First the Weary and Knowing
9 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

    He ran, bells ringing in his head. ‘First the weary,’ the people who knew, who had always suspected to there being more than what they saw, ‘Levi. Shit, shit, shit.’ Months rewound and those tiny messes that kept happened get didn’t seem so small and forgettable anymore. The veil was fading and he needed to let the others know before it blew up in everyones’ faces, before it blows up in Sara’s face like it did with Levi.

“Kade! Wait, damn it!” Kade stumbled as he stopped, Levi sprinting towards him, arms full of papers, huffing and cursing him.

“Wh-what the hec-ck. Why’d y-ou run o-off like tha-at!” He gasped out as he finally caught up staggering and wilting and red faced. 

“When did ya find out bout this Lev?” Kade grappled his shoulders and dots connected in his head and worry chewed like a hungry dog at his nerves. 

“When?”

“A-a few months back, I’ve be-en collecting *gasp*  these papers for a while now, finally found the right one. Just *gasp* before Clemintine’s party.” He managed how as his legs gave out from the run as Kade’s insides turned to ice. 

“Stra-ange things *gasp* have been happening lately, a-and I heard from *gasp* gran about something like this, and I went digging in the archives and found the newspapers by accident. I was planning on show you and Sara after I found more but then-then uh-”

“Lev what else did ya find?” He cut him off before he started to wonder what happened to him. Guilt mixing with panic creating a horrid goop in his stomach. 

“That’s what I was going to tell you stupid before you started running”

1