Chapter 19
77 3 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Yo-you did what?"

"I defeated him. The demon lord. I went to him and defeated him."

"Uh...repeat that again."

"I defeated the Demon Lord."

"Oh. I see. Do you have any proof."

"My shoes are a bit bloody, if that helps."

"That would certainly help, thank you very much for your service to this nation. The king had accepted your invite but unfortunately that clashed with your battle. I shall contact him again if he would like to revise his decision."

"Yes please, I do want to ask him some stuff. Where is Viv? Do you know?"

"Oh, the princess. I can call her at once. Wait here, why not have some cake till then?"

"Oooh, what flavour?"

"Whichever you want! We have pineapple, strawberry, chocolate-"

"Chocolate chocolate chocolate!"

"Ah, well, chocolate for you. That too a big searving."

"Yay~~"

"So, how did it go, the fight?"

"Hm?" I raised my head while I was nomming on the cake, "I just went Kapalm! And Boom! And it was done."

"Ah, I see. Must be dangerous."

"Not really, that woman had no chance!"

"I see. So, what are your future plans?"

"Let's see...a se-cre-et!"

"Ahhh, I see, I see. Girls really do love having secrets. I still remember my wife was like that too before we married."

"Ehhh, tell me more!"

"Ah well, it was about 20 years ago,"

And I stopped listening after that. No one likes romance more than me, but 20 years! That's old. 

And well, things seem to be calm now.

People are back to normal, back to happy.

Though I really wish my shoes get cleaned. I don't think that stain can be removed easily. Do I have to give them for dry cleaning? Do they dry clean shoes?

"Flare~~" sang Viv as she jumped on me from behind.

"Aw, Vivian! I missed you so much!"

"I did too! Where have you been!"

"Oh, I have so much to talk to you! Let's go somewhere private!"

"My room then."

"Sure! And, principal, take care of Claire, will you?"

"Oh of course. I have been thinking of promoting her to royal class for so long anyways."

I was happily skipping to Viv's room, with a smile on my face.

"So, I heard you defeated the demon queen."

"Yep~~"

"Oh. What do you want to do now?"

"Well, I have plans, but firstly, I need to ask you a little something."

"Hu?"

"Let's go to your room first, shall we?"

"Sure."

Viv's room was quite similar to mine, which was quite a shock. But I suppose all students get the same room. Her bed too was quite like mine.

They reall are humble, to give a princess a room just like mine.

"So. What was it?"

"Viv, can you tell me that story again? The one that happened an year ago?"

"Oh, sure. I can tell you that as many times you want. So, last year, when I, Claire enrolled in this school, I was bullied by the princess-"

"Stop. Can you repeat that?"

"Uh. Ahem. When I enrolled in-"

"No, no. From start."

"Last year, when I-"

"Stop here. Repeat."

"Last year?"

"Repeat"

"Last year."

"Repeat"

"Last year."

"Repeat."

"Last year."

I heaved a sigh. Things are quite messy here, aren't they?

"Viv, this world. It doesn't have the word year. And I never told you about the word year."

"Ah. So that's it....fuck."

"Hm?"

"Oh nothing. That's just..fuck. That was some real mind fuckening play there. Ahhhhhh....well. Ahhh, Flare, it's totally not what you are thinking."

"I am not thinking anything, to be honest. I am just here to hear your answer."

"My answer huh. Let's see. I am the real hero of this world. 

After a few more years, I was supposed to defeat the Demon Lord.

But you did it before me, so that's fine too."

"I see. Viv, you know that boy? The one who is the first Demon Lord?"

"Uh, yeah."

"Could you tell me about it?"

"Uh, nothing. We just had his, I don't know, some sort of DNA or something. And people just injected it that person."

"Hoh? What were they expecting?"

"Nothing just, they had some extra DNA so they did it."

"Hm? So it really was just a random experiment? I imagine quite a lot of funding went into it."

"Ah, well, I can't- I don't know how those lab people think like."

"True, true, adults say weird things, don't they?"

"They really do. Just a few days ago my father was telling me about how he had to walk 20 miles to school."

"I see, that's really funny. Hey, I have been skipping classes, can you teach me about the exceptions?"

 "Huh, we have teachers for tha-"

"Please~~" I say while holding her hand and getting closer to her,

"I really want to learn from you."

"Bu-bu..uh...ah.." mumbled Viv as she ran out of breath, and looked so scared. I held her hand and hugged her. Slowly patting her on back. Poor girl, I know how hard history can be. Remembering the dates is really difficult. 

