Volume 1 Chapter 20
4.7k 7 116
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Fisher, who had finally completed his mission could not wait to return to fish-man Island. This news had to be given directly to the King, a great change was bound to happen. 

Over the past month, he had been exploring the seafloor with Ezra, this gave his injured body enough time to recover naturally. He was grateful to Ezra for the rescue, but he never forgot the sacrifices of his brothers on the ship.

“What are your plans, Young Poseidon?” Fisher asked.

“I will be going back to the academy, I still have a year left in my training before an assignment out on the sea”, Ezra replied. “Let us meet again in the future, it would be nice to pay a visit to your old masters.”

Fisher nodded, he knew that due to his escape, the security around the slave grounds would intensify and the treatment of the slaves would worsen.

“Three years. Let us meet again at this same location in 3 years,” Fisher said. “Farewell my friend, it’s been an honour for me to meet the child of prophecy.” After saying that he bowed before swimming away.

‘I think it's time to return.’ Ezra thought.

Ezra started the long trip from the abyss to the academy. He dropped off the plaque at the Sea God temple, before continuing with the journey back to the academy.

There were now 10 days left until the start of a new academic year, Ezra who was soaked from head to toe was training on the open seas. During the rescue mission a few months ago, he felt his use of the Umi Umi no Mi (Sea Sea Fruit) power was very limited. To improve his strength, he knew he had to create more skills which he had been experimenting with along the journey.

“Water Walk” a skill that allows the user to walk on water.

“Water Collapse” and “Reform”: this was a more advanced level of partial body transformation. The user’s body is completely transformed into uncontrolled water before falling into a puddle. While Reform rebuilds the user’s body.

“Water Transfer”: this was a skill that allows the user to teleport through seawater. 

These 3 skills were the results of all the attempts he had carried out throughout the trip back from the abyss. He was currently practising water collapse, as he stood on the sea. In his mind, he imagined himself as a waterman from head to toe, before losing this form and collapsing into the sea. As his mind willed it,  his body responded, a crystal blue waterman was standing on the sea before submerging into the water.

A voice from nowhere called out “Transfer”

“Reform”

Ezra’s body was slowly built from bottom to top with water, before regaining his normal looks.

‘It looks like I made some improvement, I can now teleport anywhere within 5m from my initial position. Now I just need to improve this skill, soon it will become a formidable movement still to attack and retreat,’ he thought to himself.

The rest of the journey for Ezra was just a repetition of his training, instead of swimming across the seas he was teleporting, it was only fatigue that made him rest. He stopped off at an island close to the West Blue Marine Division where he hired a fisherman to take him by boat closer to the marine transport vessel.

 

“Welcome back, 

84 of you standing in front of me are the best of the best that the academy has trained to date, you have been through your baptism of combat and made it back alive making you Veteran Seamen.

Initially, this third year was not part of the academic programme. You demonstrated exemplary performances during your time at the academy, rather than allowing you to graduate as Petty Officers, you all will be allowed to prove that you are qualified to bear a higher rank in the marines.

The current marines need soldiers, combatants who have experienced the battlefield that know the risk involved. My advice to you would be to use this opportunity awarded by the academy to your advantage.

You are all Officers, all class systems are to be withdrawn. The four former yellow class elites will take on the roles of Team Captains. 

Each team will be made up of 20 Officers from the previous combat class. Instructor Q will be giving the rest of the information. I look forward to seeing your progress in a year.” The Dean of the academy said. 

Ezra was amazed, the Dean of the academy was the same elderly librarian he had met in the library during his time as a Cadet.

Instructor Q stepped forward “Dalmatian: White team, Warhead: Black team, Hothead: Red team and Poseidon: Blue team. The uniforms for each team will be based on those colours.

When I call your name head to your Team Captain representing your assigned colour.

001 Black… 002 Blue… 003 Red… 004 White…

Each team is as balanced as we could make it, either by the strength of your Captain or the strength of the team. Each Captain is in charge of the team's training, and well-being for the first half of the year. In the second half of the year, each team will be required to carry out supervised small-scale missions, before the final event at the end of the year. What do I mean? You’ll have to wait to find out, ” Instructor Q said mischievously.

Every student walked up to receive their new identification tags and uniform pack. The pack contained the traditional navy-blue trousers, waterproof boots, and marine face cap. The only difference was the shirt in the team’s colour. All those in Poseidon’s team currently held a blue shirt in their hands as they fastened their identification tag to it.

“Accommodation has also changed, since you are no longer apprentices you cannot continue to stay in the residential area here at the academy. 

A day's trip north of the academy, an island has been prepared for you to stay in. The north side of the island has been reserved for the White team, east, west and south has been reserved for the Black, Red and Blue teams respectively. All living necessities have been stored on the island and naturally grown produce is abundant.”

“Each section of the island will have a port base manned by an instructor assigned to your team in case any situation arises. I think that is enough explanation, how you perform at the end will be determined by how much effort you put in these 6 months.

You are all dismissed, head to the ships at the harbour, your training has already begun”. Instructor Q ended the assembly as he watched the confused officers make their way out of the training grounds.

3rd Year Begins - Looking forward to the comments :)

116