Volume 4 Chapter 8
1.6k 9 46
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The wreckage of a three-mast repurposed marine ship could be seen drifting on the sea as if being carried by the waves. There was no one on the badly damaged ship, its mast was broken from what could have been a storm. Amongst all its damage there was one that stood out, the vessel was almost cleanly sliced into two. On the rear mast flew a jolly roger with two hourglasses to the sides of the Skull which had sideburns on its cheekbones. The drifting vessel soon made its way to the shores of a fairly tropical place, laced with palm trees, tangerine groves and rice fields. The simple wooden dock available for ships could barely hold this three-mast vessel.

A port guard noticed the commotion sounding the alarm. “The Krieg pirates are attacking! Warn the village!” the guard said as he ran into the barracks.

In no time a squad of guards were stationed at the shoreside of the pier.The squadron leader spoke out in a loud voice “Krieg Pirates state your business!”. But there was no reply. “State your business or we will fire at the ship” yet again, there was no reply. At this point a hand so skinny, like a bone wrapped in skin, reached out from the deck mumbling something almost audible “Hungry, So Hungry! Save Us!”

“Help?” This cry for help was enough to leave the guards confused. The Krieg pirates were famous for their deceptions and violence in the east blue, earning the title of the most notorious pirate group on the wanted dead list.

Squadron Leader: “Ok Runner! inform the chief.”

Runner: “We need food for how many people?”

Looking at the ship he yelled again, “how many need to be fed, on board your ship?” he asked
“200 people! We are dying, please help.” the voice replied.
Having obtained the information on the size of the enemy, the squadron leader retreated to the port barricades. Setting up their defence.

“Everyone Code Red. I believe this will be our worst battle yet. We need to use all Bellemere has taught us.” the squadron leader shook his head as he spoke, thinking of the severity of the situation.
***

An hour later
A voice came out of the shadows in the broken ship. “Gin enough of this nonsense, I want full ownership of this island in two hours”

“Alright, Don Krieg'' replied a man whose eyes were surrounded with dark rings, His open grey-white jacket lined with twin red sea-serpent designs hung very loosely on this boney figure.

“Chief! Report from the port. Don Krieg pirates over 200 crew. Ship too damaged to continue, requesting food and aid” the runner summarized the key points while panting after his long run from the port to the town.

“Where is Belle? I have a feeling she would not be able to hold herself back,” he said sorrowfully looking at the sniper tower overlooking the tangerine field.
***
Men, we have had our fair share of battles. Never have we suffered as much as we did in the Grand Line. The world is a mess at the moment! Now is the time for us to ride this wave. We will take over this island and become the rulers of it. Riches, Power, Women we will own it all. The true kings of the east blue are us. Gin said with a smile, the lifeless pirates got up one after the other excited for another adventure.

Riches!
Power!
Women!
Charge!

As a bunch of unruly pirates climbed out of the wreckage. The defence system set up on the island was activated. Civilians carrying rifles behind bunkers waiting in ambush. On top of the sniper tower lay a pink-haired lady smoking a cigarette.

“Ezra, it looks like I won't be around to see you cause more ripples in this world,” she said as she picked up a rifle with a unique scope. The black slick rifle had a cartridge loaded containing 36 sea-stone bullets. ‘What a waste’ she thought to herself, ‘to think he will even get a Ceaser clown to improve the standard marine rifle to this extent she couldn't imagine the growth the Atlanteans must have had under Ezra's influence.

She puffed a few breaths to calm herself and steel her nerves. ‘I am ready, I have no regrets in this life. I have raised two wonderful girls. How did gentle Nojiko become a complete copy of myself at that age? And Nami’s dream to explore the world… An honourable dream’

Bang Bang Bang

36 shots

36 clueless pirates fell limp with a single bullet wound on their forehead.

“Careful! They have a sniper!” the pirates yelled as they dived for cover.

Nojiko a law enforcement trainer on the island along with some of the civilians used the commotion caused by the sniper shots as cover to take out a few more pirates. The civilians were not on the level of a sniper but using guerilla warfare tactics, they were able to maim or cripple a few pirates.

After the 36th shot! A strange silence filled the village. Nojiko and the other villages could not help but look at the lone sniper structure. They all knew this day will come, their defender, teacher, mother and friend had spent her all to give them a chance.

The lapse in concentration of the villagers accompanied by the rage in the once again motivated Krieg pirates simply brought the village to its knees.
***
South of the island, a small boat was anchored on the dock. Its sails carried the words Delivery Service. A blonde-haired youth, dressed in a slim-fitted suit, smoking a cigarette as he jumped onto the island.

 

Hello All, It has taken me a while to get back into writing with the move and new arrangements now that lockdown is over. I must say even with all the plans I set aside for the story, it is still taking me some time to get back into the plot to continue the story. For those of you that remember my quick release time, this will not be the case going forward, but I will try to post new chapters regularly. Same as always I will always run a basic edit before posting, if you notice any errors let me know

46