help to calm me down. Instead, it only brings me more bad memories. 

They told me this is because of that one god... but why... even though he is already killed, why do I not feel happier...

Is it because of the humans... is it because they hurt Lucy...

" You guys haven't fought many humans, you don't know how they operate... and that weapon of those. Not even I can handle them... I cannot always just be there to take the bullet for you guys... even cats can run out of their nine lives, let alone us..."

I know that you guys won't be here forever. Disregarding the evolution stuff. All of us have different lifespans. I know sooner or later, I will have to say farewell again. No matter what.

Is it wrong that I want to treasure whatever time we have now? Living together, laughing happily at the dinner table. Listening to the songs that Christine brought over and watching her sometimes cringe...

But I guess it is in a way the isekai typical troupe to have these kinds of things...

But compared to the typical isekai, there is something different. They, are weak. I, am strong. 

With my skills, I can easily find those humans and eliminate them...

Yeah, that is right, rather than waiting for them to grow, I should just go and eliminate them by the root!

I know...

It is those damn monsters that called themselves human's fault... If they don't exist all of these problems would not be here...

Yeah... if they are gone, then we could do everything we want. I don't have to worry about them hurting them.

If it is for a peaceful time for all of us, I am willing to do this. I killed a lot, so why not just add a dozen more.

Killing mode on?

Sorry for a er 10 day slowdown, was busy recently for my finals and job interview~ But everything should be back to normal now!!!

29