Chapter 26
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Gussar got back to his personal truck after saving the day with his heavy armored raiders with even heavier machine guns Koy tried to convince him to take the lead back, he begged him but Gussar ignored him got back in his personal truck shut the door, and locked himself in it again. He waited for Hira to help him take off his heavy armor before getting back to bed and drink himself to sleep.

"How did they react?" Hira asked him as she was loosening the leather bands on each side of the metallic armor.

"same" Gussar said coldly his beard was grown back with tangles of his sweaty long black hair falling over his brows he looked more like a drunk lone wanderer than the leader of the most powerful army of east or perhaps the whole world.

"they need you to come back," Hira said calmly with hints of exhaustion "I need you back Gussar"

"you wanted your revenge from southern people, your own people and I made it happen wasn't that enough. now leave me be" Gussar turned angry easily. As soon as the armor was loose enough he took it off threw it in a corner next to the machinegun and fell on his bed expected Hira to stay quiet as she usually did in the last four weeks unless it was about drinks he wasn't up for any little chit chats.

"I got my revenge that's right and I thank you for it but I didn't want to see you as this" Hira said emotionally

"like what" Gussar shouted angrily

"like a dead body slowly rotting right in front of me and I can't do anything about it" Hira turned red of a sudden and it was getting more visible with each word she shouted out even her dark skin couldn't hide it anymore. "I fell in love with a man who was ambitious, hungry, a man who fights the whole world for what he believed in a man who was respected and loved by his people, not this dead useless meat who is drinking himself to death right in front of the woman who loves him" rage waved in her voice and her southern accent made her sound, even more, angrier in a way she let all her anger out after four weeks of nursing him and looking after him but her patience finally gave out, Hira couldn't take it anymore. Before Gussar can say anything Hira grabbed whatever bottles of mead were near her and started throwing them at Gussar forcefully for that moment she really did want to land one of them in his face and hurt him badly.

One hit the wall and all the mead inside it pour down on the floor making the whole room smell of mead other one Gussar managed to dodge falling on the soft bed fortunately it had a cap on so Gussar didn't have to sleep in a wet bed though he did seem shocked by her action and at the end, the third one got him in the head breaking in his face making his whole face cover in mead and blood.

Hira was panicked about what she did she never acted like this before. She looked sorry and with slow steps got closer to Gussar to see if he was fine but she was scared for her life she didn't know how would he react since they never had a fought like this.

"I'm sorry my love I… I… didn't" she got close enough to see his face. Gussar sat on the bed with no movement in his face or his body just sitting still as mead and blood slowly dripping from his forehead down to his chin. He stared down and made no sound looking like a paralyzed person which made Hira even more worried. She tried to grab the blanket next to Gussar to wipe his face. Gussar right hand grabbed her arm like a snake grabbing its prey and tightly squeezed her arms she tried to free herself but Gussar forcefully pushed her toward himself and put his head on Hira's chest and started crying.

"I don't know Hira… I don't know" he said as a burst of tears fell from his eyes down to his cheek sorrow was choking his throat making him speaking weakly.

Hira was shocked she saw him cry and yell a lot lately but this time was different he wasn't drunk this time he sounded more like a baby who lost his parents in a park crying for them to find him. He released Hira's arm and wrapped both of them around her back tightly crying on her chest.

"I lost it again" he said miserably

She gently kissed him on his head and put her cheek over his head as if they both forgot what just happened minutes ago.

"you can make it right, you always do and you never have lost it my love otherwise you wouldn't go out there and protect your people. You've just hidden from it and how that old pig Orman betrayed, trust me everyone gets how you feel" she said calmly and gently she sounded more like a mother than a lover for seconds.

Gussar felt safe in her arms he could hear her heart beating in her chest he listened to it closely and wondered 'what would he do without her' he kissed his chest looked her in her shiny brown eyes as some blood was still pouring down from his forehead then put his head back on it again.

"can I say something serious my love" Hira said as she started smiling widely as if she was remembering a joke.

"what?" Gussar said. 

"I would've hit you so much sooner if I knew it would make you feel better" they both laughed for a brief moment and hugged each other back like two lovers who haven't seen each other for years.

