8: Tedious Conversations *Unedited
135 2 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

What happened back in their homeland. I barely questioned this before but now it's starting to catch my interest. 

The fact that many humans decided to flee in their homeland. Arriving in a new world that is hardly explored. Who could have driven them out?

If this is the world I live in then death might happen at any moment. I must be ready for what to come!

" So umm, can I ask? Who stabbed you?". 

" Oh, It was a close friend of mine. He is far stronger than me in terms of strength and experience.".

So she got betrayed… I have to keep an eye on the other groups as well huh?

" Why did he stab you? Is it because of jealousy?". 

" Easy to assume? No, he did not rather he had a change of heart. I felt that he was not the same. He killed our fleeing group while I and my siblings managed to escape. Of course, I had to deal with his attack which led me to fall in the river.".

So that would mean he's still alive nearby. Looks like my time here in this world would be bloody as a red room.

Maybe the reason I got to this world is because of the crisis that is happening back in their homeland. Supposing that I am the so-called hero to stop the beings that destroyed their land. Even so, why was I dropped in a place far far away?

That's my assumption for now maybe later it would change but I found this more probable to happen to a transmigrator.

" Do you think he'll come back?". 

" I think not… We have time since we also had other groups following us. The bad thing is more lives would be more taken. I plan to keep myself stronger by the end of the month.".

" Shouldn't we gather more people that monster that is your friend?". 

" I don't want any more casualties. A fling of his finger would bring a frail man like you flying.".

" I find it better to gather more people and unite it into one. Of course, we have to see what type of people they are.".

If I could find people in the other groups that could also fight I would gain the chance to convince them to help us. Epifanio would look like someone proficient at magic so I'll try to persuade him at teaching me.

We trekked the forest hacking any bushes that came in our way. While at the same time gathering fiber, stone, and flowers. I checked my inventory to inspect the items I had gathered.

Welcome to the Inventory!

Category: All

Materials: Anything

Stones(23)

Straw(45)

Yarrow(4)

Iron ore(41)

Life Stone(1)

Fiber(46)

Now that's a lot….

Before sundown, we reached the campsite. People were preparing for the night and the defenders were tensing up. The two soldiers and civilians who volunteered joined together to protect the campsite. 

" Quick, I'm going to rest for a while, Go inform Epifanio what we found.".

She left me behind searching for her siblings. I decided to walk into Epifanio's tent where both Alfrey and Epifanio are currently talking. 

" A! You came back, boy! Did you find any rare ores?".

Should I show them the Life stone? Nah, I'm going to lie in front of them.

" Nothing, all we found were Iron ores and smoke from the distance.".

" To whom?".Epifanio questioned. Alfrey decided to listen further. 

" It's not from us though, Me and Anya saw two campfires from the horizon. You can see it on the cliff. It seems that another group is on beyond the canyon.".

Both of them nodded.

" Was there any bad guys boy?".

" Nothing but we gathered enough Iron ore thanks to Anya.".

At some point, there was a silence between the three of us. It was obvious that they were pondering about the other groups. 

" I think it's best If we negotiate with them.". Epifanio proposed.

" I think it's also a good idea. I'm weak and frail. I do hope that there are enough fighters with them.". I added

" Why boy? Is there something to worry about? The primates that rule this area is gone now is there another threat that we should face?".

Yes, I believe that there is going to be a threat that could massacre us.

" Has Anya already told you why she got stabbed? She is a strong person right? To think a person like her had fallen by a stab means a lot to me though.".

" I did hear that you helped her heal her injuries. I also learned that she got stabbed in the torso that's for sure. Anyways what danger does this pose us all?".

" I think what he is referring to is that if a strong person like her got defeated by a single stab then that would mean there is a bigger threat than the primates. I can guess her group had been killed by that person.".

" Well, your right… you guessed it. Likewise, during the way back, she said that we still have time to retreat or fight back. She also said that "time" took innocent lives.".

" So it's going to be like that huh? We're just gonna die? I hate seeing more danger after we just flee from the new hell that is our home!".

" I guess evil people still exist in times where we need to be united. Anyways bring me with you tomorrow we're going to meet the group. I just hope that they still stayed in the spot. Anyways you can go back to sleep now.". Epifanio blew the candle in his room. Me and Alfrey both went out of the ten to talk about the rewards he is going to give me. 

If 41 iron ores can be enough for his quota maybe he would give me something at least good. 

" So you don't have rare ores? It's alright young lad I'll still give the reward to ya!". We headed ourselves towards his tent. I dropped off the 41 iron ores I had brought with me. 

" Well this is an ample amount, You did a good job young one. Plus you got some spatial ability with you huh? As expected of someone who masters this magical technique.".

Wait so masters can make spatial storages by themselves? Not surprising, to say the least. I've always read that spatial magic can be quite rare in fantasy light novels. 

" So is this enough? Sorry but there were no rare ores we could find in the rocks.".

" Haha! It's fine! Anyways I'll give it to you right at this moment!". 

He handed me down a blue ingot with the width of my wrist. It was large and light and could be saung very easily. 

" That material young lad is one of the rarest ores in the world. To be specific this is Bluesteel, a material that has very similar physical properties to Mythril. Light and durable fit for the best fighters of this world. If you can make a sword by your technique you could already sell hundreds of coins.".

Woah! This looks like the perfect ore to be used as a weapon. Does it conduct magic though?

" Unfortunately it doesn't have the same magical properties of a Mythril. Anyways it's all yours! Besides my current forge can't melt Bluesteel at the moment! Anyways come back tomorrow!". 

" Umm, Goodnight.".

It was still early in the night but it was already quiet. Most of the children had slept and some guards had been keeping their senses up. I headed back to my A-Frame tent where I saw Anya standing beside it. 

" Umm, you're not going to sleep. Are you going to watch the camp?".

" Yawn*... I'm pretty tired at the moment. The children pretty much took over the tent I was residing so can I sleep in your tent? Besides my shift is later.".

" