Chapter 92 Close Call
776 10 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

1st Maelach of Desariel 1237

Belgrynd's POV

After eating with the gang at the diner that Lucy suggested, we all finally went home. Thank god that I appeared with them, if not there would be some fools that would try to hurt the three. The anger they have towards humans has increased in recent months due to us founding all of their bases and all of the atrocities that they made. But, these three are different! At least for now they are different! 

But that is not the point. The main point today is my talk with Petrasha...

That is a close call... or maybe not. Judging Petry's character, she probably found it out already but decided to let me continue doing it.  She probably thinks that it's best to let me do my own stuff rather than stop me, or maybe she thinks that it would be a futile attempt to stop me...

But no matter what, it is a close call. I know I would be found out sooner or later, but it is still too early. Months have passed yet I haven't even finished cleaning a third quarter of the monster den and that is slow. Not to mention that judging by their activities here, it is probable that they would have base on other continents too. The problem here is how to go to those continents. I can probably sneak into the stone continent that Petry mentioned before by coming with her on a mining trip. But the other three would be hard, especially the dead continent.  The demon and dryad continent would be hard to go without a reason... wait...

That guy is still here right? Maybe I could use him as a reason... but let's hold that thought first. I haven't finished clearing this continent so it would be too early to go to the other continents.

Though there is one thing that is troubling me. 

The monster's competency.

I mean, when your forward base in other continents is getting sniped one by one, no matter what they should have reacted to it already and they would choose to either retreat or reinforce some locations, yet they did nothing of the sort as if these forward bases are just disposable bases.

Though that doesn't matter to me. It is just a matter of whether I would get more or less meat.

But still, should I go out today too? Considering what happened today, both going out and not going out are risky in a different sense. If I go out today, the injury might give me a slight disadvantage. While I used magic to reconnect my arm back into place, it doesn't remove the numbness by having your limb removed. But if I don't go out, Lucy might also start to connect the dots since the timing of my injury and also the attacks are at the same time. 

Aaaaaaa

Whatever. It is just an arm, I still have another one that I could use to shoot.


Petrasha's POV

Man, that place sure always sends out good food! Lucy never stops surprising me with her ability to find good places to eat food! I mean, I am a living resident here, yet I don't really know that many places that sell such good food! 

After enjoying such a good meal, I don't really want to break the mood, but due to how things go, I have to. 

" So, what do you want to say, Petry?" Lucy asked. 

Currently, I am alone with Lucy in my room. Definitely nothing perverted.

" Say, what do you think about those that are hunting down the human bases?" I asked her, which made her think.

" I think it's Bel. But there is one thing that doesn't match, which is that she is sleeping whenever all these attacks happened. She has the perfect alibi. Not to mention, if she really is doing that, she has no reason to not tell us right? Sure Amy might be a bit mad at her for doing everything on her own, but it's not like we don't understand the situation. Plus, she did promise to go with us once we proved our strength. so her doing this early is kinda pointless." Lucy replied.

While I want to say makes sense, I can't, because if it were me in Bel's shoes, I would stop them with all my might. I would even use my own authority to forcefully use the army to cull them. So I can't really say I understand what Lucy wants to say...

" It is alright. I am sure Bel wouldn't be this rash. I know she is strong but it's not like she could fight 50 people at once right? Plus, her weapon is more towards mid-range sniping right? Although I know she has her blades, she doesn't really use them unless the enemy is too close. At least when fighting us, she doesn't use it too much." Lucy explained. This is not what I am worried about... but whatever. If even you said it in this way then I think it's alright...

I would definitely check in again with Christine though... its best to have more people's opinions...

While I do want to trust Bel's word, and I actually believed it back then, thinking further a bit it doesn't quite click into my mind. Hence why I am asking Lucy now...

But still... about the anti-mana stuff, I am starting to think that we need to think of a new name for it.

" Say, Lucy, should we really call that thing anti-mana? It kinda... doesn't really do that. Not only it is closer to radiation, but it is also way less similar to something like anti-matter," I said to her.

" Then what do you suggest we call it?" 


Tsk. 

The plan is getting ruined! 

I don't know who, but they keep destroying our frontier bases! And this is very bad! At this rate, we won't be able to fulfill our quota and his majesty would be very angry... The last commander got executed for not being able to fulfill his quota too...

" Say, since we are dying anyway, want to do something?" I asked the vice commander.

" I mean, do we even have a choice?" he replied and I shook my head. It can't be helped...

" Gather the army of the surviving base in the forest area. We are going to launch a full attack on the nearest village. If we were lucky, we could get someone and fulfill our quota. If we don't..." 

" We all die on the battlefield. Well, I would prefer to die on the battlefield than die for not finishing this stupid task." the vice commander continued my sentence.

" It is nice knowing you Schwar. Hope we can meet again in another world." I said to him, raising my fist.

" You too Cain. I will now go send the orders to the remaining 5 bases. I guess we are going to gather at the last one then." Schwar asked and I nodded.

To be honest, I don't want to die. Even though I raised the ranks and got the position of commander at the age of 28, it isn't really through any legitimate means... I mean, I was promoted to vice commander due to the last one raising up cause the commander at that time didn't fulfill his quota, and the same thing happens when I became commander.

" I wonder... if defecting one of the options too? Would they even accept me when we killed so many of them?" I asked myself. Knowing well that I will never receive any answer for that.

Oh boi, should I call Petrasha clever or not? I mean... she kinda guessed it? But also kinda not?

Also what do you think I should call this anti mana? Leave some suggestions behind! (Definitely not braindead to think of one)

23