Chapter 28
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the fifth year of the final war, five years before the battle of Zero eastern empire launched its first and the last space shuttle into space to remain near earth's orbit. That shuttle contained six precious passengers. Six healthy and perfect human fetuses in special freezing capsules, ready to open their eyes to life whenever eastern empire ordered to.

Of course, two astronauts, a man, and a woman were chosen to take care of the capsules at any cost for they were the last hope of humanity if the final war would end up seizing all humankind from existence which never happened. Five years later, the end of the eastern empire though happened very much and there was no one left to order the shuttle to land back on earth again which driven the two astronauts slowly to madness until the male astronaut killed himself which left the female one alone with the task that she wasn't sure if even mattered anymore.

With supplies shortage, she had two choices. First, she could try to land back on earth, the earth that she was no longer familiar with, and start everything from the scratch in a whole new broken cruel world or second which was to end her life just as the male astronaut did a year after the battle of Zero. So on the second year after the battle of Zero, the female astronaut ended her life leaving six perfect in every way fetuses alone to wander in the space until a meteoroid hit them and finish them once and for all.

There was one person though that profited from the tragic life of the female astronaut, which her floating lifeless body in the shuttle was as valuable as a diamond size of a heart.

Sloth the great sin of all lazy ass people.  That female astronaut body had everything Sloth ever searched for in a vessel for herself. To stay alone with no one to bother him and do nothing at all for an eternity.

Sloth always had a neck for finding the perfect vessel for herself but this time she really hit the jackpot on that. when she possessed her body with so much blood loss it took Sloth a while to heal that body again and healing processes as always was the worst part of taking a new vessel. It felt like being roasted alive on a very low heat which depending on the body's condition continued for three to seven days and with blinding pain wave in the body, it would feel like a year.

When Sloth finally healed completely she looked at the female astronauts' belongings, Sloth found her ID card. Name: Samira

Last name: Bahrami, she was thirty-nine years old and never lived to see her forties Sloth checked on Samira's' memories saved in her brain and saw what a beautiful life she had and how with all ups and down she managed to prove her strength to be the first female astronaut in the history. How Sloth loved this part to lurk around her new vessels memories and experience her feelings. Like the rest of the sins, they never had an original body of their own which always made her wonder how would she look like. Defiantly prettier than Wrath her older sister, she thought, but not as beautiful as Lust perhaps. These kinds of thoughts made her unhappy and she could only ease her mind with some chocolate ice cream which could not be found here but it didn't matter. New vessel new life and if no one interrupts Sloths peace she would experience live in Samira's body for hundreds of years and do a lot of fun stuff with it, even thinking of it made her laugh joyfully and changed her mood.

When Sloth saw the frozen fetuses she thought about how much of a perfect future vessels would they make for her brothers and sisters and they could all gather up once more and sleep here with her for a very long time but it would mean going back on earth and there was no more peace left in there so she preferred them to find a way to her and till then she can enjoy the absolute silence of the shuttle with a broadened smile on her face listening to music, reading books and time to time get out of the shuttle with astronauts suits and have a nice nap in the most adventurous way possible, just how she liked it.

But how naïve Sloth was to think peace would last long here.

She opened her eyes after one of her long naps a few years later to see millions of Enders coming out of nowhere on their holy horses marching toward the earth. She had to find the other sins, she had to tell them before they all fall asleep forever and it was not the kind of sleep she had in mind. 

 

                                                 _ _ _ 

 

Sloth with all Samira's knowledge landed on earth completely safe and sound but that couldn't be said for the shuttle, it was broken and some parts missing, in short, it was never going to work again. She checked on the frozen fetuses' capsules, they were safe too which was a relief for her those could still come in handy especially with Enders being here. 'who knows if they can find any dead body to take as vessels again so it's only smart to have some spares' Samira thought as she got out of the fallen shuttle.

She had the astronaut's suits on her it was perfect for any weather

like the snowy frozen damn lands that she landed on. As far as she could see there was snow covering everywhere, even the land was probably made out of huge ice blocks.

She knew she was somewhere in the northeast but how far from the drylands, well that could only be guessed. either way she was alone with no ride and miles of snowy road to pave on her feet.

She injected the six capsules in a heavy round-shaped backpack that was in the shuttle to protect the fetuses from the outside world and started doing the job she hated the most, walking.

