Chapter 3: Kane, Master Of Machines.
10 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 3: Kane, Master Of Machines.

 

"Yo. How's it going?" Kane said, opening the lab door loudly.

“Hey, Kane.” Evan replied, not turning away from his work.

“You needed something?” Kane asked, interested.

“Yeah, take a look at this.” Evan said, holding up an odd looking stone.

“Um. What exactly does this thing do?” Kane asked, picking the stone up and turning it over in his hand, confused.

He started to rifle through design documents and the stone's rudimentary schematics that Evan had left laying about.

Evan smiled.

“Here,” Evan said, grabbing Kane’s shoulder and forcing mana to flow through him.

Kane jumped.

“What the hell is that?! That hurts!" Kane asked, rubbing his head.

"More importantly what the hell did you make!? What the actual fuck is with these designs? If I understand this correctly, that thing is virtually an unlimited source of energy!” Kane exclaimed, holding the schematics in Evan's face.

“Yeah, it’s pretty cool right?” Evan asked, smiling.

Kane shook his head, annoyed.

“No, firstly, how the hell did you find out how to do any of this? Tell me the entire process,” Kane asked.

“Well, you use mana and create a small little machine here. This bit takes the mana and makes it more efficient basically. Then this part does that. And this little thing here is a mana circuit. I found you can use it for a ton of things, but for now, I’m using it to be a large mana source when combined with the rest of the core.” Evan explained.

“Wow! Hey, do you mind if I take a look at it for a minute?” Kane asked, pointing to the device on the desk.

Evan nodded, handing it to him.

Kane messed with the inner workings of the machine for a minute to get a better understanding of how it worked.

Once he finished, he put it back on the desk and returned to looking over the many schematics which still were littered about the entire lab.

“How the hell did you come up with this one, too?” Kane asked, excitedly. He took out a journal and started taking notes and making sketches, excited.

“I thought of it and then did it.” Evan replied, shrugging.

“I shouldn’t have expected anything from asking you.” Kane said, sighing.

“You’ve asked that question so many times, but that’s the only answer I can come up with. You have stuff you’re good at that I’m not all that great at.” Evan argued.

“Yeah, using the machines that have an age restriction on use, since you literally can’t use them.” Kane said, laughing.

He was only around two years older than Evan.

“Oh right! I forgot, I was going to see if I could make a new prototype core, I’ll talk later.” Evan said, getting to work.

Kane kept making notes and drawing sketches in the meantime.

0