Chapter 90 New trainee and companion
752 13 29
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

3rd Tekulach of Olukiel 1237

Lucy's POV

" Dang it! Switch! Lucy, you support while Petry and May charge in! Flux, Frux, continue to distract with arrows!" Amy yelled out to us.

A month has passed since Amy's challenge to Bel. And now we are once again challenging her. At first, it is only us five against Bel, but the brothers wanted to join in and the princess wanted to help. Well, except that the princess is still too weak to fight head-on.

" Too straightforward," Bel said before she quickly substitutes one of the wooden spears in her hands with a longsword and blocked May's attacks. 

While the rules are in our favor for us, Bel's ability isn't something to belittle. The rules that we set are that all of us are able to use any weapon we wanted while Bel can only use wooden training weapons.

" Just how many types of weapons does she have on her! That is cheating right?" May yelled out. 

And so far, while she has switched a lot of weapons, she never repeats it. We have seen a wide range of weapons, from normal western swords to Japanese katanas, to middle east scimitars. Not to mention that she would also use throwable weapons like daggers, shurikens, and more. Sometimes she even uses bows to hit Flux and Frux too.

" Flooding technique won't work against me. Flux and Frux should have known that and told you guys too." Bel said coldly as she suddenly throw two small kunai towards Flux and Frux, which both hit the targets. Damn, that's two of us down.

" Don't stop! Switch to melee!" Amy yelled as all of us charged toward Bel. Normally Bel would focus on dodging and parrying at first. Only when she thinks that we don't have anything to show, she would start knocking us out one by one. This means it's now or never!

Right now, all of us are charging in. Me with my sword, Amy with her katana, May and Christine with their shortswords, Petry with her war hammer, and the princess with her rapier.


Total annihilation is what can be described in our situation.

" *pants* you should give us some slack you know!" Christine yelled.

" Then you guys won't be able to grow. That is the purpose of you guys challenging me right? To prove that you won't die to those damn monsters." Bel retorted while healing our fatigue and injuries. Speaking of which, I don't know when, but Bel started calling some humans monsters. While she would call the brothers and princess humans, she called any of those from the empire monsters.

" Yeah yeah, whatever. I don't think ten thousand of those guys would even be able to hurt you! Argh, my arm hurts." Christine whined.

" If you can say that how about I have some one-on-one training with you. I will use exactly how those monsters fight and maybe even their own weapons." Bel smiled menacingly while taking one of the anti-mana weapons out. It is not a surprise anymore that Bel learned a way to handle these weapons. Though she doesn't really share how does she do that, saying that it is a way only she can do it.

" HIIIEEEEEEEEEEEE NO THANK YOU I WILL WORK HARD," Christine screamed while scrambling to be as far as that weapon as possible. Well not just her, all of us kinda slowly stepped back the moment she took that sword. Everyone except May who she is treating at that time. I can clearly see her face getting paler.

But still, it is kinda... depressing that we haven't made any progress in this. Let alone defeating Bel, we can't even land a hit... should I...

" After you finish your own job. After that feel free to come and train with me." Bel suddenly said. Wait how...

" You have been staring at me." wait really? I guess so...

" In fact, your training with me would be better. In here only I am the other one who can fly in the group. Since you have your own wings, you should use them to your advantage in not just evading attacks but also attacking. So I can help you train when you have free time. Don't worry, I won't use the AM weapons." Bel said. Well, that made things easier... I nodded to her as a confirmation as she finished patching up May and moved to Amy.

While healing us, Bel will always give us advice on how to improve or do better. Although she would always say that the advice would mostly only be useful against a one-on-one and not suitable for the team or this advice is only her personal experience so it might not be good.

Then it's my turn.

" You sure you want to train with me?" Bel surprisingly asked me. Due to the suddenness of the question, I didn't give a reply before she continued.

" You haven't even recovered. Isnt it better to take it slow? At the very least... wait until you recovered..." Bel said, with a hint of sadness in her voice...

I put one of my hands on her head and started to gently rub her head.

" It is alright. Plus, if I don't train, I would probably get fat! I definitely don't want to be the only fat girl in a group of cute girls you know? Don't worry, I know my limits and if I really can't handle it anymore, I will leave everything to you." I said that as I continue to rub her head. 

' As expected, I should have done it faster'

Hmm? What was that? I heard Bel saying something but faster what? 

