Secret Valentine Part Three: Emotional Rollercoaster
88 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ash dodges two strikes and kicks back at the aggressor, sending them to the next cart. She gathers her thoughts and looks around, trying to find the device somewhere. Just as she catches a glimpse of a glowing light at the highest loop of the coaster, she takes a punch to the sternum. Trying her best to shake off the pain, she manages to dodge the sword coming down at her.

- Alright, no more playing. - The agent says, irritated. - I'm here to save innocent lives. Maybe if you leave now, I'll consider not kicking your ass.

- Please, I've read your file. Your little friend over there always carries you in each mission you're in together. Maybe you should scream for her help before you-

The attacker gets interrupted by a punch to the ear, getting disorientated before taking yet another punch on the same location. They take a jump back, hitting one of the ride goers on the head. Everyone else on the cart laughs, except for the unlucky individual.

- Woo! - One of them shouts. - I didn't know they had live performances on these things!

The fight continues. Ashley holds her own without a weapon, while the attacker manages to land only a select few hits against her. They knew they weren't going to last long against the enraged spy, so with a quick and desperate motion they grab a radio.

- Oh! - Ashley screams. - Look who's asking for their friend's help now!

- Alright, listen. - The fear in the attackers voice is apparent, although they maintain a battle stance. - Is it late to apologize for underestimating you or something?

- And she's not my friend, she's my girlfriend!

Ash runs to the enemy's cart and lunges at them, nearly making both of them plummet from the roller coaster. They hold on as soon as the twists in the track start, making it impossible to stand on the carts without falling. This also means the loop is getting close, and the mysterious person's backup even closer.

As the fight goes on, the carts shake and the wind gets stronger. The speed is picking up and it's starting to get almost impossible to hang on, let alone fight. Both fighters take a second to regain their breath, and that is time enough for backup to arrive. Ash doesn't get a chance to react before she takes a kick to the stomach and fall off the cart.

With fast thinking and faster movement, the agent throws a grappling hook that gets caught in the base of the last cart. She holds on just enough for it to start slowing down. They're climbing now, and she can see the loop right in front of her. She just had to time this right. Going back onto the tracks, she stares her opponents down, takes a defensive stance and waits for them to make the first move.

- Even with the element of surprise, you still can't take me out. Now it's time to finish this.

She takes a deep breath and focus on her surroudings. With a good grappling hook throw, one of the attackers have their hands tied together before getting kicked out of the ride. A well placed punch to the second one's face followed by a good grasp allows the agent to tie them up too, leaving both of them hanging by their hands and torso on the tracks. Both out of harm's way and without way of causing harm. This leaves her ample time to snatch the device and safely jump off.

- Hello? Cl- Agent, do you hear me? I found the device. Seems to be a signal amplifier of sorts. Are you safe?

- Oh, thank god. - The relief in the spy's voice is almost tangible - I am, I'm glad to hear from you. Moving out to rendezvous point. They might know we're coming.

- Good. Control, do you copy?

- Loud and clear. - Jackson takes his comunicator off - Emphasis on loud. Can you disable that device, please? Causing a lot of interference.

- Done. I need you to tell the visitors of the park to stay clear of the Tunnel of Love.

- Will do. Please, be careful in there.

- All we can do is try. - Claire says with a smile on her face - Can't wait to capture Abraham once and for all.


- Valentine, this isn't good. - Abraham paces back and forth, looking at the security cameras shutting off as the Ash breaks the device she had in hand.

- All according to plan, kid. You should really look at the bigger picture here.

- Yeah, my mug shot. Come on, let's just jump ship alr-

- Stop. Panicking. - Valentine takes a step toward the man, who flinches and backs up. - They're walking right into our trap. There will be no escape for them once they get here.

- Trap? Wait, did you set up something and not tell me? I like working on those.

- Nothing mechanical, no. They escape those too easily. This one is far more... Persuasive, let's say.

After uttering those words, the woman can't help but let out a loud, evil laugh. Abraham curses under his breath, knowing he will never reach such levels of villanous laughter. He was sure that both of them would be caught as soon as the agents found their way into the security room. Unless of course... He were to betray his current work colleague. With that realisation, he lets out a quiet laughter, more of the ominous kind this time.

0