Volume 4 Chapter 24 (III)
631 0 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“There are some people in the water ahead!” Ussop cried from the crow's nest.“They seem to be divers or a frogmen unit. They do seem trained. I can see their air tubes are connected to a vessel not far from our location” Ussop mentioned as he zoomed in on his latest gadget, the spyglass which had an inbuilt zoom capability.

“Let's get close, they might be locals. In any case, be alert and ready for battle” No 13 commanded.

“Yes Ma’am” everyone replied

On the vessel not so far from Adam, Captain Masira, a human with ape-like features, is wearing an orange-yellow jumpsuit, headphones and goggles. Could be seen standing on the deck instructing his divers.

“Captain a marine ship is coming this way” a diver reported as he made his way to the ship.

‘Marines? Coming to Jaya? Dont they know that this area has been taken over by the pirate supernovas gathering at Mock Town.’ He thought to himself before responding “Very well, real in all the divers. We must not be mistaken for pirates.”

“Understood!” the men replied as they started the machine pulling back the divers using their air tubes.

“Valo, go to the cabin and hide those items. We must not leave any evidence that we are treasure hunters” Masira ordered

Valo a young cabin assistant ran to the captain's cabin to take care of the items as instructed.

 

“Hello! I am Captain Thirteen. I noticed some divers active in this area. Are they from your ship?” No.13 asked over the intercom

“Yes! I am Captain Marisa. I am Saruyama Alliance who is in charge of actively cleaning out the ocean around Jaya making it safe for sea creatures. Hence increasing the seafood production in Jaya” Marisa poured out all he could think of as a cover.

“That's a good cause. We are in need of help from a local of Jaya. We seek information from 400 years ago. Do you perhaps know of the legend of an island in the sky” No.13 threw out the question as a test

“Everyone in Jaya knows of the legends of the island in the sky. We even see the phenomenon that proves that there should be giant people living in the sky. But all these are legends and folktales of the people of Jaya.” Marisa replied. “If there is one person that might have more information is the leader of our alliance. Sail to the port on the east side of Jaya. Seek out Mont Blac Cricket!”

‘Mont Blac Cricket! Does that mean he is a descendant of Mont Blac Noland’s No.13 thought “Thank you for your help, Captain Marisa.”

 

Getting to the East shore, Adam was anchored not far from the beach allowing the Strawhat team, Doc, Hara and No.13 to proceed by boat.

“According to the marine information network, Mont Blac Cricket is a pirate captain that disappeared from the world a couple of years ago. There was no word about his disappearance, even his previous crew had changed their allegiance after the last trip they made together. My guess is it has to do with this island or trying to solve his ancestor's dilemma with Jaya” Hara said after examining the information they have gathered so far.

Docs observation Haki had developed the most in the group. He could feel a presence approaching from underneath them.

“SOMETHING IS APPROACHING FROM THE WATER!” he yelled.

A muscular, middle-aged man with blond hair pop out of the water. He had a distinct large chestnut on his head.

Tch!” he spat “What do you Marines want?” he asked

“Mont Blac Cricket! I presume. From the last picture of your ancestor Noland, we can now confirm that the head chestnut is a hereditary trait of your Mont Blac family”  No.13 spoke calmly while surprised in her heart.

“Did you come all the way here to look through my DNA or are your here for another reason?” Cricket got alert, he already got into a battle stance while floating in the water.

“We came here to find out more information about Noland's visit to the city of goal. We have information about the island in the sky!” No.13 announced

Hearing this Cricket froze, his skin slowly turned purple as his breathing became heavy. Cricket could only watch as his vision became blurry as his body collapsed.

“Decompression Sickness! Get him to shore for treatment!” Law ordered.

17