SHOWDOWN
2.8k 5 83
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 33

 

AN: I want to say that the Fanfic Katakuri is much much stronger than the Canon Katakuri. Mainly due to the sparring with Syrup and other great opponents throughout the New World unlike his Canon counterpart where he has never encountered an opponent who is as strong as he is. This Katakuri is stronger with an undying will and drive like Luffy’s.

 

Katakuri: … I see. If that is your view then you leave me no choice.

 

A trident slid out of his arm as he grabbed it by the shaft before pointing it at me.

 

Katakuri: As your older siblings, it is our duty to knock some sense into you!

 

Me: You’re going to fight me? Actually? Even though you know I’ll fight back.

 

Cracker: Well, someone has to hold you back.

 

Smoothie: And nobody except for us really stands a chance. Especially with Mama currently in her hunger pangs.

 

Daifuku: We don’t have to fight you know? You could give up here and now and we, as your model older siblings, will forget that this has ever happened.

 

Hearing my brother speak like that, I couldn’t stop myself from laughing. Honestly, why did he even think I chose this exact time for everything?

 

Cracker: Is something funny?

 

Me: *pfft* Is something funny? Why brother dear, this whole situation is just nothing sort of hilarious! Every moment of this day, I had planned out to perfection and the fact that you want me to give it up just because I have one more obstacle? *grinds teeth* Ridiculous.

 

Cracker: I don’t get it.

 

Katakuri: So it was like that. I hoped it not to be the case…but judging from your past actions of how you always seemed to know some things that even our network had no clue about. Tell me then Syrup, how long have you planned this for. How does this master plan of your work?

 

Me: You want me to do a villain monologue where I so stupidly give away everything?

 

Katakuri, Cracker, Smoothie, Daifuku: Yes

 

Me: …

 

Cracker: Well, as for me, uhh, I truly don’t understand the situation so I need someone to explain it for me.

 

Even in this sort o situation, I couldn’t help but crack a smile at my brother’s antics. He was never the bright thinker anyway with his near impenetrable shield always guarding him.

 

It felt like something inside me was edging me to do the villain speech even though I knew it was illogical. You know what? Fuck it.

 

Me: Well then, let me indulge you then, of why today is such a special day with all the right circumstances.

First, the pure amount of chaos caused by the Supernovas and Germa forces would eventually cover up everything and put me in the background in the grand scheme of things. I doubt Big News Morgan will even have the motivation to publish news about me after all of the things that has happened here.

Second, you are…you were supposed to be occupied. Brother Cracker, you were supposed to be recovering from your fight with Luffy. Sis Smoothie, you’re supposed to be going around the islands right now. Brother Daifuku, hound’t you be with your fleet chasing the StrawHat’s ship right now? And finally…how are you even here brother katakuri. I swear you should be fighting or be recovering from your fight with Straw Hat Luffy.

 

Katakuri: What Straw Hat Luffy?

 

Me: …????! Excuse me?!

 

Katakuri: Yes, I was chasing him but once I finally put together your plans, I decided my little sister was worth more than a big-headed rubber rookie.

 

Man, that cut me deep with guilt. Still, I couldn’t afford to be shaken here.

 

Me: Thanks for the love brother, I love you too. Shame though…things would have gone so much easier if you would have just gotten along with your fight with him. Now he might have trouble in Wano…but no matter.

Third, Whitebeard’s crew is coming right now. Did you know?

 

Smoothie: Heard about that. The Fruit-Cake patrol just found their armada approaching from the edge of the territory. We already began mobilizing our own in preparation.

 

Me: Exactly. You should be saving your strength for them. You really want to fight against me when you should be resting for Whitebeard?!

 

The four just looked at each other before turning back to me.

 

Cracker: I’d say it’s worth it.

 

Smoothie: I’m sure I’ll still be able to kick a couple commanders around no matter what shape I’m in.

 

Daifuku: Technically I’m not doing the fighting so it doesn’t really matter.

 

Katakuri: … just come back Syrup.

 

I held down the Sorry that climbed its way up my throat before I continued my villain speech.

 

Me: Finally, Mama’s in a rampage right now. You all know as well as I do that during a hunger pang, Mama will not remember anything once it is over…and by the time, I’ll already be gone.

 

Smoothie: Mama will chase you!

 

Me: No. Mama will reach her own conclusions like always without even listening or accepting our words. Besides, I think I already know what conclusion she’ll reach.

 

I cleared my through before impersonating Mama was best as possible.

 

Me: Mamama….how could Whitebeard come into my territory and steal my little Syrup! Oh, my poor baby! Everything must be his fault…and that damn Strawhat!!

 

They seemed a little stunned at my performance but they knew it in their hearts to be the truth. This shallow thinking would be the conclusion that Mama reaches and acts upon all while ignoring the truth her children are telling her.

