Volume 3 Chapter 6
3.1k 2 76
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“How long have I been out for?” Ezra asked as he slowly got up. The cave he was in no longer looked anything like it did previously. There were no statues, no floating orb and, most importantly, no darkness. “Was it all a dream?”

“No it couldn't have been a dream,” Ezra said as he felt a strange power inside his body. The power was flowing along with his internal Ki, circulating around his body strengthening him from the inside out.

“I guess the essence was why I had to be strong enough to protect my life before coming to Fish-man Island, even with my danger level Doriki it still took me a while to absorb that power,” Ezra said as he began his ascent.

 

Outskirts of Ryugu Kingdom.

“It has been 6 months since we last saw the Captain. Do you think he is alright?” Law who was currently training with the others asked. Out of all the officers outside of the Lieutenant Rank, Law had the most explosive growth. His physical strength has already surpassed the basic limit and was nearing 1000 Doriki. After 6 months of Fish-man Karate training, even the laziest marine on the Atlantis had a basic strength of 500 Doriki’s which made them all elites within their ranks. Shooting training was also a must on the Atlantis so officers rotated between meals and rest to shooting and karate training. 

“The Captain should be fine, we need to be ready for when he arrives. I witnessed some commotion yesterday in the palace. I feel like there would be work for us to do when the Captain gets back” Bomber replied.

 

Inside King Neptunes Palace, Ezra was seated in front of the King. His aura and persona had changed; he was more like the waves, flowing calmly but can easily erupt as a storm. 

“Prince Ezra, my greetings” King Neptune bowed his head towards Ezra. I see you carry the mark of a sovereign on you now. 

“A mark?” Ezra asked

“Yes, it's not a visible mark, it's more of the aura of a King” King Neptune replied

“Anyways, don't call me Prince Ezra, Ezra will do, for now, it's not like I have a throne, palace, Kingdom or People,” Ezra said jokingly

“Yet” King Neptune added. He wanted Ezra to know that it was only a matter of time before all those became a reality.

“What are your plans now Ezra” King Neptune was a bit uncomfortable saying Ezra’s name so casually, but he could not be rude to disobey the request.

“You don't have to be so uptight, I see you kept the Queen outside. Let them all in, what we are talking about is nothing secret.” Ezra replied

“EVERYONE COME IN!”  after the announcement the palace guards led the Queen and the children into the hall, they were followed by the ministers and then the Lieutenants who had been summoned as soon as Ezra appeared in the Palace.

“We will be returning to the surface. There is still a lot for us to do there. I still have a lot of questions, but I don't think I will find the answers I seek here on Fish-man Island. Thank you for the hospitality over the past 6 months...” Ezra's speech was interrupted by a flying rose, heading straight for Princess Shirahoshi. 

“Bari Bari no Mi (Barrier Barrier Fruit): Wall”

Shields was very quick in raising a barrier that stood in front of the Princess blocking the rose from hitting her. 

Hmm” Ezra who was interrupted by the scene did not know what to say.

“Yet another one, the last time it was a letter saying that Princess Shirahoshi has been destined to marry him and he was coming to take her as his wife. WHO IS V.D. IX?” King Neptune spoke aloud, he was so angry his nose turned red. He then briefed Ezra on what had been happening for about 4 years.

“Brains, see if there is any lingering energy on this rose, and trace it,” Ezra said calmly

“Yes Sir!”

“Omoi Omoi no Mi (Mind Mind Fruit): Track and Trace”

“Captain, I have found something, sending the information to you now,” Brains said

“Mind Door”

“Transfer”

“Hmm it's as I thought, we are dealing with a madman. King Neptune, does this name mean anything to you "Vander Decken IX"?” Ezra asked.

“That name rings a bell, but I cannot fully recall why it is so familiar” King Neptune replied

“What about the Flying Dutchman?” Ezra asked.

“Don't tell me…” King Neptune could not hide the fright in his eyes, it was almost as if for a moment he had recalled an important memory. 

“If it is him, he has returned as the legends foretold, we must be prepared for battle. Summon the Sun-Guard, the Neptune Army and the Palace Guard, including the Sacred Dragon Unit. Summon everyone. I will not let him have my daughter.” King Neptune shouted aloud in the hall, this shout was so loud all the fish-men and mermaids around heard him clearly.

‘Who was coming?’ they thought as they all swam into the town to spread the news.

76