Chapter 17
108 6 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Hello, I have been. I would say, I have been waiting for you. But I must say, you are earlier than I expected."

"Ehh, Well, I on other hand, was not expecting you at all."

"What?"

"Sorry....that was...stupid. "

"Ahem." said who I assume to be the Demon Lord, or rather the Demon Queen. She stood tall, a bit tanned, and wore completely black, pitch black that would blend in shadows. "So," she continued,

"You being here means only one thing, you are here to propose peace."

"Eh? That was an option?"

"Huh?" said the demon queen, while tilting her head. 

"What are you, here for then?"

"I just..hoped that I could like, defeat you. And be done with it."

It started with a giggle, and then she broke into a full on laugh, thundering all across the room. She laughed for about half a minute, 

"Sorry," she said while trying to hold in her chuckles, "My apologies. I was quite, narrow minded. Of course, you come to defeat me."

"Was I not supposed to?"

"...

Girl, no. Hero.

I am the 6th Demon Lord, there have been 5 before me.

Each time, the hero studied for 4 years, trained, formed a party, made friends, made family and only then would he come to defeat the evil called Demon Lord.

This has been the norm, the obvious, the law if nature for thousands of years, yet one dared to go against. One dared to do what he believed in. One dared to be an exception.

The third exception, Kami.

He was the one who introduced the concept into this barren land.

The idea that humans and demons could co exist."

"Oh. So, can they?"

"No. We can't. Yet, we respect him, for bringing forward what is good, in this world."

"Oh. Why not?:

"Simple, because God said so. When we, the species you call Demons, are born, a single thought bores through our head.

For ever, for whole life, a voice speaks to us, from behind, just besides the ears, 'entertain me' it said.

I asked it how, and it replied. 'Well, killing humans seems like a good start'."

"So, can't you just stop it?"

"I don't think, you understand, what's going here hero. Everyday for our entire life we hear whispers, voices, while we sleep, they haunt us. Yet we are not maniacs, we have laws, and we respect the dead, which is the only reason you are here right now, alive."

"I came here to fight from beginning."

"You hero.

You don't have charisma."

"I don't care."

"Hmm? Getting impatient? Are you sure you are ready to fight?"

"MAGICAL GIRL FLARE!" I screamed as a pink beam roared and stormed the whole room, destroying the wall and everything behind it. Blue sky, with clouds split could be seen. A giant hole, just besides her, close enough that her black hair were cooking.

"Oh, my. I would've reinforced them if I knew-"

"FLARE!" I yelled as another beam shot out, this time directly at her, but she jumped and back flipped her way around.

"At least, talk-"

"FLAR-" I was going to shoot another one, but she calmly took hold of my wand and tilted it out of her way. I tried my best, but I struggled even after using both arms. Yet, she simply used her wrist to turn it back at me.

"Calm down, I have no intention, in fighting with a child."

"Then just lose."

"Lose?

Huh?

You mean die."

 I gulped, it was indded what I meant, yet the word puts a great burden on my shoulders. I began to get sweaty and my arms were getting tired.

"Can you let me go for today, please?"

"After you almost destroyed this place and everyone in it?"

"...its your fault."

"How so?"

"You are. You are evil, and bad. And you should disappear. And all demons!"

"Hmmm. I am evil, very much correct so. Doesn't give a reason as to why we can't have a little talk."

"Just DIE! WILL YOU!"

"Then defeat me." she said, tightening her grip.

"Just...why won't you die..." i said as tears began rolling from my eyes.

I don't like this world.

My friends lie to me, they lock me up.

Bad people protect themselves.

I don't like it,

I can't understand it. This world is too strange.

Why can't people be good! Bad is for monsters! And...monsters should die. Just...make my job easier.

Monsters try to kill me, and I kill them. They don't ask for pep talks. I don't like this at all.

"Are you, calm enough to have a talk?"

"Why do you want to talk..."

"I am fighting a hero, it should be my last battle, why shouldn't I talk."

"You..." I took a heavy breath, calmed myself, cleared my mind. Remember, love love love. Love is all that matters in this world. World is nothing without love, love makes the world go round.

"Please, say your last words, I am listening."

"Girl, you have ruined the mood. Yet, I shall still say it, for I have been practicing in front of mirror for days and days, I shall not let such an immature attempt of a fight stop me.

Hero, do you know about the 5th exception, or was she removed from your syllabus this year too?"

"The...elf?"

"Eldritch, of Highlands. I once met her, right when I was born. 900 years ago, she was there,

Getting hanged, just like Kami was, for the same crime too. She was announced to be a traitor against humanity.

I was born just there, just before the lever was pulled, and I was greeted with screams,

'Everyone run! The 6th Demon Lord has been summoned.'

I was confused, but I heard a voice in my head, a voice threatening to kill me if I didn't obey it, a voice saying-"

"Kill humans?"

"Close, it was 'eradicate all humans on the fourth year of the national academy."

"Huh. Talk about coincidences."

"A coincidence indeed. A strange coincidence, but what was even stranger, was what that elf told me as she took her last breath, she was too wounded, with stab wounds and all beaten up..

'Humanity shall live for another thousand years.'

Is what she said."

"Years? Not fey or anything?"

"Excuse me?"

"Sorry, continue."

"So, I was confused, why is this elf-"

"FLARE!" I screamed once more as the pink beam shooted, this time neatly penetrating her, creating a hole in the centre. She just dropped.

Huh, do bodies don't disappear after getting killed?

Strange, I wonder how they clean up so many. I mean, now the carpet is all dirty, I see why she was angry about ruining her castle.

4