Chapter 115 Calm Before the Storm
701 0 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

1st Felerach of Jariel 1238

Belgrynd's POV

" May!" I yelled out loud to 'her'. In which she reacted and look here.

" Goodbye." is the last word she probably heard before I placed a bullet between her head. But she didn't fall down like a normal being.

" I got found out huh..." 'May' said as she shed her 'skin' showing beneath is a fel demon... a short one, I think calling this a fel imp is more suitable.

" Everyone! Attack this bitch! She can't take all of us on her own!" with that, several more residents from Lucy's hometown also revealed that they are also demons, luckily not all of them are demons including Lucy's father. With that, a fight breaks out just outside of the dwarven capital, hopefully, they will realize the fuss and come out and support. I don't really want civilians to be dragged into this.

With the call of the imp, all of the demons from the caravan and the main army rushed toward me. I am not sure if the demons are ignorant or what but they are forgetting one important thing.

I can fly. 

Using the ability to fly, I keep flying up and down dodging swings from the enemies while also dishing out a lot of bullets towards them while at the same time incapacitating some using my blades. Though they also have some demons that have wings, they aren't as good at aerial combat as I am. Now that I think of it, vampires can fly too, maybe Lucy can train some of the vampires for aerial combat if we survive this war. After all, aerial superiority is very important in combat. 

Despite that, there is still a problem. There are still too many enemies. I am afraid... I do not prepare enough bullets for like... five thousand enemies... and I do not think that my sword can endure that many enemies too. I am damn sure that my magic wont be effective against them already due to them being mostly fire and I am ice. 

' Lucy... Amy... Christine... May... Petrasha... please come out and support...' I prayed inside my heart while still battling all of the demons. From a corner of my view, I can already see that Lucy's father has gathered whoever is left of the caravan and is rushing towards Heart Forge. The demons are so focused on me that they are letting them get away. Good, go inform the others, I will hold the line... I hope.

" Tsk, you all are useless! No wonder you can't take down a puny little winged lizard!" the imp said as she start casting something. I don't know what she is casting but if she's casting a spell from that system, it will definitely hurt. But as I raise my gun to aim at her. Some tentacles came out of her and grab my gun, instantly destroying it.

" Ha! Got ya! She only has one weapon left swarm her!" the imp said while she continue to bombard me with more spells, spells that does not care whether her allies is in the line of fire or not. If she doesn't care about her allies, I will take care of them. I morphed one of my arms back to my draconic form to allow it to have my claws back. 

And I start slashing.

Half an hour later, it feels like I have been fighting for a week... there is just an endless amount of demons. It seems that these demons are not real living demons... as I can see a few of them again and again. If I had to guess, these are probably summons, I think I saw this spell before... but I don't remember where... which means I have to kill the summoner to end this farce, which is probably that imp. But I can't just get close to it. There are too many damn bodies blocking me from even getting close.

" Hahaha! Get crushed! No matter how strong you are, you will definitely get tired and then torn to shreds by my-" The imp was taunting me, but the taunt stopped suddenly as I cleared the demons, it was clear one thing, the imp is dead, looking around I found the girl that could have done this.

" Yo, finally coming back huh?" it was Christine, and behind her is Lucy's father. Well, it seems they accidentally met each other and he told her to come and support me, and support me she did and she shot the most important enemy here.

" Yeah, had to solve some problems at the other continent. Glad to be back though. Would be even happier if I don't have to fight such a tedious battle before meeting you guys though." I said, which made both of us chuckle. It's great to be back.


" So they actually aren't that many huh, it's mostly just summoners. That explains why sometimes the attack was so hard suddenly just stop. Either the summoner got tired or they ran out of mana." Petrasha said. Currently, we are in a room with all of the high officials in the kingdom. I just want to take a rest... I have been escorting people for a few days straight, then I have been fighting for at least a few hours straight, and now I am being mentally interrogated for I don't want to know hours straight.

" I know you are tired Bel but we really need your expertise now. If the nation wants to survive we have to find a way to defeat them. We already lost too many lives to these fel demons as you said they are." Petrasha said, grabbing my attention by failing to make me focus on the table.

" I said already, get guns, aim at their head, bang, they're dead. Their skull might be stronger than normal, but it still doesn't stop a bullet from piercing it. Magic is useless as they will definitely kill you before you even finish chanting. Going melee is suicidal unless you can hold off at least 30 of those demons. Going alone to them is also suicidal as they will swarm you. Any fight against them must have at least 5 melee combatants and 3 ranged combatants, preferably if one is capable of doing long-range sniping. Am I clear?" I said to them. While some nodded, most are still looking at me with skeptical eyes. I don't understand, we already went through this multiple times, so why are they still doubting me?

" You have to explain the ranged part... for them, ranged is either a bow or the recently developed pistols. The guns I made aren't that widespread yet as we don't have the equipment to mass produce them yet. And we have absolutely no extra sniper rifles except for the one that you gave us before..." Oh great, now I'm the manufacturer of all firearms in this nation... 

No rest for the wicked I suppose.

" Sigh... you know what I meant right Petrasha, Amy? Cause if you do, I will go take a rest for an hour or two before being your firearms factory... Also here is what I have at the moment, so make it count for now..." I said to them before dumping at least 30 SMGs and 10 sniper rifles. While I was leaving I can hear Amy grabbing the weapons and delegating to her troops while Petrasha explained to the rest of the council about the plan and arrangement.

