The Plateu of Gods (1/2)
114 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Son, it is time, you will return with me to the other side, the place we all come from."

The commander smiled at the old woman, climbing down from the throne, he began to walk behind her, a few metres back as a sign of respect for the Elder Dragon, the one who birthed him.  Nausea assaulted his body as he walked through the ethereal portal, his sense of direction vanished, upon leaving the portal, he tripped over a small step, landing on his face. Much to the amusement of his mother, her small laugh, caused the commander to smile in return. 

His refuelled hair, he caught in his reflection made him laugh a little louder, the pristine layout of the temple they appeared in caught the Commander's eye.

"Mother where are we?"

A look of concern flashed over the woman's face.

"Do you not remember where we are? What do those statues mean to you?"

Looking to where his mother pointed, the commander noticed a set of four Huge Dragon statues to his right, to his left was another set of 4, the eight Dragon Statues were made from a material he had never seen before. Or had he? They called to him, urging him to touch them. As he unconsciously approached one of the dragons, a small plaque came into view, 

"Merra, the Wife of the Dragon King, Dragon of Life, Fertility and Love."

Looking down at the fire, he noted that it was unlit, touching the state memories that we not his began to flood his mind.

<Unknown, Unkown, Unkown>

<Merra's Pov>

"Merra Duck"

Responding to the call of the king, my body ducked on its own, the gain Arconid's Axe flew over my head, cutting off a few strands of my hair. 

"My King, we are not going to win this fight, both the King and Queen of the Aeconids are here."

That was the first time I saw the inner rage of the Dragon King, for the thousands of years we had lived together not once did he lose himself, the look in his eyes as the axe cleaved off one of my arms, after that the world went blank for me, I'm not dead however it feels like I'm frozen, locked in place with the Arconid King's Axe looming over me.

 

<Modern day>

The commander staggered away from the statue, fear had consumed him, the beings known as the Arconids stood at 7ft, their skin appeared to be made out of impenetrable hide, the raw strength they had, made them seem unkillable. As he turned to ask his mother, she spoke

"You have seen them then my son? The enemies of the Dragon Kind, what killed our fellow dragons is the Arconids, not whatever ones you have just seen but one, in particular, he is known as 'The Dragon Reaper'. The only Arconid to achieve a sort of Immortality. He gained it from drinking the blood of Dragons, usually, it would kill whatever drinks it, you need to regain your memories if we are to have a chance of surviving this time around. Please touch the large dragon statue in the centre."

Turning his head, the commander looked at the giant statue, it dwarfed the size of the other statues, the Dragon, was crafted out of a pure white material that looked a lot like marble, underneath, on a worn plaque, the words 

'Aldrucas, the God-King of the Dragons, in his glory the Dragons will rise, in his Hubris the Dragons will fall.  Once the supreme God of the continent, the war with Arconids proved to be his undoing, or did it?'

Were written, taking a deep breath, the commander steeled himself and touched the statue, once again the temple vanished as he began to flash through thousands of random memories, some of his time with a younger Merra, some of how he ruled the mortal races, others on how he won wars. The commander's brain began to ache due to the information overload, his body fell weak, dust flying up form the indent he made on the ground. 

Then suddenly the images froze as a  single memory took form around him, the scene he had seen from Merra's Point of view, this time from the Dragon King himself.

<Aldrucas' Pov, Unknown, Unknown>

"Merra Duck"

I screamed, as her body barely dodged the blow, I could feel our defeat incoming, thousands of years of warfare have to lead me up to this point, my first ever defeat, I thought that these bugs would die like the rest who challenged us. how wrong I was, I will have to use the final detonation, won't I? Everything I have built, I will not lose it here, my only hope, freezing the Arconids in time along with Merra, the power needed to do this will kill me, however, I'm sure I will come again sometime in the future, after all, what is a god without Immortality. 

Why? Why did she not dodge? Why did the axe catch her arm? What is going on?

 

My body has begun to shudder, what is this? 

 

Fear? 

 

Why am I scared? 

 

What reason is there for this?

 

I see you are hidden, in the corner of my eye.

 

I see you, Reaper.

 

Have you come for me? 

 

Finally? 

 

Good, my final gift, freeze down here, with your king and queen. 

 

Die with me, good old reaper, I will see you again.

 

Merra, I'm sorry but you will have to freeze here with them. 

 

I will find you once again.

 

I swear to you, we will be together again. 

 

"Activate the Dragon's Fury"

 

"Are you sure?"

 

"I have never been more sure of anything"

 

"See you again, my lord."

 

"See you soon, Metusa"

 

I can feel it, my divinity is swelling to an abnormal amount, You can feel it too can't you Reaper? I will find you again, I will kill you, goodbye world.

 

<Modern Day>

"Son, it is time for you to meet Matusa, fall the stairs down towards a cave near the lake, once there she will come to you. It is time for you to take back your crown."

 

Thanks for reading! Sorry for the delay, the next chapter should be tomorrow and the final one for this week will be on Saturday. Two reasons for the delay, I have launched a new book, check that out if you want to see my take on a Modern-day cultivation novel and I spent a long time (Too long) on trying to world build the story in advance, so it makes sense as the chapters come out. Again thanks for reading and see you tommorow.

 

 

 

3