Chapter 2: Interaction
109 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 2

"Well, that was something."

She mused.

"Let me try again. [Status]!"

Then the same panel appeared. There she could see her status.

[ Name: (Enter your Name) Race: Half-Human Half-Spirit(Unique race: Void)

Age: 16

Lvl: 2            

Job: - (No boosts)

Title: Void Walker (A Permanent Title) [Effect: @#$&@@@$$$_&@&#&_##-$&]

HP: 200 (Base (200) + 1/2 CON x VIT).    

         Recovery: 1% PER MIN            

MP: 5000 (Base (5000) + 1/2 INT x 1/2 WIS)

         Recovery: 1% PER MIN

STR: 1 ( How strong)

CON: 1(Endurance and defense)

VIT: 1(Life force and recovery)

DEX: 1 (Speed)

INT: 1 (Intelligence+Mana cap.)

WIS: 1 (Hindsight+Mana cap.)

CHA: 1 (Inspire or influence other)

LUC: 1 (Luck)

Stat points: 30 (15 per level)]

[Unique skill: The Progenitor of Void Race]

(First of her kind, proficient in all kinds of magic. Able to master even the Imaginary [Void Magic].]

"Hmmm? A classic RPG style? There's strength, obviously for more muscle power. There's Condition, which means how sturdy you are... There's Vitality for your HP and regeneration. Intelligence and Wisdom for brain and magic. Is it Charisma? Then also there is luck.... The name section is empty but can I interact with it?"

She then clicked the name section and then a holographic keyboard appeared in front of her. 

"It seems I can..."

 

She was surprised for a bit before composing hersrlf. As for her name, what should she name herself? Maybe since her hair is blue, then something to go with the blue? Then Japanese or English name? After a while she typed her name.

"Aqua." 

After writing her name, she could see a message icon near to her name and clicked on it. It popped open and she read it.

"Dear Aqua,

It seems that due cosmic fluke, you were drifting out into the 'Void'. We could only do so much for you, as you were contaminated by it. We had to tear off the part of your soul, patch it up as well using the material at hand. But it seems that the void had a root in the roots of your soul, transforming you into an hybrid.

Since your soul was stripped and spliced, you may feel that you have changed somewhat physically as well as mentally. Worry not, as you are still alive and became something more entirely. But you cannot return to whatever world you were from as we do not even know where you were from. Live happily in this World of Vesperia. We have prepared some consolation gift for you in the inventory section we created specifically for you.

Be safe."

Then her status page changed entirely. First it had only shown an outline of a body with her Name, Age, Job(?), Title and stats but now there was two pages; side by side. On one page, it showed her the outline of a body with Level and Stat mentioned in it while on the other it showed her Name, Age, Race, Skills and Inventory with 8 x 8 boxes.

In the [Inventory] section there was a gift box occupying one of the slot. She clicked it. For a moment, it shined and suddenly there was bunch of things in her [Inventory]. 

First, there was a sword. A steel sword to be exact. She tried taking out of the box, which it surprisingly did get taken out. It was now within her hand. It looked like an European styled sword. It was heavy as well. Then she skimmed through the list. It was full of book of different color.

She took out a red one. She glanced at it and read the title.

"Basic Fire Magic book."

Then a mechanical voice was heard.

[Found a Instant Magic Book. Learn Fire spell: Fire Ball?]

"Yes."

Suddenly the book disappeared and a strange symbol appeared inside her mind. Aqua felt like she could do cast the spell. She aimed her hand upward as she chanted.

"Fire ball!"

One second, two second and a whole ten second was gone but nothing happened. Aqua had the necessary Mana, no she had abundant of it but there was something wrong. She looked at her palm and thought.

'No, it felt like it was stuck..... My body tried to do it, I could feel something moving inside me but it was... rusty?'

Aqua shook her head. Now was not the time for musing. She looked at the other books as well.

[Found a Instant Magic Book. Learn Water spell: Water jet?]

[Found a Instant Magic Book. Learn Earth spell: Earthen Spike?]

[Found a Instant Magic Book. Learn Wind spell: Wind blow?]

[Found a Instant Magic Book. Learn Light spell: Heal?]

Respective color of the books were light blue, yellowish brown, light green and golden yellow. Aqua nodded and like before the books disappeared in front of her. The information right in her brain. There were other books as well but they could not be taken in due to her 'Low Level'.

Then, the last book which was a tattered one. She also got a notification.

[Found a Skill book. Learn Swords Art: Beginner Lvl. 5?]

Aqua nodded. Suddenly, her mind was assaulted with images of Swordsmanship and skills. Her body stiffened a bit as she started practising her sword skills. Stab, Slice, Roll and more. Her body was getting familiar with the sword but it was still too heavy for her to safely wield it. Then she remembered that she still had stat points to spend.

"Status."

[ HP: 200 (Base (200) + 1/2 CON x VIT).    

         Recovery: 1% PER MIN            

MP: 5000 (Base (5000) + 1/2 INT x 1/2 WIS)

         Recovery: 1% PER MIN

STR: 1 ( How strong)

CON: 1(Endurance and defense)

VIT: 1(Life force and recovery)

DEX: 1 (Speed)

INT: 1 (Intelligence+Mana cap.)

WIS: 1 (Hindsight+Mana cap.)

CHA: 1 (Inspire or influence other)

LUC: 1 (Luck)

Stat points: 30 (15 per level)]

Aqua focused on her stats. For a while she thought about it. Her base [MP] seemed to be ridiculously high. So Aqua decided to dump the points primarily on Strength with Condition, Vitality and Dexterity due to the fact that right now she could not use her [Magic] right now and they were inside an unknown forest.

[ HP: 218 (Base (200) + 1/2 CON x VIT).    

         Recovery: 1% PER MIN            

MP: 5004 (Base (5000) + 1/2 INT x 1/2 WIS)

         Recovery: 1% PER MIN

STR: 8 (How strong)

CON: 6 (Endurance and defense)

VIT: 6 (Life force and recovery)

DEX: 6 (Speed)

INT: 4 (Intelligence+Mana cap.)

WIS: 4 (Hindsight+Mana cap.)

CHA: 1 (Inspire or influence other)

LUC: 3 (Luck)

Stat points: 0 (15 per level)]

Now with renewed strength, she could twirl her sword with more ease. Still it was heavy but now she could properly defend herself. Then she could hear a 'ting' like sound.

[Access to Job: Magic Knight granted due to the strange allotments of points as well as a last 'gift'. Equip it?]

"All right." 

Suddenly, Aqua felt stronger. It seemed that equipping it was a good thing.

[Job: Magic Knight (Able to wield both; weapon and magic without limiting each other.)]

'Could it be that now I can use magic?'

But before Aqua could test it out she heard the rustling of the bushes near her. Suddenly, a green creature came out of the bush with a club in it's hand, which Aqua instantly recognized. 

"A Goblin?"

3