"It's alright," I say, "just tell me his story. The first."

"Hi-hic. I..I ca-..you look scary." She said between her sobs. Such big tear drops were rolling from her eyes. Oh my, are teachers here that strict?

"It's alright, okay? I won't scold. I won't get angry either, okay? Talk to me Viv."

But Viv didn't answer, she just kept on sobbing. Hiding her face with her hands, I could only see lots of snot and her grasping for breath.

Oh my. I hug her tighter, whispering "It will be alright" in her ear. Her face is so hot right now, she might catch a cold this way.

I was just about to say to her that she should rest, but in between the sobs, words began to form,

"I-I-hic. H-h-h-he was a m-m-am. A...annn. He. He did. He got this. This. Ma-ma-moo-hic. I-he, I don't want too..he. He got, got. Thi-this mu-mutation. A-and go..got strongerrrr."

"There, that was so good. Like, a 10 out of 5. You are such a good girl. Now stop crying." I say as I wipe off her tears. She looks so ugly while crying, I miss the smiling Viv. Her mouth was slowly trembling. What is she so afraid of?

"What are you so afraid of?"

"Y-y-you..."

"Oh my, silly. Was that all? I am not here to beat you up or anything. I just wanted to ask you some questions. I promise okay? No scary Flare, no crying Viv. Okay?"

"Y-y-yea."

"Good. You are such a good girl Viv. Now, tell me something, I heard a rumour, you see. My question is really simple you know? I wanted to ask sooooooooooo much, but I will ask only one. 

What is the source of magic?"

For a long time, Viv didn't answered me. She chocked on her saliva, maybe. She just took heavy breaths and just stared at the ground. But I was patient. We have plenty of time, I can wait for her.

"The," she finally said something, but still refused to look at me in the eyes, "the, the, demon. Demon Lord. And, the hero."

"Huhhhhhhhh? I see. So that's why they wanted to resurrect the first Demon Lord, right?"

"...um."

"Because, well, I think what happens here is, when the hero defeats the demon lord, this world has no worth anymore.

A world without monsters is useless for God.

God has to pay money to break laws of physics, did you know that?"

"N-no."

"I was surprised too! Though I can't say for sure, though. I mean, a God can pay bills for many things. Does he pays to keep the Sun burning?

So, no need to take this seriously, but,

A world where the Hero defeats the Demon Lord. Such a world, you see, is boring.

I once knew a man, who would invent new toys everyday just to play with me. But one day I died, because God must have thought, oh. This world is truly boring.

Ah, sorry for blabbering. Do you know anything about this Viv?"

"W-w.." and she started crying again. Gosh, girls like you give rise to stereotypes you know?

Now all boys will think girls do nothing but cry.

I force open her arms and lift her chin till we are in eye contact. Her eyes looked so red, she has been rubbing them too much.

"Who told you about that?" she asked.

"Something, Viv. I don't know. This is a wonderful feeling. Things just fall into the place.

Gears click together,

I feel I can have every question answered.

I feel like I know all.

I feel, I feel like. Viv, its such an amazing feeling.

To have a voice in your head tell you everything you want!"

Vivian's eyes widened. From jealousy? Well anyone would be jealous. This thing has great cheating material. I can know anything, I feel. For example if I wanted to know Claire's location, I know she is trapped in a dark room. 

Wow, I feel so full. Yet blank. As if a new world was opened.

Vivian looked like she was about to vo it now, but I know she won't. So I hug her, not too tightly or else things wpuld puke out.

Ah, she was so soft. This body of hers, smelled really nice. The hair too. Is this shampoo? I want it too. Really seems tasty. Her ears looked plump red, I took a little nibble.

She let out a little shriek, how cute.

"Viv, tell me the truth, okay?" I say as I continue nomming her ear.

"I..I just wanted to..I don't want to fight."

"No one does."

"Bu-but, I was hero. An-amd. They wan-wanted me to f-fight."

"They were really bad people."

"So-so. My-my magic. My magic. If I f-fight. My-my magic would go. G-god said that. Th-that Viv-Vinan too. She wo-would t-t-t-tra-tra-tra-"

"Transform into a monster."

"Huh? Uh. Ye-yes."

"And if you defeat both of them, your magic would go."

"Um."

"And your magic, what is it?"

"T-to-to make friends."

"Oh.. It's not to have no one disobey you?"

"N-no. I promise. Believe me."

"I believe you, okay." I say as I give her a little peck on cheek. "Rest for now, okay?"

4