Chapter 15
122 12 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Se-secret?"

"Yes, it's something you don't tell others, apparently."

"I...know what a secret is."

"Oh. I didn't. I just learned about it."

"But why?"

"I...quite..don't know, per say. I just kinda, like, wanted to do it."

"..are you realizing what you are saying?"

"Yes. Sorry. It is a terrible idea. Please forget I ever said anything."

"Anyway, just tell me the idea you had."

"Whaahah...no. It's a terrible idea. I'll be just wasting your time."

"Tell me anyway."

"..."

"What is it?"

"It's embarrassing. Can we just move to today's test please?"

"We can do that later. We have plenty of time. Let's first here this plan of yours."

Eeeeeeehhhh. Please stop being such a good adult and just ignore me than to correct me.

"Ah, well, it was, just to..like, talk to demon lord, and well..." I lied.

"Ask for peace?"

"Yes."

"Now what's so embarrassing about that. That's a completely normal thought. It is actually a very good plan, Flare, but you see, these demon folk, they aren't the most sophisticated people. They are very bad and will snatch you at sight. I must say, it is in their very blood to kill. They can't be talked with. It's like that saying. Kicking ghosts can't talk."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"It means a person who is inclined towards violence can't be expected to show rational behaviour.

Okay, let's move on to this here. So, Flare. You know Oliver, right?"

"Who?"

"Oh, you know. Oliver van Crofti. He is, the...boy, in student council."

"Ahh, there are many boys in student council."

"The-the..don't tell him I said this, but the short one."

"Oh, the chil-..I know him. Yes, yes. What about him?"

"His clan, the Crofti clan, is a well respected and revered clan. One of his ancestors defeated the First Demon Lord and sealed him."

"Oh, so he was a hero?"

"No, Flare. He was simply a man who was dedicated and hardworking. The First Demon Lord had extraordinary regeneration powers. After the hero defeated him, he revived again, although much weaker this time. After a heroic battle, he defeated him. Today, the Crofti family excel in creating peerless magical seals and shields. This right here, is a contained one by Oliver's father, Howard."

"..he must be a very strong person."

"Oh, very. In fact, it is said he is closest to a demon lord's strength in the entire world. Too bad they only specialize in seals, but we can't ask for everything, can we?"

"So, I..do what? Break it?"

"Yes. You will fire a shot at this circle right here. We will slowly increase it's strength to see how strong you really are."

"I see...can you tune it to max?"

"What?"

"Can you, like, increase it to maximum. The shield strength, I mean."

"Yes, we will, but first you need to break the initial ones."

"No. Just. I think I can do it. Tune it to max please."

"Firstly, fine. Secondly, please stop using that abbreviation. It really doesn't suit you. Just say maximum." She said while turning some dials which made the single yellow circle split into 2, 3, 4 and stop at 7 circles.

I just had a strange sense of confidence. Like, just looking at the circles, floating, with little text floating all over, it looked very weak. Fragile. Just a little spin, and a small heart appeared at the tip of my wand, which filled with love and let out a little pew.

That little pew apparently broke though every single of those shields, and bore a hole through the suitcase, and through the wall.

Ahhhhhh, I hope any birds weren't shot down.

"We..need to..I need to talk a bit with your principal a bit. You can go back to your room, Flare."

"Ah, okay. I have a little request though."

"What is it?"

"Can I meet the king?"

"Was that a threat?"

"Wh-no!"

"Well, you asked for an audience before. And when you got refused, you displayed your power and asked again. Sounds like a threat to me."

"I-I-I didn't mean that! That was just...a coincidence."

"....The king, His Majesty. He is a busy man. I suppose you want to propose your diplomatic plan to him?"

"Yes."

"I will see what I can do. I would recommend not getting your Hope's up. He shall most probably just send his regards through a letter. But if he agrees, it will atleast take a few months. Is that okay?"

"Yes."

"Even if it takes an year?"

"Yes."

"So you don't plan to defeat the demon king for an year?"

"W-no no no. That's not what I meant. Sorry. I'll defeat him as soon as possible."

"Don't worry, I was just playing with you. You are supposed to beat him after your studies end after all. And, well, I am sure others have told you this, but, you can march the whole school if you want to."

"I'll remember that."

Saying that, I left. Not tired this time. It has been an eventful day, hasn't it been.

Unfortunately, It is going to be even more eventful.

I took out my wand, and making hearts, I thought of the place where I wanted to go. It was kinda difficult since I didn't knew how it looked, like, how am I supposed to imagine a place I have never been before?

But I just kept in thinking its name, and just before a perfect heart was about to form, I was interrupted.

"Hey..Flare." called out a voice. It was the bespectacled council member. "Are you free?"

"People tend to be free when you lock them in their rooms, yes."

"Ahh, don't be angry about that. We just didn't wanted you to meet Clare, that's all."

"I am not angry, I am just..bored, I guess. There really isn't anything to do there!" I said even though I clearly reported out many times.

"We were a bit..confused. It's not everyday we do so."

"So, what were you asking about?"

"Oh, yes. Please follow me." 

Despite being so tall and looking like a total class topper, the guy really has a light voice. His way of speaking really didn't suit him.

I am getting a serious case of deja vu here. If things go like this, he is going to tell me that he to swapped bodies with somebody.

And....he led me into an empty, dark room. Before I realized it, he had locked the gate, but I suppose it's a custom by this point. Any room Flare is in, must be locked down.

So, let me guess. He wants to swap bodies with me or something? Or does he has a pet dog and school doesn't allow pets? Or does he wants advice to woo Vivian. 

I think it's the third one. A guy who brings a girl into a dark room and locks the door clearly needs some help.

I simulate all the questions he could ask, and begin to form answers to them. It was really hard, since I don't know what Vivian likes. She just once said not to go after her brother. Clare said she used to like him when she was Clare. So are there any lingering feelings or something?

Could it be that Vivian is a brocon?

Just as I was thinking that, the boy lit a candle and illuminated the room.

All over the place, the walls and ceiling were pictures attached to the wall. There were a few diagrams and maps and all, but I think I can say the infinite amount of pictures is the main agenda here.

Even more concerning thing is...all those pictures were of me.

7