2: Survival is quite Easy? (Unedited)
292 4 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"So they speak English huh? That's convenient.".

I thought the language barrier would be a problem. I'm happy that it didn't though, it would have a lot more to the problem. 

The girl's bleeding stopped but sooner I had to disinfect the wound and put some medicinal herbs. It was the only way I can heal a person without any medicine. Even then my trusty system is here so it wasn't a big deal.

I stood up and took multiple breaths. The children kept their distance from me but I could see in their eyes that they were just wary of me. Even then both were tearing up close to their sister. I couldn't help but feel pity towards them. 

I approached them nicely and introduced myself. "Hello, I am Sino Koe and Ummm I don't mean any harm.". I raised both of my hands so that they can feel comfortable in my presence. 

The girl stayed with her sister while the bot slowly moved towards me. He was still suspicious of me but I can't blame them. He picked up a stick 

" Are... you... sure?". The boy spoke in broken English. I could barely understand what he meant. Suddenly the little girl spoke. " Umm... Please don't hurt us. We mean no harm.".

Didn't they listen to what I've said earlier? That's right Sino they're just kids. 

" Look I can help your sister.!". I was disrupted by the shouts of the little girl. 

"Are you sure! Please help us heal out sister!". The little girl put her trust in me that quickly. The not however did more questioning.

"You...sure...you...will...not...harm or...blackmail...our sister?". 

Blackmail? I wouldn't do that. That's immoral and it wasn't in my principles. 

I just simply nodded to him as a response. 

However, I couldn't bring a body like their sister's in the long run. Instead, it would be better if both children stayed and protected their sister. However, they are defenseless on themselves so I decided to make a wooden spear. I grabbed a fallen branch and opened the crafting menu.

You can now craft Wooden Spear(1)

Light shone in my hands as the fallen branch turned into a wooden spear. I glanced at the boy and was amazed by my power. His eyes were glimmering as if he saw his idol. 

I'm kinda flattered though.

I slowly approached the boy and handed him the wooden spear. His jaw dropped and was willing to snatch the spear. He looked up at me and I said.

" Protect your sisters with this. 

By the way, what is your name?". He nodded before he replied.

"Uly..uses". 

Ulysses huh? That's a good name... I hope he won't fail my expectations. The boy is easily persuaded and that's kind of a bad thing. Also, it seems Ulysses and the girl hadn't seen the harsh world. 

They're kind of cute though, and it soothes my mind even for a little bit. 

I immediately prepared myself before going out to the forest in hopes of finding herbs. However, my problem was that I don't have extensive medical knowledge. I didn't even know what I did earlier was right but I doubt what I did earlier was a good decision either. Limited to my lack of knowledge I tried to stay for a while. Look after the kid and somehow gain a food source.

I removed my undershirt so that it can be used as a bandage. I checked the teenage girl and she was still breathing. 

" I hope she is not in pain.". The little girl said in front of me. I also didn't want to see a person die especially for a young girl like her. 

"Hey kid what's your name?". 

" Shiina, why did you ask?". 

" Can you protect your sister?".

" Can you save him, mister? I don't want to see my sister die.". She was starting to tear up.

" Don't worry I'll try my best!". Her eyes shone like the sun. 

It was fucking cute! 

She had messy blonde hair. Wearing dusty rags as clothing. I can only presume these kids lived a harsher life than mine. 

I picked up some wood to make a fire. I decided to open my crafting menu to explore it further. I clicked on the category tab and somehow it changed instantly to stations. 

Welcome To The Crafting Menu! What would you like to create?

Category: Stations

Material: Wood

Station: None

-----------------------------------------

Campfire

Workbench.

..

I can make a fire? Yes! 

Wait... What are the resource requirements? 

It was only now that I knew that there were still some things that I didn't know about my power. I figured that it's too focused on the creation aspect. However, I tried to hold the campfire text to see another interface emerging. 

Campfire Recipe:

Wood= 0/6 

I released my finger to see that the recipe tab was now gone. I quickly gathered some branches to see the results in making a campfire. I held all the branches so that my system could recognize them

You can now craft a Campfire(1)

"Craft!".

The branches on my hand disappeared in a blinding light. Suddenly something came appearing within my hand. There was a small miniature version of a burning campfire. Encased within a blue cube barrier that is seemingly made from magic. 

I was amazed to see it but I didn't know how to place it on the ground. Does it just grow to a normal size or do I need some magic spell to do it. 

I had to experiment with it. 

" Uhhh, Place?.".

I wasn't sure about it but I didn't expect it to work. The campfire grew in size to a size of a normal campfire. It was even lit which was amusing. 

Ulysses whom I never thought would be watching at the side was amazed at what I did. I felt like his admiration grew further.

" Now that I think about it. There is the workbench, maybe I should try working on that".

I checked the recipe and it was surprisingly a cheap resource.

