7. The Treasury
912 0 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Kilaqen's Treasury: Mio 19, 3728]

How does the Demon Lord's Treasury look like?

In Adrios, it's a question everyone thinks about occasionally. It even serves as the sole motivation for some heroes to defeat the Demon Lords.

Located in Kilaqen's underground treasury is a collection of treasures that either result from the conquests of Kilaqen or from its mining efforts.

The room is usually not very well organized, as all the treasure is thrown in together at random.

There were huge piles of diamonds, emeralds, gold, platinum, Adamantite, and even Quatinum in the room.

There were also jewel-hilted weapons, valuable armor pieces, legendary items, gem-crusted skulls, enchanted necklaces, and more.

There was so much treasure inside that you couldn't enter the room without stepping on it. An impressive achievement.

As a result, this was one of the most heavily guarded areas in Kilaqen. In addition to being only accessible to the most senior members of the Kilaqen Empire, a surprising entity protected it as well.

Xisona, A Fallen Archangel.

In contrast to Archdemons, Archangels are high-ranking angels who serve directly under the Supreme Deity. Each of the Archangels got power from the Supreme Deity, who deemed them to be worthy.

Seraphiel, Michael, Cindra, Xisona, and Arael were the 5 Archangels who formed the 'Divine Shield', which was an elite group of Archangels considered to be on par with the Gods.

They became 'The Quartet Of Saints' after finding Archangel Xisona guilty of several crimes, including treason. Cindra banished her, tore off her wings, erased most of her memories, and labeled her a fallen angel.

-------------------------------

Broggon, Thelsea, and Mason teleported into the treasury, while Mason carried most of the treasure chests with his tentacles.

"Woah!" exclaimed Mason.

Mason glanced around the room with a twinkle in his eye.

"The chests can be placed wherever you like," Broggon said as he picked up a treasure. "This room is never organized."

Despite his excitement, Mason did his best to control it.

"I will do that!" Mason replied.

Mason carefully placed the chests on top of the piles of wealth as Lord Broggon and Thelsea walked around.

Broggon explained that as the political and economic leader of the Kilaqen Empire, it is a crucial responsibility for him to visit the treasury on a regular basis, even if Xisona guards the place for him.

"I suppose that makes sense, but where is Xisona?" Mason asked.

Mason was suddenly embraced by a woman from behind. He felt her large breasts pressing against him.

"Hmm? You're kind of cute. You must be Mason, right? Broggon warned me about your arrival so that I didn't accidentally kill you," Xisona replied.

Mason glanced behind him and saw a beautiful woman with silver hair, a risque outfit, and a menacing aura. Her angelic looks suggested she must be the one in charge of the Treasury.

"If you know me, then you know I work under Secretary Thelsea. You must be Xisona," Mason said confidently.

As Xisona let Mason go, she smiled. When she reached a pile of treasure, she pulled out her sword. It appeared to be a corrupted holy weapon.

"Anyway, what brings you three to the Treasury? Do you need help finding anything?" Xisona asked.

"We are just dropping off some loot from our underwater hunts. Every underwater Titan that me and Ogis hunt seems to be rich. However, since these Assholes are usually S or S+ rank, I will be satisfied once we have killed them all," Broggon said.

"Well, Ogis is definitely powerful enough to pull it off. The only question is how long it will take," Xisona said.

"I mean, he doesn't speak much, but he sure says a lot of quotable things," Broggon said.

"It sounds great. Maybe I should leave here so I can assist you," Xisona said.

"Like hell we will. A yandere like you will never see the light ever again. Not after you killed all those women out of jealously...," Broggon said.

"What can I say? A broken heart is a powerful thing," Xisona replied.

"Well, since Mason has security clearance, perhaps I'll let him occasionally see you. It seems like something an assistant would handle," Broggon replied.

"Whaaat?" Thelsea exclaimed.

"Is that true? That seems exciting! I'd love to know more about him!" Xisona exclaimed happily.

Mason felt Thelsea hug him from behind as she stared at Broggon and Xisona. She appeared to be fuming.

"I won't let this batshit crazy yandere bitch put my assistant at risk!" Thelsea protested.

Xisona teased, "Is that jealousy I hear?"

"I'm sure even you can spare an hour or two for Mason," Broggon replied. "An order is an order, Thelsea. Either I tell you this or we have Lord Ogis tell you himself," Broggon said.

Thelsea pouted in irritation.

"Fine. Whatever," Thelsea replied.

Broggon nodded before looking at Mason.

"As a side note, Mason. I want you to come to our gambling session tomorrow," Broggon said as he placed his hand on Mason's shoulder. "You do not have to participate, but it's about time you got to know the Tenacious Enforcers."

"Who are the Tenacious Enforcers?" Mason replied.

"The 10 most influential leaders in the Kilaqen Empire," Thelsea said.

CautiousTitan.com

20