 

Me: You can see now, won’t you? Today’s the day I can go free…without consequences. If I vanish today, then Mama will never look for me in the right place nor blame me. The Marines will believe I died between the fight between Mama and Whitebeard. The only ones who know the truth will be you…and nobody will believe you. Not Mama, not any of the other soldiers, and why would the Marines or the Revolutionary Army listen to Pirates anyway?

 

I lifted my right arm before putting it over my heart. Black armament covering my arm as I showed that I was serious…that I had the will, the determination, to go through with my words.

 

Me: So please. Please step aside.

 

POV Katakuri

 

My little sister is one heck of a monster. From an outsider’s perspective who’ve only heard about her through the World Economics Newspaper, she is one of the most notorious pirates out there excluding the Yonko themselves.

Fighting Whitebeard and his entire crew head on while on the Moby Dick…and surviving to tell the tale. Playing a major role in the Paramount War by being the figure to free Ace while removing the arm of Admiral Sakazuki and fighting on even grounds with Aokiji (although with my help at the time).

Not only that but burning down the Floating Golden Casino to the ground, gravely injuring Fujitora while demolishing major parts of Dressrosa…and the list goes on and on. But the thing was, that was only from an outsider’s perspective. As her older brother and fellow commander, I knew she was so much more.

 

A prodigy, a genius. Everything she saw, she learned. Everything she was hit with…she copied. Like an ever dry sponge, she continued to drain everything into herself. Martial Art styles, Devil Fruit utilizations, and many more.

 

Now, it’s even to the point where I’m seriously doubting if she has consumed multiple Devil Fruits.

 

Syrup: I’ve just learned to read the future then mold my body like you do, brother.

 

That was what she said but honestly, I don’t believe it. During our spars, I know when I have her off guard. The times where I don’t hit her with haki? Just goes right through her snow form. Not to mention, she’s already got the space-ripping ability of hers.

 

A Logia

A crazy powerful Paramecia

Some incredible Luck that comes out of nowhere

A master of all trades of Martial and Swordsmanship

Water weakness nullified with her application of Fishman Karate

A Haki user who has advanced both Observation and Armament beyond basic levels and into advanced usage.

A possessor of the Color of the Supreme King.

 

Seriously, this was way too stacked. Even with all four of us going at her at once, this was not going to be an easy fight.

 

Me: I’m sure you already know but the moment we underestimate her, we lose.

 

Cracker: Roger’s beard brother! We already know! You’re not the only one who had their ass wiped across the Chateau during our sparring sessions!

 

I ignored my brother’s less-than-ideal choice of words (for confidence) before I explained the basic fighting method we had.

 

Me: Cracker, you have the hardest shield so you’ll stay in the front with me. You and I are going to try and tank as many hits from her as possible.

 

Cracker: Are you serious??! Have you even seen what she’s done to Dressrosa with one of her punches?!? She’s going to fucking turn me into dough if I block it incorrectly!

 

Smoothie: Then you better block it properly brother.

 

Syrup: You know I’m right here right?

 

Me: Sis dear, please wait until we’ve finished talking before attacking as is proper etiquette.

 

She pouted but obliged as she began playing with her tanto.

 

Me: I’ll try and get her to back off as much as possible while I’m standing with you. Smoothie and Daifuku, you guys stand behind us and try to deal in damage while we’re holding her!

 

Daifuku: Got it!

 

Smoothie: She’s going dodge it all!

 

Me: Then explode the energy instead of shooting it out in a beam! Cracker and I can tank it!

 

Cracker: NO I CAN’T!

 

Me: Be quiet brother! We must.

 

I turned back to my little sister who began picking her nails with the tiny knife.

 

Syrup: All ready now?

 

Me: *sigh* As best as we can, anyway.

 

Syrup: Good. If I’m going to fight for my freedom, I want to fight you all at your best!

 

With that, she disappeared from her position as she teleported directly in front of Cracker.

 

Cracker: BISCUIT SHIELD!

 

As if she was expecting the shield to begin with, she put her palm on the biscuit before gathering something.

 

Syrup: Don Chinjao Style, Hasshoken! Vibration Fist!

 

… *shatter*

 

Cracker’s shield was blown away as he too tumbled backwards. In panic, he began clapping rapidly as a legion of Biscuit Soldiers formed around him,

 

Cracker: Biscuit Biscuit Technique. LEGION SHIELD!

 

Two dozen giant warriors linked their equally massive shields against Syrup and began marching towards her in perfect sync.

 

Cracker: LEGION PHALNX!

 

The second row of the Biscuit Soldiers were formed as they drew a massive (and long) spear in which they put through the tiny spaces between the links of the shields.

 

Cracker: MARCH AND HOLD!! DON’T LET HER THROUGH NO MATTER WHAT!

 

Daifuku: Good job Cracker! *rubs belly*

 

The genie smokes out of his belt before rushing to engage in combat with Syrup. It obviously won’t be able to do much about it but at least it’ll earn us some time.

