Chapter 24
50 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Inhale.

Stop.

Exhale.

I am a villian now.

Looking back now, it was anti climatic. I did nothing basically.

Yet the entire world is against me.

Even now, apart from the fear of people, I can feel preparations going on. A bundle of tremendous energy is focusing.

The magic seemed like it would cover the entire kingdom, and it sent shivers down my spine.

I take a look at of window, and I see a huge magic circle, glowing white in the sky, just beneath my pink heart.

It was way more complex than the ones I had seen till now, it wasn't just one cicle, but many stiched together. Some smaller circles revolved around like satellites.

What does it do, I wonder? Most probably a shield.

I wonder how strong it is. I won't disturb it. A true villian never disturbs a transformation.

Many smaller rings emerged and took part in the gear work soon, all glowing white.

Some were at an angle with each other, so it created a beautiful look.

So much effort for me, that's so sweet of them.

With a magical 'clank' they all fitted into themselves and a blue wave sent dust flying towards me.

I had to squint my eyes. I didn't wanted to miss anything. Like a soap bubble, a very thin blue layer was born, from sky to ground.

So it was a shield, how brilliant am I.

Hmm, now it is there, the shield, time to destroy it.

Nothing to special, just bring the big heart a bit down.

And just slowly, but surely, cracks appeared. And like a glass, it all broke into pieces. It was weird, since it didn't created any sound.

Like, imagine seeing a glass crumbling into bits, but not making a sound. Omnious, isn't it?

It's a death flag for sure.

But me saying its a death flag removes the death flag.

But any attempt of removing a death flag creates another death flag?

But having the knowledge of this also destroys death flags.

So, is there a death flag or not?

There is a tree in front of a tree

On the right of tree

On the left of tree

Above tree

Below tree

Question, how many trees are there?

2.

It's just a matter of perspective.

I waited for any attack of any sort.

But nothing came.

No missiles?

Nothing?

Ala! Something, no, someone is coming.

I can feel it! Just from that spot, where the shield originated! There was a... a signal! Or something! Someone called me! Its like a roar! 

A magic signal, a wave, there can be many words for it. But its filled with determination.

Oya oya, on my first day as a villian, and I find myself a strong one to fight me.

They are moving here quite fast, are they in a car?

Oooooh, I walk away from the window.

As much as I want to see who it is, I must look cool!

I wait on my comfy bed.

Come on, slam open my door. Or break the wall! Or the roof! 

But I waited and waited.

Well, I didn't wait that long, only a few minutes, but I was boooooreed.

And lonely.

Wait, no! Stop, no talk. We don't talk about that. I am villian. I am bad. Kill humans. Kill everything. Children cry. Women get raped. Men get tortured. Yes, that it natural order. 

Inhale and exhale. Inhale, exhale. Inhaleexhals. Inhale, inhale inhale. Pleaee, come quickly. I can't take it anymore. I am sooo useless! Just one day, one minute, I can't. Give me something to do, something to destroy....inhale. exhale. 

We don't do that here.

My heart hurts for some reason. I feel like I might faint. My head feels so weird. Its light. Yet so heavy I can't lift it.

I don't want to do this.

But I must.

For this world. 

Really, why?

Asks my internal voice.

I don't know. 

But back in my world, I was happy. Happy to have someone to kill. Someone to call evil. Someone to push all blame.

Demon lord was that person, but she had a story. A reason. Logic. She talked. She was probably as human as everyone else. 

Not me, I am evil. Kill me, torture me, do whatever you want. 

Just be happy.

There was a knock on my door. Finally, someone came. He knocked, what a sweet person.

Hmmm, I don't have any maid or anyone to open the door.

Ala? Would I have to open it myself?

I get up, and walk to the door.

"Hello, whose there?"

"Uh. Oliver. He is my son, you know him?"

"Hm? Oliver? Haven't heard of him."

"I see. Uh. My.... Can I come in?"

"Oh, yes, sorry."

I open the door, and outside was a huge man! Like about 6 and a half feet tall, and super wide. As wide as 3 of me, and not fat, but..wide! 

He looked like he was 40 something, and had a big moustache.

Reflexively, I invited him to sit on my bed. Stupid me.

"So, you have decided to take the role of demon lord?"

"Umu! Yes!"

"Do you realise what crimes you would be committing?"

"Lots of manslaughter! And causing lots of chaos! Punishable by death!"

"Hmmm. Traitor against humanity. 

It's a crime which has been committed by till now only 4 people.

The first demon lord.

The individual named Kami

Eldritch, the Highland elf,

And you. Flare."

"Ala? I don't have a cool title?"

"We will leave that to historians. For now."

He took a deep sigh, as if he was nervous.

"The first hero, was my ancestor.

He sealed the First Demon Lord.

Ever since that day, we have been honing our skills.

But for no awail, the demon kings can only be killed by the Hero. You are an exception, of course. 

No matter what we do, it is impossible to reach the point where he stood.

Until now."

"Hm? Only hero can kill the demon lord.

And since I am stronger than her, you thought of fighting me?"

"It is a matter of fate. I refuse to believe anything can beat my blood line. It was simply God's will that we never got a chance."

"Until now?"

"Until now."

I...feel so happy.

My first customer is someone who will get a burden off his shoulders.

I chose the correct option.

2