Another world is…strange
355 0 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

While I was gaping at the tall throne, Vivian bought me a small telescope from a nearby stall. It was a plastic one used by kids. I adjusted it on my eye and saw something, no, someone, no, it's actually something. It was a corpse...looking thing. It was a human shaped, so I knew it was a corpse, but it looked so dry and the skin was stretched to its utmost limit. It honestly looked more like a scare crow.

"Why does he gets a throne?"

"He doesn't get it. He makes it. That's the strange thing about him. No matter where you place him, till the time it has soil, a tree will sprout out as a throne."

"I think they should research that a bit more."

"Oh, they do. D4C also has power to regenerate so they regularly take samples. Oh, D4C is the code given to that thing, just so you know."

"Amazing."

Which was true. Even from outsode, I could tell it was similar to the museums on Earth, with exhibitions with 'do not touch' sign. But the crowd, oh god, the crowd was as if a celebrity had came here. It would be impossible to go inside considering the line continued till parking lot.

But Vivian tugged me, and showed me a shiny green card.

She told me that it was a VIP pass of sort, I don't know, I really couldn't process all that was happening. Like, there were so many people, and then we get into another door, and another handsome man checked that card and let us in. 

Inside, it was...not that fabulous as I expected. Like, it was a lot fabulous but, I suppose that giant throne raised my expectations a lot. 

"Eeek!"

I let out a scream seeing what was in front of me. It was a life like statue made out of white porcelain, of a half human and half demon, with horns on his forehead and black wings. I read the golden board which was below it.

"The First Demon Lord, Name: Unknown." it said. There were similar statues besides it, all in a line.

 The next one read "The Second Demon Lord, Name: Unknown." It was a statue of a human, but it was strange. 

"Hey, Vivian."

"Hm?"

"Wh, why does-why does it, it has a beard?" Yes, the statue in front of me, or rather the man it was representing, he had a beard. And he looked young, like he was 30 or something.

"What's so surprising about it? My father has a beard."

"No, fathers and old people have beard. But this, have you, have you ever seen a young person having a beard?"

"Hu? Well, I am sure they must shave it very closely then."

"No...this, you said the second was a ,magical girl. He, this man isn't from my world!"

"Why are you getting so worked up about it? Its possible he just grew up faster."

"No..but. I really, this is very weird."

"Calm down, we haven't even gotten at the main attraction yet."

I wasn't very satisfied with her answer. It was just..impossible. 

 I continued to read on, the next one read "The Disciple, corpse number D4C13AJ9893." The man in the statue this time didn't had a beard. He also didn't had a shirt, exposing his slim body and those killer abs to the world. Who ever created this statue is one of my people.

These are, the statues of the exceptions. They really are famous here.

I was gonna read the next one but Vivian called out to me. She was waving at me from far away, she was just besides a crowd. She took my hand and dived into the crowd.

Despite looking like a princess, Vivian sure is really rowdy. I had the image that she would rather order everyone to get out than to let her dress get wrinkled. 

She, really is a nice girl. I am glad to be her friend.

But then too, it's really a tight squeeze. I would had really preferred to wait for the crowd to dispel. There were so many people,  I couldn't even see her, just her hand connected us. 

When she finally stopped, I had to struggle for a few extra steps before I found myself right besides her, our cheeks tucking. She pointed at front of me

"Look, there."

In front of me was a glass box, with an exhibition inside it. The people around me must be taking pictures, for I heard lots of flashes, but their cameras were strange, like little rectangular boxes unlike the big stand one I was familiar with.

But what's important was the exhibition. It was a rod, probably made of metal, much similar to own magic wand, but there was no handle, and instead of a shiny pink gem I had, that one had a completely dull black thing. It looked like it was made of plastic. 

"Nanoja, do you, does it seem familiar?"

Nanoja poked his head out of my blouse where he was till now.

"No, nothing about this, I have never seen something like this. Even the circuits are strange. They branch off into 3. Flare! Try to pour your love into this!"

"Heh! Wh, what?"

"Your love energy, try to pour it. I want to see how it works."

Nanoja really looked passionate there. He usually isn't like that. Thinking about it, we never really talk. Even though I call him my partner, all he does it to tell me when Dr. Crime was causing trouble. 

No, that doesn't matter right now. Love. The love for the citizens. The joy of child's smile. A baby's laughter. All these are dependent on me, the love towards all these, and the love I recieve from them, they are flowing in me, calmingly, like a pot of water, occasionally tipping. 

Those without magical girl powers or those who aren't partners wouldn't be able to see it, but currently there should be a flow of love, from my palm, to that palm.

I opened my eyes. Like pink ribbons, the power fluttered like small butterflies, to the wand, sinking into it.

At first, I felt a pull, like the wand wanted to devour me, but I let it. It must be hungry. It has been waiting for thousands of years. What was that Vivian said? 4 million years? How many zeroes is even that? But it doesn't matter, have all love you want to.

Soon, it began to slow down. As the number of ribbons thinned, I saw something strange, the power I was pouring, it was going into the handle. Even if this was my first time, I knew that love power is stored at the upper gem.

"Well, did you like it?" Vivian asked excitedly.

"Ahh, it, it really isn't from my world. But, it was nice, to, ahh, know new things."

Vivian looked quite smug now. She..is really easy to please, isn't she? 

Suddenly, there was a hand on her shoulder which made her freeze. I looked up to see who it was.

"Uhhh, it's the hot guy." I don't remember which one. I mean, there are so many. This one was the one in the forest, what was his name...Alex? Maybe...

Whatever, he looked angry. 

And well, for the next what seemed to be hours and hours, he scolded us. Both of us. Even though I should be innocent. There were points like responsibility and being a model student and all that. 

We were back on the carriage now, and well...there was an awkward silence. I realised I still had the telescope Vivian gave me but I was too embarrassed to give it back now. There was also the question of which boy she is going after so that we don't clash.

Haaahhhhh. This is...troublesome.

We were back at the academy now. It was, what? Like noon or something. Alex(not sure) was dragging Vivian by her hand, while she was smiling, acting all satisfied. 

"Let's do that again, Flare."

"Yeah...let's."

I was just gonna follow them back in, when I noticed something strange, and stopped. There was something on my right.

Vivian must had noticed me, for she stopped and came back to me, and forced my head straight.

"Flare! What, what did you see?"

"The..there was..there was someone there.." Even though I said that, my eyes couldn't stop seeing him. He was gone, but I could still see him, like a shadow.

"Its just a student okay! No need to get panicked!"

"No..no, it can't be..he..he wasn't one."

The man, yes he was a man. I don't know what's happening. My body feels so strange. I can't move, my legs hurt. He was just at the corner of my eye, but somehow, I saw him. Saw him completely. I saw that he was wearing a bussiness suit. I saw those shiny shoes. I saw that he was grinning. It was as if I was looking right at him.

"Listen" Vivian slapped me lightly. "Promise me.  Promise me, okay? Do, not, ever, go near that man. If you ever see him, just run, okay?"

I can't speak. My throat's dry. I could just nod weakly. Vivian released me. I looked back at that direction, and he no longer was there, but I felt he was. 

I suddenly felt really nauseous. I wanted to call out to Vivian, but my head hurted, and everything was too bright. She was saying something but I couldn't hear. I can't feel my arms either. All I felt was the thump of me falling.

15