Volume 2 Chapter 4
3.6k 10 84
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“You have all been surrounded. You will not be escaping under my watch.” A voice was heard on the speakers.” I do not know how you managed to free yourselves, but I know in 5 mins, I will be commanding my men to use full force in bringing you all in. Turn yourself in now and get a lighter punishment” the person on the speaker added.

“It's all their fault, things were difficult for us now, we have to suffer punishment because of their actions,” no one knew who said this, the radical group amongst the slaves were now getting ready to take action. ‘If we hand the fish-men over to the guards then we won't suffer too much,’ they thought.

Fisher grew uneasy, he could already see the plan which was based on the number of slaves being the same as it was 3 years ago. Only to find out that the number had increased by 5 times. He could only watch silently as a radical group who wanted their blood to appease the guards and the freedom group who wanted to do everything possible to escape.

When no one looked like they had a solution, some of the members of the Freedom slave group slowly merged with the radical group.

A young beautiful and 2 abnormally huge girls, squeezed their way through the crowd until they stood next to the helm of the ship. The girl leading the other two had a slim tall body. Her hair was long black and extended past her waist with locks of hair that framed her face down to her chin.

“How ungrateful are you all? The majority of us were taken by force from our homes, bought like goods at trade fairs, but what we all have in common is the enemy who had turned us all into slaves. Year after year we have been nothing but a game, a source of entertainment. Yet with every death, our numbers only increase. These fish-men have given us a chance to escape. Instead of blaming them where is your fighting spirit? some of you will rather be slaves than fight for your freedom. we should all be thinking about what we can do to get out of our situation and not pointing fingers” by the time she had finished her speech, this young lady was already in tears. 

Ezra knew the time was right, the infighting had stopped and everyone was focused on the young girl. It was time to resolve the situation.

“Find something or someone to hold on to,” Ezra said as he nodded in acknowledgement to the brave young girl. Her braveness had ignited a spark in Ezra, he decided to use his strongest skill.

There was only one way in and out of the docks, this sea was used to move boats and ships around Mary Geoise. The only problem was the slums were in between the ship's current position and the edge of the continent leading down to the North Blue. 

It was too late to make a grove to divert water from the sea, the ship did not have a working engine let alone sails and the guards who were watching the show would not let them make unwanted movements.

Summoning all his power, “TSUNAMI” Ezra summoned the entire seawater to rise into a huge wave as it lifted the ship, washing its way into the slums.

“Run for your lives” guards abandoned their posts as they ran for safety. Staying only meant being washed away with the waves. 

The slaves could only look on in horror, some quickly moved away from Ezra. To them he was a monster, how was it possible for someone to control the sea. The learned few amongst them knew it was a sort of devil fruit power but the application of it was just insane. Buildings were washed away, the place that was called the slums was now buried at the bottom of the sea.

“Water Dome”

This far in, the original momentum of the tsunami had started to weaken, after covering the ship with a dome of water. Ezra was overcome with fatigue, his control of seawater had improved but he wasn't all-powerful. A large crack has been created in the wall, but this will need to be expanded for the ship to fit through it, this was now the only way to the edge of the continent.

“Jinbe, Fisher, Marco, I'm counting on you,” Ezra said, he already had his hands fully occupied with moving the ship and keeping it protected.

“Jinbe and I should be enough, Marco you stay with Ezra,” Fisher said before diving into the sea

“Fire the cannons, STOP THAT SHIP” The guards that managed to retreat in time regrouped with heavy artillery.

Boom Boom

Cannons were fired but could not penetrate the watery dome shielding the ship as it moved on.

The fish-men swam to the front of the huge wall built to surround the slum. “This is our only way out,” Jinbe said seriously. They both got into a horse stance as they punched out simultaneously.

“Fish-man Karate: Shark Brick Fist”

Comment away

84