All right time to do some cleanup.


Petrasha's POV

" You think Bel is angry?" Amy asked me after the meeting.

" Nah, judging by her personality after we went here, she probably went out to do something important. Maybe these so-called shapeshifters, she can detect them?" I said, though not fully expecting Bel to be able to do that. But then again, we can reincarnate in this world, so I guess something might be unexpected anyways.

" Is that so... Well I guess that is so like her anyways. Always the type to try to do her best alone." Amy said as she placed her hands to the back of her head. While complaining to me about more of the stuff from the army.

" Yeah, have to agree to that. Though the way she tries to do is now way more aggressive than before though." I said, in which she stopped ranting and look at me.

" I guess our death and separation really left a lot on her huh? I mean, if I got reincarnated and have to endure such torture, I probably had tried to kill myself rather than trying to escape." Amy said.

" Or just get mind broken. I at least cant think of even escaping, to be honest. Like. That is pure torture and I don't think I can endure, nor does any of us." I said which Amy agreed and then let out a huge sigh.

" I just hope that she is more open to us though. It always felt like there is a barrier between her and all of us. Even though she acts like she cares about all of us, she still tries to do things alone if possible. I mean, I get what she wanted to do, but we are her friends! She should trust us more! Standing alone doing all that will definitely stress her out sooner or later!" Amy said, to which I agreed, and let out a huge sigh too.

" If only this world isn't that complicated... I just wonder if, after this, we could enjoy the calm isekai life that we sometimes read." I said.

" Meh, too many bad slife isekais. I rather have some combat than always doing farm life and have no challenge." Amy replied with a chuckle.

" Of course, you would say that you already have your love life sorted out for you, unlike the rest of us. I mean, there are already marriage proposals for me, and it's even twice the headache in this world since creating offspring is no longer dependent on gender!" I grumbled, and Amy only gave out a stressed laugh. 

" You know, Lucy said that once this is all over, she gonna organize for a wedding for the both of us," Amy said. Oh no, Amy, you just did something that you should have never done! 

NEVER SAY MARRIAGE BEFORE GOING INTO A FIGHT!

" You do know that that is a huge red flag right? If this is a normal anime, either you or Lucy is going to die!" I said to her.

" Yeah, I do, but Lucy says she just wants to move forward. Everyone knows about both of our relations already so why not just officialize it? Plus, we have all the advantages we can have here, there isn't anything to worry about~" Amy said nonchalantly. 

" You two are just scared that this will be the end for one or both of you huh? I get that feeling." I said, even though we all have to act brave in front of others, deep inside, death is still the same thing that haunts us all. We already experienced it once, and I definitely don't want to try it again.

" True, but anyways, let's go prepare for the next invasion. Sooner or later we will need to head out. So it is best that we can brainstorm some ideas right?"Amy said and I nodded.

" Traitor! Someone help!" I heard a soldier shout and immediately rushed toward the scene, Amy followed behind with me too.

Reaching the scene of action, we saw something that is quite unbelievable. Bel is there solo-ing at least 30 soldiers together. The soldiers are separated into two groups, one fighting Bel and another one seeming to be hesitant to join the battle. 

" What is going on... why is Bel fighting them. You report!" I ordered one of the soldiers that are hesitant to join the fight.

" Er I don't know much except that your esteemed friend just suddenly started fighting... she even killed some of our people already!" the soldier told me. This is a bit peculiar because Bel would never suddenly kill our own people.

 " Do not interfere, there should be a reason for this. Remember the demon that disguised as one of us? I believe she is trying to clear them out. But to think there are so many that infiltrated already... this is worrisome." I said to the soldiers and they understood. 

 " I will tell Bel to give us a list of the infiltrators and then we will have to go ahead and clean them up. We already saw how strong one can be, so having multiple of them inside is the worst thing ever. I will go call my squad now." Amy said as she left the area.

And within a few minutes, Bel has defeated all of the ones that are fighting her and even killed some. But she didn't kill all of them, just a certain few. I hear her cast a spell and then those who died slowly shed their outer skin just like the demon before, revealing that beneath the skin of our kind, is just another fel demon. This immediately shocked everyone.

" Thanks for the crowd control Petrasha, this is the last one inside here. Total of 52, but only 30 of those that they mimic are still alive, the rest have been killed." Bel told us, shocking the soldiers of the death count. For them, we are already in a very precarious situation, and to hear that it is even worse than they knew made them panic even more.

" Hmm... this is troubling. Petrasha, get everyone ready, they are attacking soon. These are just decoys." Bel said as she grabs her guns and headed out, the surrounding soldiers also followed her out, apparently smitten by her performance perhaps. But still... if this is just a decoy, just how large will be the main army. I quickly went to inform Amy and the others before preparing to head out and fight too.

This is probably the worst battle so far, but let's hope that it will be the last one.

Astrea: Oh no, this is going to be bad...
Astrea: Even though fate this time decided that none of those will die, it seems something bad will happen...
Ars: You better don't try anything bad alright?
Astrea: Nah, I am just going to bless the couple so they can get out safely~~
Ars: I have a bad feeling about this...

Second last of this version~ the new version is already ongoing and he prologue is around half done~ I will post it once I have at least 5 chapters ready!

14