Chapter 5: Starting
14 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

He walked and locked the gate before bringing out a ladder, putting it against the wall, and climbing it, and standing next to the gate. He removed some barbed wire then stood on the all, looking down the street. He took out a cigarette from his pocket, lit it, and let the cigarette hand in his mouth.

"Now the cool scene is completed." He said, putting the lighter back into his pocket. He didn't have to wait anymore longer before a message came.

[The period of protection has ended. You will be attacked by monsters, starting now.]

[Due to the extensive measures you have taken in preparation for the incoming monster attack, you have been assessed as being a highly adaptable subject, so the difficulty of your beginning attack has been increased. Also considering your gained power and your knowledge of the power, the difficulty will be increased greatly. If you manage to overcome this trial, you shall receive an equal amount of merit points for your efforts.]

"..." David looks at this massage before remembering something. "I haven't even tested my power... Well, I know everything about it." He said, not paying attention that it said the difficulty was increased.

Looking ahead of him, he saw a vast horde of zombies slowly shuffling towards him. There must have been at least five hundred of them.

"That number..." David said, with an open mouth, his cigarette almost falling out. "I wonder if I'll die here?" he had lost all hope that he could win while looking at the number of zombies coming toward him.

He sat and waited for the horde to reach him. Sadly, the broken tv screen on the street didn't do shit. They don't feel pain. Seeing this, he groaned. If he knew it was like this, he would have spent time practicing his smoke power.

He waited for more time for them to reach his car in front of his hate before smiling lightly. Taking out his lighter, he lit it and threw it at the car.

Some second later, a loud boom echoed through the area, the car exploding, killing more than 30 zombies. Those close that didn't die fell. Their 'comrade' didn't care about them and kept walking, crushing them. Around 60 zombies were successfully killed.

This was a small number compared to the 400 or so zombies remaining. If he wants to survive to see another sunrise, he would need to kill all the zombies. No. He has to kill them all.

David sighed. "Fuck it. Here goes nothing." He had decided to go all out on the remaining four hundred or so Zombies, despite every inch of his body and mind telling him to give up. 

'Shall we start the main action?' David thought, spitting out his cigarette. Drain Smoke.' He thought, moving his hand toward the smoking car below him.

The smoke from the car slowly flowed out of it and went to David's hand. It entered his hand and went through his body. Looking closely at his skin, you can see brown things moving through his body. He started shivering as he absorbed the smoke while blushing heavenly. 

All fugitives and injuries he has sustained in the past years healed and he became awake as he slept for days. Not to talk about his body getting stronger after absorbing all the smoke from the car.

"Intoxicating." David said, touching his face and grinning. He looked down at the horde of zombies that have reached his wall. 'Smoke Shot.' 

He pointed his hand at the zombies and a bolt of smoke and ember came out of his hand and hit a zombie on its head, killing it. He then pointed both hands at the horde and started rapidly firing smoke shots. Every second, more than 5 smoke shot comes out his hand, making him look like a human-machine gun.

After some minutes, he saw it had low effectiveness so he decided to go on a more destructive route. 

'Cinder blast.'

Smoke started coming out of his hand and then it shoots, dealing heavy damage in a small area. Many more zombies died for this but it is not much effective.

Seeing the zombies starting to touch the wall, he frowned. Doing this will just be him stalling for time and he for damn sure knows that once they start pushing against each other, they would bring down the wall.

1