"as snow

rains on me

I can feel the warmth

inside your heart

my love…"

Samira started singing her favorite song it was a classic, one of those songs that you want to listen over and over again, it really sticks in mind and never leaves for some reason. Walking with that heavy backpack on her slowly and steadily, day and night it defiantly feels like a never-ending walk for her, now with that song in her head it was just one bad situation to be in for her.

Sloth kept healing her vessel as she kept walking with her and she thought of those golden times of technology. Man o man everybody was sitting on their asses just eating and watching videos online even their jobs were to sit and push bottoms on their keyboards. Those were some golden times to be the deadly sin of laziness. She fed so much energy on peoples doing nothing and wasting their time to the point that she got almost as powerful as her brother, Greed for a short while, unlike nowadays.

With the final war seems like no one can afford to sit still and do nothing. Just like the early ages of the humankind everyone must keep working hard to survive which only means, Sloth has to take really good care of Samira's body and save as much energy as possible because god knows if she has enough energy to resurrect a new vessel. On the other hand, she had to find one of her kin and let them know about the Enders. So walk she did and the song she sang.

"as snow

rains on me

I can feel the warmth…"

 

                                                   _ _ _

 

She could see the pine trees in distance and she felt asphalt under her steps, such a wonderful feeling it was for her to not have her feet dive a few inches in thick snow and turn walking to a self-torturing which it already was. She never was more thankful for being able to walk normal again ' things we do for family' she thought that moment.

Snow still showered on her space helmet and she had to wipe the snow off of it every a few minutes so hopefully, she bumps into an abandoned car and can drive easily perhaps, to find out she still had quite a few miles to walk but less painfully and more hopefully this time.

Not that far away she saw an abandoned gas station with a market and an empty café and she did saw a few cars just being there covered in snow.

'guess the cold made these people leave this small town' she thought.

One by one she checked on the cars to see if they were still working or not sure she had to break their windows and try to start their engines like car thieves but that was the only way.

Before Samira go for the only car left she paused and stood still a bit disappointed and just to think if that last car doesn't work she has to walk for god knows how many miles made her feel depressed.

As she was staying on the road gazing at the empty flat road she saw a bike riding toward her very fast.

'who the hell is that?' she thought and tried to see if she can recognize him. A young blond rider with a pink and blue leather jacket.

"damn he looks hot" she whispered to herself "I guess I ended up having two rides after all" she mumbled to herself cheerfully.

He stopped his bike right beside her and removed his blue sunglasses.

"Hello Sloth" he said warmly

"Greed!" she was confused about how she couldn't sense his energy from far away 'probably because of using so much energy to keep this body alive' she thought to herself.

"How did you find me?"

"Well, that's actually Destiny's doing. She must've really like you to find you with this accuracy" GOAT said patting his hand on Destiny's light.

"Ok, no there is something I have to tell…"

"yeah but let me first please" he interrupted him

"How did you end up wearing this fine space suit?" he asked with a warm smile.

"Greed. I saw them. I saw the Enders millions of them marching toward the earth" She said as if she didn't notice GOAT joking around.

GOAT smile vanished from his face. He pointed at the café " I think it's better if we go there" he said looking all cold of a sudden.

Samira nodded agreeably.

The café must've been abandoned for a long while but this town weirdly still had power even water pumps worked well.

"you sit there I go check if there is any coffee left" GOAT said looking all serious.

'even now he takes the bad news better than us' Samira thought as she looked at the frozen wilderness outside.

As far as she remembered his brother would try to keep himself busy whenever they heard bad news so she let him be for a while and maybe he actually could find some coffee she had missed some hot cup of coffee herself too.

GOAT luckily found some coffee and started brewing it and meanwhile he thought about all the worse possibilities that can happen to his family if Noah doesn't build the ship in time.

'guess finding coffee wasn't that hard to keep his mind busy' he thought to himself.

A few minutes later he sat at a table with his sister with a wanly smile on his face trying so hard to hide his fear.

"Oh come on dear, I know it's scary you don't need to hide it from me Greed" Samira said trying to sympathize with him.

"it's prince Gaffi Quetro now or just call me GOAT" he said emotionlessly.

"and I'm Samira the first female astronaut on earth" she said smiling.

"I didn't know it would start this quickly" GOAT said locking his eyes on the dusty table.

"yeah it's the end of the world dear" Samira said and took a sip from her cup.

0