" What do you mean by that?" I asked. Her face immediately turned to that of a panic as she quickly healed me and walked away.

As she left, I start going towards Petry, wanting to discuss something... pretty troubling recently.

" Say, Petry." " Yes, sis?" 

" You also received the reports right?" we both are now talking in a very soft voice to not let others hear. Especially Bel.

" Yeah... although I want to thank the guy for doing it. I am worried about the number of bases..." Petry said. 

" But still... almost every hunter that went there always gives the same eerie report. Of how the humans are all pretty much slaughtered with blood painting the walls. And the hearts of the more important looking ones are placed on a pedestal in front of a bloody teleportation magic circle." I said.

" Not to mention, there are always graves in front of the bases for those who died that isn't human..." Petry said. That is alright, but I wonder how did that guy know their names. If they questioned the remaining survivors, there is no way that they wouldn't tell us who rescued them.

" Speaking of which, how many are there in the Estaria Kingdom, so far there have been 12 reports in the Kingdom of Argerios." Petry said. 10 in here? 

" We have at least 40 now. There are almost one or two per day..." I said.

" Well, at the very least the number of casualties on our side is the least. That is all I can say. Though I am very interested to see who is the hero that is doing this though. I am sure Paelisher would definitely give them a medal for helping us." 

" Well, I am sure the elven king would like to do that too," I said as we ended our conversation. 


Belgrynd's POV

Little do they know, that I am the 'hero' you are talking about. But it doesn't matter. If I can do the job without them worrying or hurting them, the better it is. But still, the speed I am doing this is slow. At most I can do is three bases per day and if I ever wanted to finish this, I would take at least 100 days, and that is too damn slow. I guess it's time to find a better way to do it huh...

Let's see, in terms of weapons, I don't think there is a better way than my gunblades, so I guess it's time to improve them huh... right now the gun part is just a normal rifle so it's shooting speed is slower than modern rifles. But modern rifles will require me to use two hands to stabilize them. I saw in western movies that they love to use SMGs for one-hand shooting, if I could find a way to insert a blade on top of it, then it would be perfect as I can leave the handling to my inventory. 

This is kinda a trick that I found while testing stuff. As I store my gun back into my inventory, I can will it to reload it for me as long as I have the required ammunition inside my inventory. Though it will have some delay, that is why I have made two more extra of my original gunblade. So that when I reload the original two, I would have two others to use. Hmm...

I have an idea. Since I am already using the inventory to cheat reloading. Why not use it to swap weapons too. Let's see if there is that weapon there... ah yes.  The Vector SMG. I am definitely not gonna color it desert brown and have 8 of them in my inventory to mimic a certain angel that also uses this SMG. But one thing for sure is that I am definitely going to use this to slaughter those damn monsters. 

As they say, don't bring a sword to a gunfight. Especially when the enemy has more than two guns. Doing the same thing as my gunblade, I am going to replace some of the parts with more durable metals such as tritanium. For bullets, let's see... .45 is good for now. I still have a lot of the lead and gunpowder from before, so I could easily craft some .45 cartridges. With this, it is time that I prepare for tonight.

" We are going off now~ Cya tomorrow Bel!" Christine said cheerfully as she waves me goodbye and left the training ground I made. To be honest, it's just another island next to my house that is created by my permafrost skill.

The rest of the day goes on as normal as I cook dinner, eat with May, the brothers, and the former princess, chat a little bit and then finally sleep.

Well, they sleep. For me, I brought out the teleportation circle that I made myself. The circle is etched on a type of leather. 

Made from my skin. 

It can't be helped. If I wanted it to be portable it has to be infused with mana, even the permanent ones can only be formed after I infuse enough of my mana to make it work. But since we draconians have a high affinity to this, it is just the best material to be used for this kind of stuff. Good thing my regeneration is fast enough to not let them notice. 

I teleported to the other side which is near one of the latest caves that I attacked. I retrieved the other teleportation scroll (just named it that) I immediately took out my map and headed to the other ones. So far 52 monster dens have been destroyed. To be honest, I don't even care which kingdom is the den located in. I just sweep it anti-clockwise. The initial point is Lucy's hometown of course.

