Chapter 10 – Administration, You Must Take Responsibility
77 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Note: 4/22/21 minor edits and corrections

Chapter 10 – Administration, You Must Take Responsibility

            In a place not part of the normal world are rooms dedicated to the world. Watching, and observing the on goings while prayers are cataloged in other places. But in one specific place here is a room where the bustle of everyone else is muffled and less distinct. It is in this room that resides a round table with a beautiful ball nestled into the top of the table surface. It would look like a colorful half orb if not for the unusual images that float by the surface of the orb before being pushed down by another image. Each figure or item shown in this orb has a very attention grabbing red circle encasing the image and is highlighted with a big “ !” next to it with the words ERROR DETECTED emanating from the orb. The Orb whispers the highlighted words Error Detected similar to what you would hear in a haunted house.

The person who is in the room isn’t bothered by this at all. Their beautiful lips are making a smacking and chewing motion. Letting out little “Mmmm…” and “yes, that’s good..” “Ok, just one more..”. A trail of drool has followed the tilt on the table and pooled on the far side. Occasionally she reaches out and touches the orb causing the error target to be projected over the orb. But this is creating stat cards and altering the text for the cards. Some things appear to be filling in automatically by the system, but her incoherent babbling is creating text that otherwise wouldn’t be there. Various items were given approval and entered the system. Different creatures were given approval and given unusual text like  Ability: “Yummy”, and Title: “Really Good”, or Note: “Nobody likes you, so gross”.

When this is happening another Error floated to the surface and had been pushed past most of the other errors. It was a big glaring error worse than the board with screws and bolts, worse than the firearms, and worse than a few extra planer entities that were mixed in. This error was activated and a big section popped up with lots of unknowns.

Origin: Unavailable

Title: Unavailable

Name: Unavailable

Race: Unavailable

Stats: Unavailable

Skills: Unavailable

Notes: Unavailable

Assets: Unavailable

The system ran a few cycles and recommended Origin as “outsider”

“nnnmmm, yea, it’s ok” she mumbled.

New Entery added Origin: Outsider

The system continued to run cycles and every time Unavailable was hit it would usually make a recommendation. And this is what happened.

Origin: Outsider          

Title: Dungeon Master, Perfect Little Sister, Cook Delicious things*

Name: John    

Race: Aurora’s Sister * error Aurora Outside World parameters ** error current status not recognized by the system

Stats:

Strength: Not Available           

Dexterity: Not Available         

Physique: Not Available         

Speed: 12        

Intelligence: 14                       

Luck: 04

Charisma: 10 +5 (title)

Perception:10

HP: 0/0 *no Physique

Energy: 0411 / 4,000 *error Energy will substitute HP until at least one point in Physique is gained

Mana: 0/0

Skills:

Magic Use 2,

Mana Use 1,

Mana Consumption 3,

Carpentry 5,

Construction 4,

Cooking 3 + 5 *error title not recognized (effects unstable, results in cooking skill unstable, please submit error to administration)

Mechanic 5 ,

Engineer 4,

Electrician 3 *error skill not in system and may result in additional system instability, please submit error to administration, 

Programmer 3 *error skill not in system and may result in additional system instability, please submit error to administration

Transporter (Equivalent driver) 3,

Unknown Equipment 4 * error skill not in system and may result in additional system instability, please submit error to administration

Unarmed Combat 2,

Melee Combat 3,

Ranged Combat 4,

Handle Animal 5,

Administration Permission mmm yesss *error no value added to skill ** error Skill not in system and may result in additional system instability.

*Fatal error occurred*

*Process Terminated *requires Administrational Assistance

Notes: Don’t want to work no more just give me a few more minutes to sleep.   *system detected additional errors, Please make corrections and resubmit changes to correct system instability.

Assets:

One more lunch box*error no inventory result in additional system instability,

A box of chocolate strawberries*error no inventory result in additional system instability,

Destroyed_Upper Ice Rock Dungeon

            Some time later after the name Aurora was called for many times and she continued to be at a blissful rest another entity entered the room. And with a furious ((Slam)) he struck the table causeing this lady to jump up in her chair trailing a line of drool to the table

            “I’m not at all asleep….  Just working… working like normal….” She unabashedly proclaims with slight slur from sleepiness. Promptly she wipes off the drool line “sorry lunch was so yummy” And she grins.

            A very tall towering man in robes like the sky and stars looks down on her seated place. He takes in the entire scene with her having drooled over the table edge and errors continue to fill up the orb as she clearly has an imprint of the table on her face.

            “Aurora, this is it…”

            “huh….”

            “You have been given warning after warning, our systems are going out of control and we need people who are attentive to help correct these problems. But you. YOU sleep on the job and not only are things not getting done at your station but I think some how you’re actually making it worse. We have started to get system errors now that have apparently already passed through our stations once only to have again returned becoming a worse error.”

            “But that doesn’t mean it’s necessarily my fault…”

            “No it might not be, but this is the last time you can neglect your job and not face any penalty for doing so. While here you can do your job cleanly and quickly. But you are not. You neglect your work and are distracted far too often. Now it’s time for you to leave.”

            “What? No! What’s going to happen to me? But I..”

            “No buts… it has already been decided. It is time for you to get down to the world and face the problems you cause. You are going to go back over your list of errors and fix it right this time. You cannot return until you clean up your current list and fix anything you screwed up while napping. I know you can do it even if it takes years. So Do your best and come home safe. Now good bye Aurora… Don’t disappoint us.”

            He stepped out with those as the final words and the room fell dark of extra lights as everything melted to the middle of the room and the truth hit her.

            ~SWOOSH~

            The room and everything swirled and spun around her. It sucked her in a whirlpool and dropped her out the bottom. The world and sky rushed past her as she fell for what seemed like forever only to be winded from hitting the ground back first. After a few moments she finally gasped for her first real breath of air. She manages to sit up and look around to see planes spread before her and trees before a mountainous region. A breath taking view a pristine beautiful nature at the finest. Snow capped peaks with huge vibrant green trees, but no one for as far as the eye could see.

BING!!!!

 She’s struck in the head and it made a peculiar sound as an orb the size of her fist bounced off her head and thumped into the ground.

            “Ohhhhh, ouch, ouch, ouch…. That hurt so much. Why would you do that!! Exile is one thing but this is cruel and unusual punishment.” She robustly complained while rubbing her head and backside.

            Aurora picked up the orb and brushed off her robes while trying to figure out what problem she should fix first. With a few turns and pokes at the orb she starts to walk.  Supple leather boots leave prints behind where she travels. Long golden hair flowed behind this lady in white multilayered robes as she strode into the distance. The robes fluff and ripple at her back while her work here begins.

            ***System update detected. Aurora found….  Updating…. Updating… Update in progress…

(Icon for System perpetually working)

2