6: Refugees
167 3 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Why am I here? 

What is this dark place?

Why am I shining?

Am I Floating?

Wow… I really can't see anything. This place is full of pitch-black nothingness. Nothing to see of worth.

.

.

.

.

.

Huh?

Who's that?

Wait… is that me?

!?!!!?

How can I do such an Immoral thing?! I will never do that!

Huh?

Who are you?

What's a bright person doing here? I hope he doesn't harm. 

Why is he going closer? 

Who are you?

.

.

.

.

Who are you?!

Hey! Hey! 

 Don't go closer! What are you doing! Stop! Don't touch my head!

Get away from me!

OOOOOOOO!

"AAAA!". I woke up abruptly screaming. 

Sweat was running down my body and the bizarre experience I had back in my sleep. 

My heart was pumping, I was scared of what had happened. I touched my head to see if they are any changes. 

There was nothing worth mentioning other than a rag that was bandaged in my head. I observed my body to realize I have many bandages.

" Did I survive? Hahahaha! Great!". I was happy to see the world once again. I didn't want to enter my dreams to which I felt scared. 

I checked my body to see the other places where my body was dealt with. " So I had massive hits on my abdomen. Luckily I didn't lose that much blood.".

I felt relieved that I wasn't in hell or heaven. I tried to stand up however I found it hard to…

Now that I think about it… Am In a tent?

I touched the A-Frame tent made up of animal skin. " Am In contact with other people?".

Congratulations! You have unlocked A new feature! You can now access your inventory!

Inventory? Fucking hell yeah! Now I don't get to carry many items!

I checked the Inventory. 

Welcome To the Inventory!

Category: All

You Currently Have no Items

As expected.

" Hey! Who's there?". A female voice rang into my ears. 

" Sino you woke up!". Then many unfamiliar faces ran into the tent. I'm glad to be back to civilization.

" Where Am I?".

" We're still at the river. Rather a group of other refugees joined us.".

" What?! This place is dangerous, we have to escape this area.".

" Don't need to, there is a scholar with us. He said that those primates won't come back since we presented our dominance. Besides we pretty much killed most of the primates who ruled the area.".

That's great but I doubt that we would be safe. I'd talk with that "scholar" person sooner or later. 

" How long have I been down?". 

" You've been sleeping for a week now!".

" No Attacks?". 

" None!". 

" Well, that's great but can you help me?". 

" What? standing up?... Right, you can't but I owe you one anyway so c'mere". 

I raised my hand barely even having a foothold. I seem to have some stabs in my legs as well.

" Hey? Who healed me?". 

".... He's dead.".

" What why? Did you force him?". 

" No, it's on his own volition.".

Once I got outside of the tent, I was slightly surprised by the change of the area. There were tents scattered all across the area. With people examining the opposite riverbank. 

" I can't believe this place turned into a campsite pretty quickly. Even my workbench is occupied! How many people came?". 

" 21 to be exact, refugees who are capable in farming found the other side to be fertile. I mean there are fewer trees on the other side. However, the bushes dominated the soil.".

"Where's the twins?".

" Playing with the other kids. Come I'll let you meet their group's leader.".

We got inside a medium-sized tent. Made from the same material as earlier. A man in a brown robe stood in front of a table. 

" I'll just warn you, He is kinda cold.".

So he is that kind of guy huh? A person with a cool atmosphere and a cold heart. If it is then I would not like him very much. Then again people like them tend to be competitive in their own right. In the end, I got nervous.

I sat in a nearby chair where I sat beside the table. With the help of Anya, I managed to sit down properly. However, she left hanging as she immediately left the tent. Now I am faced with this awkward situation.

" Ummmm.".

" What's your name?". 

" Sino Koe.".

He is direct. In a situation such as running away from their homeland. Yeah, They have the right to be worried.

" So what nation do you reside in? Is it the Nation Of Parks? That woman who brought you here today said that you have a skill for crafting. I do wish to see it first hand.". 

" I am going, to be honest with you. I don't know, my memory is incomplete. I can't remember my family and my home.".