 

Smoothie let out a sigh of relief before she began to charge herself up for an attack…but I wasn’t so sure. This was Syrup we were talking about after all.

 

Looking into the future…I couldn’t see much. Like always, when fighting with her, the future was clouded and short. Looks like I’ll have to use my abilities only against her.

 

Me: Don’t relax! Prepare for another defense should she break through!

 

Cracker: Break through that?! Without water? Brother, it’s going to take at least an full minute before they’re weake—

 

Syrup: 八衝拳奥義 錐龍錐釘

 

???!!!

 

  • BBBBBOOOOOOMMMMMMMM!!!!!*

 

The biscuits exploded and sawdus…I mean biscuit powder or something flew everywhere, clouding our views. A purple smoke, probably the remains of the genie, dispersed as Daifuku suddenly got down onto one knee, clutching his…well…private region. Maximizing my observation for sensing what is around me…

 

*CRUNCH!!!!*

 

I sensed a massive black snow fist sucker punch the hell out of Brother Cracker before he was sent flying down the dimension and out of sight…only a faint *BOOM!* echoed throughout the realm signifying that he had crashed into something.

 

Syrup: I’m sure that wouldn’t have killed him. He’s too tough to die against something like that. What now? You’re shield’s gone.

 

Me: Why Syrup, we’ll just need to continue attacking.

 

True to my words, I mochi-ran in front of her with my fist in mid-punch. I expected her to dodge but instead she grabbed it with her own before beginning to freeze the mochi.

 

Shit…this was bad.

 

Syrup: The versatility of mochi’s shape and tangibility is what gives it’s strength s well as most of your abilities.

 

The frost began to climb up to my arm as I tried to let go. Unfortunately, Syrup hold on my mochi was deep into my arm.

 

Syrup: However, cold and frozen mochi is brittle…fragile. In other words.

 

An armament covered left hand shot out for my frozen arm. In a split second, I chose to sacrifice my arm as I disconnected the portion of the mochi as myself before diving backwards, my arm reforming.

 

Syrup: *che*

 

Me: You were seriously going to make me armless?

 

Syrup: You can live with an artificial Mochi arm, I’m sure. Besides, you can just go visit the Tontatta Princess in Dressrosa if you really want to recover limbs anyway. That’s how Fujitora got his arm back from what I heard.

 

This time she came to me in a martial art style I’ve never seen before. Legs crouched and low and one palm forward while the other at the side of her waist.

 

Syrup: It might look like Fishman Karate but it’s not.

 

Me: Then what is it?

 

Syrup: A modified version of Hassoken and White-Fist Kenpo made specifically to defeat Mochi humans!

 

Her stance and fist created ripples in the air, highly resembling that of the Kano Country’s Chinjao family. Was she trying to get through my defense with vibrations?

 

Me: Mochi-Combo!

 

I rushed forward to meet her as we locked ourselves in hand to hand combat. From our backs, more and more limbs sprouted as we tried to constantly get the upper-hand on each other.

 

Snow against Mochi.

Martial Art vs Brute Strength

 

Due to the massive size difference, she was constantly teleporting around me in order to close the gap in reach (of her real arms). Most of her blows were deflected by my defensive mochi limbs from my back but a few that did connect…

 

*ripple* *ripple* *cough* *cough*

 

As a palm pressed onto my chest before she retreated back, she had a smug look in her face as her fighting form seemed to be effective.

 

Syrup: A modified version of the Chinjao family’s sacred martial style. I took the liberty of adjusting the wavelength to penetrate through Mochis. It looks like it’s having effect.

 

Me: *cough* *cough* I don’t think a direct hit from Mama would hurt this much! You didn’t even use your full strength behind that blow!

 

Syrup: Of course! Since it’s a vibration based attack. It’s more important to pinpoint exactly where I’m attacking than how strong I hit you. As for right now, you are horribly out of breath since I would have slightly crippled your left lung. If your chest wasn’t haki-covered, I assume it would have impacted your entire torso.

 

Me: That’s some dangerous technique you got there little sister.

 

I felt the mochi fill in the gaps and fissures around my lungs as they reformed my structure. I found it easy to breathe again as once again I stood tall and proud. Looking down at my sister once more.

 

Me: Now that I know what they do…I’ll be able to fight against you properly, with this!

 

A gripped the Mole (Trident) as I began spinning it at terminal velocity.

 

Syrup: Seriously going for the kill brother? Then I’ll have to do the same, won’t I?

 

She pulled out a blade, a long one…scratch that, it was friggin gigantic. A butcher knife the size of…well, twice herself nearly, was pulled out of whatever Devil Fruit ability allowed that.

 

Syrup: I personally prefer shorter blades but you’re just too tall and your skin too thick. I need an equally bigger sword.

 

She pointed at my trident which suddenly seemed a little small and thin in my hands.

 

Syrup: I think I win the dick measuring contest.

83