Chapter 18
78 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

  Ah, things are calm now. I put my hands on my ears like a megaphone, complete peace is all I hear. Only chirps of birds and smile of nature. I was right in my thinking it seems, 

All problems are caused by demons only.

I was overthinking unnecessarily. All it needed was a firm pull and the weed was uprooted.

It so funny, it was in front of me this whole time, the correct solution. The right solution. The solution which causes goodness. Everything else was just trickery done by demons. Everything is all right. Everything will go back to normal. All I need to do, is to spin this wand.

Just spin this wand and go back home.

Back there, they shall cheer for me and become my friends.

Just spin this wand.

Spin it.

And go home.

Can I take a break? I will go home soon, just let me lie here for a second. I will go back, I will go there, just not now. Later. After a nap maybe?

A nap in a destroyed castle, in solitude, that's the dream of many teenagers, right. Wow, I am so lucky.

Just a few hours more, and I'll go back. Back to Vivian, who would be back in her body, and Clare who would be back in her body, and both of them would be friends. And the God would be nice now and all the people who died will go to heaven and everyone will become friends and-and....and..it shall be all good and nice.

Yet, I don't want to go back, I am afraid. Afraid of...the king and...the lady and people I don't know. I don't know. 

Will they be my friends, I wonder? Can I think about this topic for the next 4 hours, I wonder? Can I go again to that museum, I wonder. It was a fun place.

What to do now, can I go back? I have to go back.

The red blood has now reached my shoes, the flies have begun to buzz, buzz enough to ruin the sunset I was looking at.

I spin my wand, spin it till a pink glow covers me and I find myself in that park. This whole charade will end soon. 

It was evening, I was at the garden. I could teleport to where I wanted but I feel I haven't walked much in these past few days. I just walked straight, took a right into the main building.

And I still don't know my way in...

So much for acting intimidating.

I knock on one of the doors, 

"Do you know where I can find the princess?"

I recieved an answer, but I don't remember what it was. I wasn't paying attention. Which is funny. Like, I just heard the answer, someone told it to me. But I can't remember. I don't even know who told me the answer. I just replied with a "Huh" and kept in walking.

This is a big school, with tall ceiling and wide corridors. Every single one of my steps echoed throughout. My shoe, I don't think I have thought about it much. I mean, I have, but right now is a good time to appreciate what a beautiful shoe this is.

Nope, snap out of it.

I ran back to that classroom and asked again

"Could you tell me where the princess is again? I forgot it."

"Should I," replied the teacher, "send someone with you?"

"Yes please."

"Gud, take her to the class."

The said boy got up with a peculiar smile, a familar one. As soon as he was near me, I asked,

"What are you doing, God?"

"I would call it a pretty strange coincidence."

"A coincidence?"

"Well 17 years ago I simply thought, hey! How about becoming a human, and just by coincidence, I entered that class."

"And just by coincidence, you were the one called out."

"Yes."

"And what's with that name? Gud sounds weird."

"It means God in one of the languages. If you were a normal student, you would read many, like Bog, Dev, Deus. I prefer names like that."

"They sound weird."

"You can call me Papa then."

"No."

"Come on, I'll give you a hint."

"Might as well harass, huh. Life is easy when one is a God."

"I do get some extra rights, yes."

"Say, why do you do this?"

"Why do I ruin people's life? Hmmmmm. I have bills to pay. You don't think Godlife is free, do you? We need to pay for food."

"Why do you need food for!"

"To be alive! You really think we are immortal? Wait, we are immortal, but we need energy to live. That's why we create universes. It sustains us, you can say."

"And you also destroy them?"

"I would answer that question, but I am not going to. Instead, I am going to say vague things, like, the 5th Exception also asked me that. And she got her answer."

"And I am not going to?"

"You don't need it. What you do need, is to call me Papa."

"No."

"Flare, believe me. You need it."

"Um...ehhh.....pervert....pa...pa."

"An year ago, I promised a girl, that if she were to kill a person, I would help her hide the body.

Though she didn't believe me, I wasn't lying. Even today, just behind this school, behind a big boulder is a pocket just big enough to hide one."

"A-a-a bo-body? A human one?"

"A human one. A little pocket in space, once someone gets in, they can't get out. And, well, we are here. Break a leg."

In front of me was the principal room, I turn to ask him, but God was gone.

I knock and open the door.

"May I come in?"

"Flare!" yelled the old man, "Where have you been! Do you have any idea how much we have been looking for you! Where were you!"

"I defeated the Demon Lord."

4