Volume 1 Chapter 25
4k 7 97
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Morning arrived, activity at the Red team’s villa was like any other day, although they were happy to have completed the training, the team was close to falling apart. There was no motivation amongst the officers to participate in the coming team battles.

“We better do as instructed,” an officer said to the others, “We should head out to scout the surrounding areas. The villa is surrounded by tall trees, which provides a natural defence barrier but making the area very shaded. We know this area but our enemies will find it difficult to invade.”

After deciding on what to do the officers ran across the area looking for signs of movement from the night before. There was nothing to report as they could not see any activities at the border or across it.

There was no sign of anyone crossing the border, there were some cut-down trees on the south side. “It looks like they have started making preparations,” an officer said. “Let’s return.”

The Red team finished investigating the border and the surrounding areas not realizing they were under surveillance of the Blue team snipers the whole time. If not for how much noise the rifles made, this would have been a perfect opportunity to reduce the fighting power of their opponents.

Upon returning from scouting, the officers briefed Hothead about what they had seen. 

“Very Well, what it comes down to in the end is the fight between the team Captains,” 'I might not have excelled in physical training but when it comes to using the devil fruit no one can match me’ he thought. “Make sure the intruder alarms are all connected. Whatever happens, you take care of their officers, I will defeat their captain.” Hothead replied full of confidence.

 

“Is everyone in position,” Ezra said to the defence group.

“Yes Sir!”

“No. 5 lead the flag recovery team. Wait for my signal.”

 

Ezra headed to the border to check on the snipers before making his way into the west part of the island. The thick tall trees reduced the visibility in the forest, wires had been connected on the border, this was some type of warning system installed.

Ezra made his way into the trees, after walking a few minutes in the dark forest, he could not tell exactly where he was or how far he was to the Red villa.

‘This complicates things’ he thought

Ezra thought for a moment before leaping up to a tree branch. Using the flexibility of this branch he propelled himself higher on to the next branch. By repeating this method on other branches, Ezra was able to climb to the top of the canopy of trees in no time.

Up here he could see everything on the west side of the island, including the clearing where the Red villa was located, about 10 mins walk north from his location.

‘A raid will not be effective because of the forest, navigating this forest will take time and reduce my team's power. I have to bring them to our turf’ he thought as he stood up in the trees, as the branch swayed with the wind.

Ezra snapped a branch off a tree, took aim at the bells on the warning mechanism.

Whoosh!

Ding Ding Ding

The sound bells rang out in different locations.

Ezra could hear a lot of movement coming from the Red base, “We are under attack!” someone yelled. He could hear Hothead give the command for 10 officers to find out what happened.

‘Not much but 10 should be enough for now’ Ezra thought as he made his way towards the snapped wires.

“I see someone over there,” someone said. Before he could finish his sentence a few officers already ran out to capture the perpetrator.

Ezra retreated without looking back, he knew by slowing down his speed, it gave hope to the pursuers. 

Arriving at the border with 10 enemy officers in hot pursuit.

Bang!

9 officers were covered in Blue paint, only one who was yet to come out of the dense trees was left standing as his knees weakened.

‘Shit, it was a trap!’ he thought, but just when he was about to turn around to retreat. He heard footsteps coming behind him. He felt a pain at the back of his neck as his vision faded, he saw the face of the so-called bad luck captain. The only thought on his mind at this point was ‘why was I not in this group’.

Meanwhile, somewhere along the Grand Line, a red-skinned fish-man swam in the sea as he made his way home. Fisher had swam non-stop through the reverse mountain which was a very fast current of water moving up the Red Line.

He finally arrived at a fish-man outpost in the Grand Line. This was the destination for all fish-men who decided to come up to the surface.

“Fisher, you are alive? How did you escape? How did you get here?” So many questions were asked at once.

“My story will have to wait, I need to head back to Fish-man Island. I need to urgently speak to the King” he said.

"Fisher during the 5 years of your capture several fish-men had been trying to free you. The latest bunch from the island which were investigating your whereabouts were captured recently amongst them is your friend and palace guard Jimbe. The ship carrying them should be a day's travel from here."

Knowing what would come of his friend and the others, he knew the horrors of slavery and didn’t want others to experience it because of him. Without waiting for the guard to explain further he swam in the direction of the ship.

“Haha haha, boys drink up! We made it big this time. Six fish-men should earn us quite a lot of money” the captain hiccuped as he slurred his words drunk.

“Captain, there is an emergency, the rudder of the ship has been destroyed.” A crewmate reported. 

Almost immediately another report came in “Captain, emergency, there is a large hole under the deck”

“Captain, emergency, the fish-men inside the fishing cages have been set free.” The first mate announced.

“Fancy meeting you here Jimbe, Can you all still fight?” Fisher asked Jimbe and the others. “ Yes, we fish-men are of a greater species…,” this reply came from a saw-shaped nose shark fish-man. 

“Arlong, where is your respect, you are speaking to fisher” Jimbe intervened 

Fisher nodded to Jimbe, saying it was alright before giving the command “Sink this ship.”  

A few days later a News Coo delivered the newspaper and received its payment before shooting up into the sky. There were two headlines in this newspaper.

 

BREAKING NEWS

Fleet Admiral Resigns!

Fleet Admiral Kong stepped down for Admiral Sengoku. The Marines victory at Oykot Kingdom was at a great cost. A lot of quality soldiers lost their lives in the line of duty due to incorrect information from a double agent. The Fleet Admiral has taken responsibility for this error and has stepped down for the next officer in line. 

Admiral Sengokus' first act as the new Fleet Admiral was to promote 3 Vice Admirals to Admiral rank, they are Admiral Akaniu, Admiral Kizaru and Admiral Aokiji.

 

A different breed of Pirate

Fish-men Sun Pirates who were active near the Sabaody Archipelago. The Sun Pirates' jolly roger was a simple flaring red sun. 

No one knew that this symbol was chosen as a cover for the branding of the celestial dragon known as the Hoof of the soaring dragon.

Guess Garp turned the Admiral position down!

97