Before I took flight, I cast a perception, light, and sound interference spell so that I will not be noticed by anything normal. Making sure everything is ready, I took flight and headed to the nearest one from me. Judging by the distance it should take thirty minutes at most. While being in the sky, I just named my four new guns Vec, Vic, Voc, and Vac. Not very creative but it does the deal. I don't care as I am the only one using it anyways. I also tested the recoil a bit and get used to it while I am in mid-air. 

Ah, the smell of those damn monsters. How many did they capture this time... 13 adults and 18 children. Are all of these monsters freaking lolicons... why is the number of children more than the adults... then again in a kidnapper's perspective, a child is easier to kidnap than an adult I suppose. It is not like they have the mysterious white van with them. 

Now that I am on top of them, it is time I start the game. Taking out my sniper (which is just my rifle except with an elongated barrel, a silencer, and no blade) and start shooting. Of course, I attack them at an angle that made them think that the attack is from all sides. 

" Enemy attack! Everyone, man the to-" too noisy. One by one the monsters got killed by an unknown enemy. There is no sound. Nor there is any indication of where they are attacked. They only know that one second they are alive, and the next second there is a hole in their head.

As the number of monsters outside of the cave start to dwindle, the rest starts to retreat inside. Good, that way I don't have to worry much about them escaping into the wilderness! 

I landed inside the compound and slowly walk to the gate. Stupid people use huge gates like this making them unable to close them fast. but once again, it is good for me. I stored my sniper back into my inventory and got out Vac and Vec. Time for your first battle!

Before they even got the door halfway closed, gunshots were heard by everyone inside the cave. I didn't bother to put a silencer on these. As I shoot, the monsters get killed one by one. Their bodies dropped one by one onto the ground. I continued to do this as I slowly walk inside. 

Inside the cave, the composition of it is still the same. A huge tunnel with some branches leading to the prison or the barracks. As the shots are continuously heard throughout the cave, I can sense some of the monsters decided to run into the teleportation circle. Good, let me wipe that small glimmer of hope out of your puny brain then! 

I stored both Vic and Voc back into my inventory as I brought back out my sniper, this time, loaded with incendiary ammo. Aiming the circle and then boom. The circle is now burning! I can see the monster's face now shocked in horror that they can't escape! How is this possible you ask? Well, it is not my fault that the teleportation circle is just at the end of the tunnel. A normal human vision might not be able to see it, but I am a draconian! Well, the sniper also helped.

" You! It's that blue winged demon back at the fatherland!" one of the guys at the back shouted. Oh? A survivor from that time? I am surprised that you even remembered me though. It is just, with that shout, a lot of the monsters decided to band together to charge toward me. A monster flood huh... so scary......

NOT, I HAVE MODERN WEAPONRY WITH ME!

Within half an hour, most of the monsters are dead. Only the useless gold monsters are left. I went towards them, this time holding my favorite gunblades.

" So, since you five are the last ones, I decided to do a fun thing this time. Especially when one of you still remembers me." I smiled as I walked closer to one of the older ones.

" It is not me! It's him! He is the one who remembered you!" he pointed at a younger man right opposite him.

" Thank you so much! It saves me so much time! How can I thank you~" " Then let me-" " Not interested in any deals sorry~~~," I said as I cleaned my gunblade that is covered with blood. Using his clothes of course.

" Please no... I have fami-" " Yadi yadi yada, of course, everyone has families. Same as those poor people that you captured." I said as I chopped another one who tried to beg for mercy. You guys are killing these innocent villages, so it would be best that you yourself are prepared to be killed!

...

*burns* " For more than fifty times. None of them dared to shit themselves in front of me. Be glad that you don't have to endure the embarrassment of it." I said as I burned one more of the gold monsters.

" Two left, now, let me do this, you two kill each other, and the surviving one gets to leave!" I said to them. Unexpectedly, they immediately tried to kill each other. So much for being comrades in the same place huh. The moment it comes to this, these monsters would start killing each other for a slimmer chance of survival. 

Decided to not waste any more time, I swiftly killed those two in one shot. Now to the fun part!

*sclurp* 

It is supposed to be five, but since one crapped himself, only four left, but good enough. Imma uses the head of those two who killed each other for the last one. There we go. 

I went out and did the last finishing job. Putting the bodies of those four and set a bonfire! 

There, I don't want to know how many more to go.

I definitely don't have the character that loves apple pie... I want her KFC collab skin though...

Remember to join my discord server to get notifications whenever a new chapter is out!!!

https://discord.gg/YxnqZk9zrz

 

29