3: Identity, Stones, and Baskets (Unedited)
252 4 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Who am I?

This was a question that had been lingering in my head since the start of the afternoon. I knew my name and my origin but for some reason, I feel something was lacking in me. Ah, I knew it. I had my memories…

Now it is gone but for some reason, I feel the sense of melancholy. What happened to me in the past?

I hate losing my memory but my well-being comes first.

…….

"It's hard to get a single fish!". I spent about 2 hours catching fish on the river. In the end, it was meaningless since most of the fish evaded my spear. It looked like we're not going to eat something for the night. I am just thankful the Gods of Plot Armor gave me beginner's luck.

I ascended on the river glancing back at the children. They were disappointed of course but accepted the circumstances faster than me. I came back to the ground and dried myself.

Shiina approached me and asked." I haven't heard your name mister?". 

" Sino Koe.". I answered back. 

"Ooo, Where do you live mister? Do you live on the Arnel Continent?". 

Arnel Continent? So this is where I am. I may need to ask Shiina about more. 

" Arnel Continent? Is it here?". 

" Ummm, No… The Arnel Continent is far to the west. Do you perhaps live in this new land?". 

New land? Does this mean this place is still unexplored? Are these people settlers? I have to ask!

" Umm are you a settler? or is it something else?".

Shiina's usual happy atmosphere had gone grim. It seems to me that she lived a horrible life back on that continent.

" We're just refugees.". 

So they are refugees. I can guess that all three of them left their continent to avoid some sort of disaster.

" From what?".

She did not speak… she stared on the ground and slowly tears started going down from her eyes. I knew she was crying. So there must be something bad that happened during their time in the Arnel Continent. 

"I'm sorry… for asking.". 

Ulysses immediately came to me and pointed his spear. " Woah! Ok I did not mean harm to your sister.". His eyes were glaring at me. As if it was piercing through me. 

" It's alright Ulysses mister didn't mean any harm.".

He lowered down the spear and comforted his sister.

I distanced myself away from the children. I kept to myself to never ask many more sensitive questions. 

I came closer to the workbench and used the crafting menu.

Welcome To The Crafting Menu! What would you like to create?


Category: tools

Material: Wood

Station: workbench

-----------------------------------------

Club

Stone Axe

Stone Knife

Rope

Bow

Slingshot

Sling

Cordage

..

New tools were added to my crafting menu. Most of which require more materials. For the first time, I wanted to use stone-related tools to try hunting some animals.

I gathered the necessary materials and quickly made a group of tools I can use. 

You can now craft Stone Knife!

You can now craft Stone Axe!

You can now craft Rope!

You can now craft Bow!

In less than a minute, the system managed to create the necessary tools. 

With the stone axe in my hand, I tried to test it out. I tried to swing it on a nearby tree and surprisingly it was effective. Although it was a small cut. The sharpness was great but some parts had chipped away. 

With the night coming we started to sleep. I kept my distance from the family. I made a new campfire so that we can sleep nicely. After minutes of trying to keep the fire alive, I fell asleep on the ground. 

It was uncomfortable

…..

Morning creeped out.

The flowing water of the river was the only thing I could hear. The children were quiet…

They're quiet??

I instantly pulled my body up and saw that the children were under someone's back.

I saw that she had woken up. Their sister held both Shiina and Ulysses to protect them. "Who are you! What did you to my siblings!". She pointed the two wooden spears at me.

" Relax Relax… I did nothing.". I raised my hand to prove my innocence.

" Sis! Mister did nothing wrong! He was trying to help us!".

" Shiina! Did I ever tell you, again and again, to never trust strangers that easily! You too Ulysses!".

" But.. He tendered your wounds.".

" My what? Wounds?".

She looked at her torso and saw the bandage covering the stab. She touched and felt the herbs put inside.

" See I'm completely innocent!".

" Shiina you should'a told me earlier!". Their sister felt embarrassed. Her face became bright red and felt sorry for the hostility she displayed. "Forgive me… I just acted out of instinct.".

" It's alright I can see why. So umm what's your name?".

" Anya… what's yours?".

" Sino Koe.".

Anya was slightly flustered. "Are you perhaps a noble?".

 " No why?". 

" Ah, I see… pardon me for what I did earlier. It seems I am clueless about what happened.".

I had to ask if she knows this land. Shiina already told me that this was not their home perhaps I can meet other refugees and gain a stable life here. " Sooo… do you know this land?".

" This? I don't know much. We just arrived in the new lands a week ago. Then we got attacked by savage primates that reside on this continent.".

Savages huh? Looks like I need to keep my eyes up when exploring. 

" Where do you live?". She asked.

" I'm sorry I don't remember. By the time I woke up I was already lost.".

" I see so umm, what do you do?".

" Surviving at the moment. I also got some pretty nifty skills in reach too.".

" You do magic? That's good…". At this point, the conversation was dragging out. I had many plans for the day and I was not willing to waste any more time. 

" Do you know how to catch fish with a spear?". 

" Yeah, you want me to catch some? It's pretty easy you know?". 

