Extra Chapter: WILL
2.9k 5 79
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Extra Chapter:

 

On the top deck of the Queen Mama Chanter, the Flagship of the Big Mom Pirates, I swung my blade in what is the simplest form.

 

10923, 10924, 10925, 10926

 

Back to the basics. Back to what is my foundation. I needed to both clear my head as well as think about what is it about the old man that made him so strong despite being overwhelmed by my abilities.

 

Simply put, it didn’t make sense. For the short time that we fought, I was able to equal him in strength, dominate him in speed, crush him in swordsmanship and master him over in the sheer versatility of my abilities. Switching from one to the other to constantly keep him from adapting. Despite all of this advantages stacked in my favor, I lost.

 

Of course I knew that admirals were no joke but facing off an admiral without an arm and with other heavy injuries? Things just didn’t stack up. Heck, I even went through the trouble of killing Baccarate to defy fate itself and I still managed to lose.

 

Why is it that even without plot armor the underdogs managed to win?

 

Getting agitated I swung my blade stronger and faster, unintentionally sending wind blades out into the sea that cut apart the massive waves of the New World.

 

How did Sabo face off against Fujitora on equal grounds? How did Jimbe defend against Akainu? How did Luffy defeat brother Katakuri? Each of them all so hopelessly outmatched in stats and yet they came out the victor in their own standards.

 

Sabo managed to stall Fujitora enough for them to finish their goal in Dressrosa, Jimbe bought enough time for Luffy to escape Marineford and Luffy managed to defeat and come out the one standing between the two. But how?

 

No matter how many times I replayed the scene I couldn’t come up with a logical explanation. Sabo should have died on Dressrosa, Jimbe should have lost him arm and Luffy should have died against my brother…and yet things didn’t or would not go that way.

 

Oda…

 

Suddenly the answer hit me. It was so simple that I hadn’t even considered it. In truth, it was ridiculous but it made sense. Something equal to the force of fate itself in this world.

 

Will.

 

Not inherited Will or the Will Of D or anything just as blasphemous which serves as plot armor but actual will. The will to do something, the will to want something, the will to accomplish and become something.

 

Thinking back it made sense as will itself is the strongest force balancing out against everything in the world. With the absurd powers granted by Devil Fruits came the counter of haki, which in itself is a manifestation of will; however, there is more to will than just black substance and sensing the impossible.

 

Will itself has led countless Pirates into the grand line as well as countless more on their own journeys, yet in the end it are the ones with the strongest wills that thrive. No matter how many times brother Katakuri knocked down Luffy, his will refused to let him die or fail. His will itself was what kept him up during the fight. The same with Jimbe and Sabo I believe.

 

But on the flipside, there was also the misuse of will, persay. While Luffy and the other Straw Hats as well as most beings in the world wish for something grand and guide their will towards it…there is Mama.

 

Charlotte Linlin has no sense of a grand goal beyond her gluttonous belly. Sure she might want a contract marriage to expand her family, become the Pirate King, and create a Paradise with all races living in harmony underneath her rule…but looking at how she acts, it’s nothing but the tip of the iceberg compared to what her true will is.

 

Her unimaginable strength, endurance, power, and resistance comes from wanting cake, chocolate, pudding, and other desserts. To wanting snacks and food so badly that her will manifests a godly amount of power to back her up on the quest. For example when she is in one of her hunger pangs she is just as tenacious, stubborn, and unforgiving as Luffy is…just taken to a whole new level of strength along with it.

 

Equal in determination but opposite in purpose, Fujitora had another path of will. The will of a true warrior. A will in which the more dire the situation, the stronger and more determined he becomes to stay on his path…even if that means defying life threatening injuries. The will to remain straight, unwavering in the threat of…well, me… has given forth newfound strength to defend it.

 

What what about me? What do want? What is my will? Do I even have one?

 

All my life I’ve only struggled for strength…but for what? Sure, I could protect myself and enjoy the benefits of that of a Princess in Mama’s territory but it never felt complete. Even to this day I wish to leave it all behind and go to the calling sea with nothing to hold me back.

 

But I have things holding me back…my family except Mama. Should I leave, then Pudding will suffer. With a Sweet Commander gone, others (probably Kaido) will take this as an opportunity to attack and the Marines aren’t one to let a chance like this go.

 

Forget it and LeaveOne side of my mind argued.

And forsake your family? The other argued back.

 

 

 

Power. Both sides agreed.

 

 

If things don’t go my way, it’s because the influence and will I put onto the world isn’t enough. Mama is strong so everything goes her way even though she’s a complete idiot.

 

Power. Without ever having to worry about defeat. Enough so that I could do whatever I want without having to worry about the consequences.

 

Power. So that the shackles holding me the Mama can fall off

 

POWER. So that I can enjoy true Freedom at last.

 

And like a dream come true, I felt the change in my core. The fate in which held me (though weakened) for the last decade and a half broke as I embraced the given power.

 

The Luck Luck fruit evolved and I could feel the addiction of power already…like gambling.

 

Power. And at last, the two sides of me were at peace once again.

 

AN: From here on out I am entering the WCI arc. Her powers have grown once more, or specifically her determination for power and freedom. As for her new powers…the only hint I’m dropping is Hardcore Leveling Warrior

Enjoy!

79