Workbench recipe

Wood: 0/13

Knowing I can make any items from this. I grouped up some wood that can be collected from the ground. In such a short time I was able to gather them up.

" Now I can make more proper tools!". 

Workbench can now be crafted.

"Craft!".

New Items can now be crafted!

I can now craft clay pots and other many crafting stations. Now that I can utilize many more items reaching civilization would be of reach...

Now my only problem would be food. I figured that there might be some freshwater fish that I could gain on this river. Then suddenly my stomach growled. 

I was starting to get hungry. I observed the river and saw some fishes swimming around the area. My trousers were already wet so I decided to catch some fish. I picked up the spear I dropped earlier and went to the river. I was focused on catching a single fish.

The water was at hip level knowing that I would need to get soaked I removed my jacket and threw it on the ground. I held my breath and dove into the water.

Now... Where are the fishies? 

My spear was ready to be used until I saw one freshwater fish. I raised my spear aiming for the incoming fish. Jabbing straight to it, killing it directly. The fish was yellow and had a length from elbow to the arm. It was big and enough to feed four of us. 

New items can now be crafted!

Yes! I don't have to cook manually. I am so shit at cooking I'd rather eat a durian.

Also, to be honest I am quite surprised that I managed to do that. If so thank you gods of plot armor for giving me this beginner's luck.

I ascended underwater and came back to the riverside. I went closer to the campfire and opened the crafting menu just by thinking. I changed the category to food and saw that I can now cook fish

Welcome To The Crafting Menu! What would you like to create?

Category: Food

Material: Fish

Station: Campfire

-----------------------------------------

Roasted Trout

Half-Cooked Trout

Smoked Trout

...

I quickly cooked the smoked trout. However, it was so hot that I dropped it on my wet trousers. Luckily it did not reach the ground. Ulysses went closer to me and was staring at the smoked fish that I got.

The fish was already cleaned and ready to eat. I stared at Ulysses and wanted to eat the trout. 

"Hold up kiddo, it's not just for you.". Even then his happy face never went away. Now, this is a peculiar child. Even then I don't know his age so I decided to ask him.

" What's your age?".

"Ten...". 

I'll just assume that's the age of the other girl. Anyways I offered the trout to the others. I kept closer to the children and became a little bit closer. However, there was a lingering problem crawling up to my mind. It was the health of their sister. I may not know them but they are the ones that know about this place. 

At this rate, I had to make efforts on finding medicine for their system. Even just herbs that could help me later on. 

" Hey, little girl? Could you help me?". I asked Shiina if she was willing to answer a question. She nodded as a response.

" Do you know this place?". 

" We got lost... My sister helped us fight monsters. We were fleeing from the demons. We don't know much...".

Truly a fantasy world I got myself into. Demons huh? So they exist here. Too bad they got separated but I think their sister can help me. 

" Umm thanks! I am going to go back. I have to collect some herbs for your sister. Let's eat some fish you want?". She nodded and we munched on the fish. They felt enjoyment and gasped in each bite. 

"This fish is good, mister!". 

"Delic...ious!". 

Both Shiina and Ulysses were satisfied. We left some parts of the tail for their sister. I reminded them again and again to protect their sister. From then I was ready to leave.

" I'll come back before afternoon!". I waved my hand before saying goodbye to them.

"So where do I start?".

I wore my jacket and hurriedly went on to the forest in search of anything I can determine as healthy. With the help of my system, my goal was to be able to gather some herbs and mushrooms that were recognized by my crafting menu. On the way, I marked many trees to keep me from getting lost. 

" That should keep me from getting lost!". 

I picked up what I think is effective in dealing with wounds. I foraged groups of white flowers and some mushrooms." I think that these are pretty healthy!". I used my intuition and luckily they were recognized by my crafting menu.

New Items can now be crafted!


Welcome To The Crafting Menu! What would you like to create?

Category: Medicine

Material: Herbs

Station: None

-----------------------------------------

Yarrow Tea

...

I came back to the river before afternoon. 

However, I was greeted with hostility.

"Intruder!". 

A wooden spear almost struck me in the head. My deadass was scared only to look at them as children. 

" It's me!".

"Mister! We're sorry we tried to kill you!". Shiina apologized rapidly.

" How is your sister by the way?". 

" She is still holding up.".

" Right... Let me help her.". I felt that I had to make this treatment a little better than before. 

I removed the bandage. I placed the crushed herbs on the stab wound. I cleaned up the bandage before covering it.

"She's still ok... But I am not sure she will wake up at any moment...".

Shiina who was smiling dearly held her sister's hands. 

"Umm, Mister? May I ask who you are?".

Who Am I? My name is Sino Koe, right?

...

...

...

Who Am I!??

So my time got constricted suddenly... I may be posting fewer chapters this week.

Anyways Enjoy your time!

10