Chapter 14
159 8 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Commoner. Can you fathom what happened next?"

"People changed their names?"

"Hoh, it seems like low lives truly think alike. Yes. Commoners began changing their names to Clare. But it didn't work and after a period of time, they gave up. There were cases of some people claiming to be the Clare mentioned in the Insight, but they could never give the proof.

Until one Fey-, until one period of time, a girl, a commoner named Clare joined the Academy under the scholarship programme. Since the panic about the Insight had calmed down, she wasn't questioned. 

Until on another period of time, the teacher responsible for the commoners decided to take a test.

And for some reason, more than half the class got a cramp, so terrible, they weren't able to achieve their full potential. The maximum score was 22 out of 80. And it was achieved by the soul named Clare.

At another period of time, all the commoners decided to race. Again, more than half of them got a cramp so terrible, they had to be sent to infirmary. Again, the soul named Clare was on the top.

At yet another period of time, now, you must understand that lot of time had passed. It was almost one fourth of the period between one summer and the other, and it was time for an joint examination. Both commoners and nobles complete for the same questions. This time too, almost every student in with an age equal to ours suffered from a cramp. Bringing the soul named Clare to second position, first bieng me.

This angered a certain noble. That particular noble decided to confront the commoner, I still remember that fey. It happened right in front of my eyes. It was a level of Depravity never seen before.

The soul named Clare was walking, and the noble confronted her from behind, about to stop her by placing his hand on her shoulder.

Just before his flesh could touch her clothes, his skin ripped.

Blood flew all over the place, painting the walls red.

Muscles turned inside out as if escaping from his arm.

Shards of bones pierced through his skin.

With just one swing, his whole arm had detached from his body. He tried to scream, but before he could do so, his lungs collapsed and wheezing was the best he could do.

Everyone was too afraid. No one knew what happened. For some reason, not a drop of blood, or a giblet of flesh ever touched the soul named Clare. She kept on walking. I doubt she even realized what happened. There was barely any sound.

It was only after she left that we were able to help out that boy. We all were simply too petrified. It was a strange moment for me, I princess like me wilfully covered her clothes with vile blood to save someone.

The news spread quickly, and died just as fast.

Turn after turn, journalists kept on dying. Just 'Bang', and their brains were found spattered across the table. People must have tried to protest, but they too died before uttering a word. Police tried to investigate, but associated with the case were found hanging at their premises.

Anyone who wanted to research this phenomena. Dead.

Anyone who wanted to cover this story. Dead.

Anyone who says ill about her. Dead.

Anyone who even harbours ill wishes towards her. Dead.

Clare is the strongest human in this world. Everyone bows before her. She is just too foolish to realize it.

I am surprised humanity didn't go extinct, but I suppose cowering in fear is hidden in our roots. People learnt to not even think of her.

Such were the conditions of all but one."

"..you. You never got that insight."

"..."

"Were you lonely?"

"It was simply the duty of a noble to represent the country. The people wished to torment her, I simply followed them to end."

"It isn't that simple! That's horrible! That-that, that's completely messed up. Oh,God. I, how did you even, how were you even sane!?"

"...such, lowly problems are not experienced by-"

"Stop with the noble nonsense! Just be honest for a second, will you!"

"Oh my." Said a familiar voice. "Enjoying yourself?" Said Vivian cheerfully, with a beautiful smile on her face. "Say, Flare, isn't it time for your class? Don't you have to meet the principal after this?"

"I, I was just on my way."

"Oh, I see. The school can be indeed a very confusing place. I suppose Clare here was giving you directions?"

"It's almost 9. I should be going for my classes." Said..I don't know, the body named Clare?

"See ya!" Said the soul named Clare. "Now then, come on, Flare. Let's go together."

"Su-sure."

"So, well. I am sure you must have lot's of questions."

"I..need some time to digest it."

"You have plenty of time. Choose carefully. I don't know what Clare told you, but you can see many holes in her story."

"Like?"

"Depends on what she told you. She has had a loose screw ever since the incident. I don't know what her fragile mind thinks to consolidate her. Poor her, she can't even imagine living a life without riches."

"Say, Vivian."

"Yes?"

"If you have the whole world as your friend, except one person who really hates you, what will you do?"

"I'll try to befriend her. Isn't that what Maagical Girls teaches us? Love can do everything."

"Ah, yes. That makes sense."

We walked quietly. The halls were all empty, and each step of ours echoed throughout the place. For the first time, my mind was blank enough to notice where I was going. There were 2 stairs and 2 right turns, and 1 left turn on our way. The way to those huge doors.

"Hohoho. Come inside, Maagical Girl Flare. We have been waiting for you for a very long time."

"Sorry. I got lost."

"Hahaha. It's fine, fine. You will learn soon enough. I heard Ms Redwood suffered from an accident. I hope she recovers soon. But you could've asked for directions."

"I couldn't find anyone in the halls. And I was too shy to enter any class and ask."

"Hmm, why though? Consider this your home! You are free to ask anyone anything."

"I'll remember that."

"So," said that unknown lady, "today Flare, we are going to do something different. We are going to gauge how strong your normal attacks are." She said while opening a suitcase. The interior of suitcase was all fancy, but there was a floating, yellow magic circle at its centre.

"All you need to do is to hit this shield here. We will slowly increase its durability to see how strong you are."

"I see."

"Also, here take this." She said while handing me an envelope. "One of the children we are taking care of wrote this letter for you. Read it."

I opened it. It was written in some sort of wavy...I don't really care.

The first few words were something like 'Big sister, thank you' or anything like that.

My mind was already preoccupied.

"Say, can I get an audience with the King?"

"King? You mean His Majesty?"

"Yes, the guy with a pointy hat. Can I meet him."

"Why do you want to?"

"I think I have a plan. A plan to unite all nations and possibly deal with the demon problem."

"What? What is it? Say it!"

"I can't."

"But why?"

"Its a...secret."

6