Cold huh? Is Anya just joking with me? Even then at least that blatant lie worked.

" I understand and I can tell you're not lying.". He fixed his brown hair backward. He leaned down to pick up a piece of wood. 

" I heard you can make things, Here make something from this piece of wood.".

You can now craft Wooden spear!

"Craft!".

I showed him my abilities. His eyes widened to his surprise. He had a face of disbelief and relief. 

" It seems that our healer's sacrifice is worth it. You're capable, I applaud you for having the skills to do so. Now you can rest for a bit and watch outside.".

" Hold on what's your name?". 

" Epifanio Garde, It seems I haven't introduced myself.". He bowed down with finesse.

" I am a scholar of the Magnolian School Of Magical Arts. You could simply say I am a mage.".

" I see nice to meet you.". We had a handshake before I left the tent. Of course, I had a hard time doing so but I slowly got used to it.

I am quite delighted to see they aren't your simple arrogant humans portrayed in light novels. 

Now my priority would be making metals. If ever Anya brought back some materials or I could Epifanio but it would be very shameless of me to do that.

After a while, I managed to reach Anya." I thought you said that their leader is harsh! You fucking made me nervous back there!".

" You fell for it? I can't believe it!". She smirked.

" Anyways where are the materials. I asked.". 

" Oh, it's on me. I'll give it to you. Anyways go sit in that log.".

I sat while I waited for Anya to come back. In the distance, I saw the playing children. 

" Anyways what are you going to make?". 

" I wanted to create something different.".

I intended to make a forge. Since there are more people in the area and I needed some advancement in my crafting capabilities. If I can access weapons made of metals then my value in this site would increase. 

I may be thinking selfishly but it's also for the best. 

" Wow! You just gathered stones and fiber.".

" Well, that's the only thing I can gather since the forest lacked the fruit.".

" Anyways can you help bring me closer to the workbench.".

" Sure why not.".

A person was using my workbench. Instead of being angry I just decided to stay neutral. Once I got close I opened the crafting menu. Anya also carried the basket full of stones.

Welcome to the Crafting Menu! What would you like to craft?

Category: Stations

Material: Anything

Station: Workbench

Stone Forge

Workbench

Campfire

Bonfire

.

I should have used my inventory. I grabbed a stone and didn't know what to do.

Do I just put my mind to it?

Then suddenly it slowly disintegrated. 

" Woah! What did you do!". Anya was amazed.

" Nothing, I just placed it on my space.".

" You can do space magic? I'm quite impressed.".

I checked my Inventory.

Welcome To the Inventory!

Category: All

Stone(1)

So I just put my mind into it huh?". 

The next I did was to put the stones and fiber into my inventory. Anya did gather a hefty amount.

Welcome To the Inventory!

Category: All

Stone(17)

Bark Fiber(32)

Stone Forge recipe:

Stone(12)


Nice!

You can now craft Stone Forge!

" Craft!".

The miniature version appeared in the palm of my hand. I placed it next to the workbench. The person who was occupied glanced at us. His jaw dropped as I made the forge. Anya was also the same.

New recipes can now be crafted!

" Did you make this?". Said the man

" Yeah, it's part of my ability.".

" Damn Sino! You can make things like these!".

The man inspected the forge I made. He looked inside to examine its capabilities

" It's not a bad forge but it's also not a good one too. I can say it's in the middle. Kid! You need a lot of catching up too!". The man notified me.

" I see.".

" Hey, Sino! I'll leave you here. I'll look out to my siblings.".

" Yeah sure…".

I glanced back at the man. 

" Who are you?.".

" I am Alfrey from the Nation of Parks! Of course, since I am from that nation. I consider myself a competent craftsman of our generation .".

I could tell. He had the perfect description for a craftsman. Bald hair, brown facial hair, a brawny body type.

" Let me ask you, boy? Let's do some experiments. I find your ability to be quite interesting.".

Ok

I updated the tags.

Short Chapter: I apologize

Anyways Have a great day!

7