 

                                                _ _ _  

 

Gorgans managed to enter the Hons city with no more sudden surprise attacks from Eagelborns though Gorgans could see them fly around observing every movement of them but they were safe for now. Koy was fascinated by the tall buildings of the abandoned city even with dust and dirt and greens covering its towers which reached for the sky it was still was far more beautiful than anything he ever saw before. For Koy it seemed people of this city had an obsession with height.

"pearl of the eastern empire it used to be called" Koy said looking at Yorka waiting for a response, all he got was the same old cold look on Yorkka's face.

"oh come on man you know this shit is exciting you can't deny that" Koy said

"I'm just happy for one night I can sleep in a real room far from you and truck engine sounds" Yorkka said and packed his personal stuff and left to find a good secluded room in one of those towers.

"cold fucking bastard" Koy muttered behind him as he walked away.

All he wanted was to get his sex slaves into one of those empty penthouses and have the biggest longest orgy of his life because who knew when will they ever see somewhere like this again but there were still dozens of trucks and cars that were getting into the city and he had to count how many they've lost in that surprise attack.

"fuck my life" he whispered

"all raiders bring me the counting results tonight soon as all entered the city" he ordered through his handheld transceiver.

He wished that he had Orman beside him for these boring stupid calculations 'he loves these counting shits' Koy thought but he took away all Orman had away and had him prisoned after they conquered Ironfort for his betrayal.

"guess another night then" he thought out loud and rubbed his hand in his bald head looking like a poppy that lost its favorite toy.

It took raiders about five hours to finish the counting that night and three hours for Koy to do all the math and get all the results they had lost. Over a hundred people and dozens of vehicles, non were war vehicles though which was the good news.

The bad news was that it was almost morning again and he didn't have any sleep at all but he slept as many hours that his duty allowed him then with two cups of strong coffee tried to stay awake for the rest of the day.

Yorkka opposite of Koy had a perfectly calm night near a fireplace a good sleep on a fine soft bed away from anybody in one of the apartments in higher levels of the tallest tower and managed to finish his favorite book for the fifth time but it wasn't all he thought of an idea making this place safer for as long as they had to stay here so he headed to the planning truck early morning.

"good morning asshole friend of mine" Koy greeted him as kindly as his exhausted brain would let when he got in the planning truck.

Yorkka gave him cold look but this time he felt some sympathy for the poor guy and he slightly admired his sense of responsibility for the first time.

"you've been awake the whole time?" Yorkka asked

"I had an hour of sleep thank you very much for asking" Koy said scornfully

"that explains the puffy eyes" Yorkka said frankly

"first of all fuck you and second I just had two cups of coffee to keep these fucking people in line so I think I know how fucked I do look right now" Koy said with a tired voice and frazzled look.

"go get some sleep I'll take care of the defense" Yorkka said.

Koy got surprised "Seriously? You mean it?" he gave Yorkka a wide smile.

"Please just leave with no more words" Yorkka said knowing he would make a fuss about it.

"ok man thank you, I love you see you in fifteen hours" Koy said and rushed out of the planning truck feeling like the happiest man on earth.

Yorkka followed him outside ordered the raiders to put snipers and raiders with heavy machine guns to get on top of the highest buildings in Hons city this way they would have a good view of the sky for any sudden invasion the only problem was the nights which depended on how shiny will stars and moon would be but Gorgans could be safe with roofs over their heads and guards watching over them for a while.

Raiders had to use the stairs since there was no power to move the elevators up and down in some cases it took them about an hour to reach the top of the towers but poor were the slaves who had to carry their heavy guns on their backs and bring them fresh food each day but things were about to change for them.

                                                                                                                          _  _  _

 

Orman was prisoned but his promises to slaves and growing the idea of freedom in their minds especially showing them how vulnerable Gussar can be when he hid in the battle of Ironfort made the slaves become bold. They started stealing handguns and bullets or time to time if they were lucky a grenade and hide it where they could grab on it when the day of freedom comes.

Orman actions were like a snake's bite doesn't matter if you kill it torture it or cage it, the poison is already spreading in the body and that body included every single Gorgan and they were already had so much trouble that seemed they forgot slaves could fight too, however as Gussar got out of his personal truck showing himself once again and getting back in his war truck only meant one thing, the alpha was back and things were about to change.  

0