To the Victor go the Spoils. (1/2)
160 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Commander's Pov)

"If we offer him the Quen and the Princess as well as our daughters perhaps he will let us live after all they are all as beautiful as the female dragon."

Hearing this the bloodlust that was growing in the commander exploded, smashing through the wooden door with brute strength he turned to the two nobles who were speaking and snarled "Which one of you compared your pathetic Human women to the Queen of Dragons?"

"It was him, I sea----

"No, No, It was you, I Swear I would Ne---"

The commander grabbed one of them in each of his hands and squeezed, the sounds of bones breaking was the only sound that reverberated through the now silent throne room. Eventually, the pressure proved too much as the two noble's heads exploded over the floor, their brain matter coating their fellow nobles.

"Merra is not something you can compare yourselves too, she is all that is good in this world, I will not allow your stupidity to defile her purity."

Walking towards the shaking queen who was sitting on a dusty Iron throne, The commander said" You are sitting in my seat, I recommend that you move for both of our sakes."

The queen laughed at the ferocious-looking Dragon-Kin in front of her and said" I killed a noble for surrendering, why on earth would I surrender now?" 

"Ah, so the fat one was killed by you? A weak thrust like that should not have killed a man, the nobles here are all weak. The should have been on the frontlines, as much as the prince was an idiot, at least he had the courage to face his enemy head-on. I guess he got that from you then Milady?"

The Queen flinched at the mention of her son, subconsciously she glanced at her daughter, who had begun crying, her familial love for her dead brother overpowering her. The Queen switched back to the imposing man in front of her. 

"I will not surrender however my daughter will after you kill me, please promise a mother. Do not kill her too."

The man smiled as the Princess ran in front of him, falling to her knees, she spoke in a hoarse whisper,

"Please do not kill Mother, she is the only family I have left, please I will do anything."

As the commander was about to make his choice, the sound of charging troops alerted him, turning around he saw his infantry unit run into the throne room, then he felt a dagger strike against his scales. Turning his head ever so slightly, he saw the Queen holding the princess, in the Princess's arms was a shattered dagger, the iron shrapnel had pierced her, judging by the blood flow she did not have a lot of time left.

"Take the nobles back to the camp, shackle them in chains, you may beat the men here however any women or children form their estates are to be left alone is that understood?"

The Troops all knelt. Chanting" We march for Reward and Freedom."

Turning back to the Mother and Daughter pair, the Dragon snarled

" Now that was a stupid idea, how funny it is that you will die by stabbing yourself. A suitable death for a royal family who crossed me and my men should have just paid the agreed fee."

The Princess suddenly fainted from shock and bloodless, the queen scared beyond. words fell at the feet of the commander "Please save her, I will do whatever you need me to do."

"Surrender."

 

The Queen paused, her body began to shake as she looked down at her paling daughter, seeing this Commander laughed,

"We are not that different you and I, we walk a path somewhere between confidence and Suicide, you would rather die than admit defeat, that is the same for me. The difference is, I have the power to back my unwavering confidence up, you do not, you have someone you need to survive, that is your daughter, now choose, your confidence or the life of your daughter. Surrender to me."

"I surrender to you, the city-state of Vetusa surrenders to you."

The commander nodded his head and whispered" Merra, heal this young fool."

A bright white light phased through the top of the castle, the light wrapped the young girl inside it, the blood on her body was quickly replaced, the wounds she had sealed themselves. Her face became slightly brighter and as quickly s they appeared, the lights vanished.

Looking the queen in the eyes, he could see her determination and aggression veiled by her grief, a fiery woman indeed, unfortunately for her dragons are immune to fire.

"Troops cuff this woman and take her to the king's quarters, leaver her somewhere secure. Then 3 of you stay with her, prevent her from fleeing or hurting herself. Cuff the princess too, take to the civilian medical tent, she should recover after a few days rest."

The remaining troops followed his orders, turning to the throne, the commander prepared himself, it was time for the first Mutasis, his growth into a young dragon. His first right of passage, taking a deep breath, he approached the small throne, just like his dream and shone I'm, it set itself on fire as he approached. The flames dulled as the commander sat on it, the world froze as he made contact with the small iron chair.

An overwhelming yellow light filled the throne room, a large portal took the place of the light, an old woman hobbled out of the portal, seeing her made the commander tear up.

A small whimper escaped his lips, "Mother..."

 

Hope you enjoy the chapter, this was posted just before work, will be edited when I get home :)

 

 

3