Pretty easy?

" Umm, I'm not used to this type of life you know?". 

" I see then I accept your offer. To repay the favor of helping me and my siblings.".

I gave her my wooden spear and removed her rags.

Oi Oi Oi don't let your carnal desire take over! 

I looked away flustered. She dropped her clothes into the rocks and dove into the water. 

After a while, I thought she had drowned until she came rising into the water. She had managed to catch 2 fishes. Big ones at that! 

" Yes!, it looks like we have something to eat for the day.". I grinned as my worries lessened. 

She gave me the two fish she caught. The fishes were the same species that I caught yesterday. Trout might be abundant in his river.

I smoked them with the help of the system. I gave on to the others for eating while I snuck the one into a stick for later purposes. 

We had a great time this morning and were happy that we got to eat something. Anya and her siblings were having a great time together. She had been bonding with them. Playing sticks, stones, or whatever thing they could find. I felt happy seeing the happiness of others.

"It's desiring.".

Wait… why do I feel jealous about this! Remember you're just a normal man who prioritized living a stable life.

I slowly ate my portion of the smoked trout while thinking of future problems. One such thing is my lack of memory and of course the lack of storage.

Placing the smoked trout on the stick felt uncomfortable for me and my lack of memories prove that my transmigration is behind another force. However, my current problem as of now would be storage. As such, I concluded that I should make a storage area or just something to put the other items in. I tampered with the system settings and thus my answer had shown.

Welcome To The Crafting Menu! What would you like to create?

Category: Storage

Material: Anything

Station: workbench

-----------------------------------------

Small basket

Basket

Clay Jar[Rough]

..

" Clay jars should be the only thing that can hold food. Baskets can be quite good for carrying.".

While I was in the middle of gathering materials. Ulysses pulled my jacket. 

" Mister… are you… going to… use mag-ic?... Can you… teach me.".

" Sorry kid, you can't even I don't know how I can use this power.".

I hope that I could meet the person who gave me this power. Maybe question him about myself and my purpose in this other world. Even then my priority was to live so maybe it can wait.

Ulysses was saddened to hear my words yet I patted him in the head and comforted him.

" Even though you can't, I can say you can do better things than I do so don't feel sad.".

"Ooo.". He looked up to me as if I was an idol. 

" Want to help me pick up some ground?".

He nodded profusely.

I and Ulysses decided to head to the other side of the riverbank. Crossing the river while the sisters watched us from afar.

There we found clay a necessary material for the creation of our jar. Both of us gathered what we could and swam back to the other side. 

" I never thought you could swim with a load on your back!". I was impressed by Ulysses.

We headed straight to the workbench where we laid the clay. 

You can now craft Clay Jar [Rough]

Once we were done I placed the trout in the jar. 

"I never expected it would come with a cover. Well that's neat.". 

Thus my food protection was a success now. A large one at that. 

" Now then it would be interesting to make a basket. Well Ulysses wants to help me?". 

"Yes…".

We came inside the forest in hopes of finding the necessary recipes. Of course, we informed Anya about it too.

" No! Don't bring him into the forest, there are monsters there!".

" Don't worry I already entered deep into it!". I tried to reason with Anya. Even though I was doing something wrong I still tried to reason.

" No!". 

It was a shame… So I left Ulysses with her sister where he was safer. 

" Sigh*, it's alright he is a kid after all. After knowing that there might be dangers in this land it would be the right thing to do. 

I checked the recipe.

Basket Recipe

Straw: 0/12


I had to find straw plants. However, in this forest, I can hardly find one. Having only a few of them I decided to explore the forest more. I heard the rustling sounds of bushes nearby. I marked the trees so as not to avoid them and immediately went there

"Wow! This is a beautiful field!". 

I can't help but gasp in amazement. There were many straws scattered across the field but in the distance, there was something I could see 

I did not mind it at first but once they became many It had captured my attention. They looked like a closer relative of the primates

" Holy shit! I oughta hide!". 

I gathered the necessary material before heading back from where I came from. Luckily the marks that I wrote on the trees led me to the river. I went closer to the workbench

You can now craft a Basket!

"Craft!". 

The basket was done and can now be used for gathering many more materials. Anya went close to me and said. " You can make things on a whim? Are you sure your, not a noble no… a master craftsman?".

" I'm just built differently just like you are… hey you said that there are savage primates in this land right?".

" Yeah, they attacked most of the refugees here. The worst part is that they are carnivores. Why do you ask?".

" Umm yeah, I just saw a group of them.".

" A group! How many!". 

" I can say 5-10, I don't know. What do we do? Do we fight or flee?".

" I don't know. They are strong I groups since they have an intelligence closer to a human, elf, or dwarf".

"Let's try to fight them don't you agree? Besides, we have time to prepare since you have a good craftsman in front of you!".

" Ok…".

Yeah, we have "time".

2,000 words

So basically my upload schedule will be:

Monday, Wednesday, and Friday

However, I have a 40-60% chance of posting while during:

Tuesday, Thursday, Sunday

Anyways have fun!

11