Chapter 23
8 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Koy looked at the long line of Gorgans behind him through the wing mirror of his personal truck, they had to pass through the thin rocky road of Hons city near the Hons mountain.

"ok I could win us a battle in that desert but this is far from what I ever wanted to do," Koy said and moved his head out of the trucks' windows as he heard a sound of war truck tire goes BOOM and stops moving. It stopped the rest of the vehicles behind it "look at it, this a fucking mess" Koy whined again as if his words would change the situation.

"I preferred dying from the wounds rather than to be in your shoes, to be honest," Yorkka said as he read his favorite pocketbook looking all cold and stony as usual.

"Why are you so damn relaxed now? do you enjoy see me get tortured like this?" Koy said with a demanding voice but Yorkka didn't even bother to move his head and look at him.

"well glory has a heavyweight plus now you know why Gussar broke under it and why locked himself in his truck," Yorkka said calmly. both of them were shaking in the truck's seats because of the bumpy road god knew how many times would they hit the truck's roof with their head if it wasn't because of the belt seats. Yorkka kept staring at the pages like no big deal which made Koy wanting to burn himself alive he really did but he wasn't sure if there were sex slaves on the other side waiting for him.

"speaking of the boss you know how he's doing; will he be back?" Koy asked and wished that Yorkka give him just one good news so he can at least feel a bit better.

Yorkka shrugged his shoulders "I know just as much as you, boss"

"don't call me that," Koy said furiously

"ok" he responded easily and turned the pages on his book.

"what is it you are reading anyway," Koy asked out of boredom and curiosity they were riding for years beside each other and Koy knew Yorkka as much as he knew his father who left him

and his mother when he was five.

"it's a romance"

"a romance? you, the high raider of the Gorgans who all the raiders shit in their pants when they see, reading a romance book?" Koy looked excited as if he found a treasure chest and chuckled quickly.

"well fuck me, so that’s why you wrapped its cover with…"

"leather, yes" Yorkka cut through Koys' words and continued reading after giving Koy a brief cold look, it didn't stop Koy from asking more questions.

"so do any of your raiders know about what are you reading?"

"I killed those who found out" he answered, Koy laughed and then paused he didn't know if Yorkka was joking or not and the puzzling answer finally shut him up made him think if Yorkka would kill his raiders for such things.

The wooden billboard of Hons city on the side road made him realize soon they can invade Hons city finally what he wished for a battle some more fun and less acting as the leader. 

A fallen dead Eagleborn was near the old billboard.

"come take a look at this" Koy said jumping out of the truck

"What kind of a fucking freaks do we have here?" he continued.

"look at those hand-crafted wings," Yorkka said covering his nose with a piece of clothing observing the dead Eagleborns closely.

"does it mean they can f…" Koy got distracted by the sound of gun fires coming from the long chain of Gorgans caravan behind them.

"let's get on top of the truck see what's going on," Yorkka said and they both rushed for the short ladder on the back of the truck with their guns on their back.

Hundreds of Eagleborns catch them by surprise flying over them and diving at anyone who they could catch by their sharp metallic claws and would throw them on the ground or on the rest of the Gorgans.

Gorgans were separated into two lines on the road because of that tire accident that happened minutes ago and both high raiders

were on the smaller crowed and had to survive until the raiders get to them. 

Raiders kept shooting at them but it was hard to land a bullet on the flying Eagleborns with how quickly they flew around and to make things even worst the sun on top of the sky made them almost blind so most of them would just spray the sky aimlessly with their bullets.

"damn this fucking sun, can't see shit" Koy shouted as he reloaded his assault rifle, Yorkka covered him as much as he could. In a matter of minutes, Gorgans were falling from the sky and the sound of their guts and brains exploding on the rocks made a melody of terror and horror for the rest. Some hide in the cars but they weren't saved as a new wave of Eagleborns rained a bunch of handcrafted bombs over them burning whoever was beneath them. Goargans ran around like headless chickens how things went they wouldn't make it out of Hons lands alive but odds changed as Gussar and his war trucks moved from the side roads to rescue his high raiders only his trucks could pass through that fallen stones on mountain foothills. Gussar and his raiders took out their heavy machine guns and unleashed a hail of bullets over the sky. The sound of empty bullet shells falling on the rocks making a sharp ringing sound and the unfortunate Eagleborns who got in their way turned to chunks of meat their blood sprayed over the Grogans. millions of bullets were shooting at them, they couldn't even get close to Gussar and his heavily armored raiders so Eagleborns had to retreat otherwise there would be nothing left of them but feathers and blood. Gussar came back and he came back like the hungry wolf.

0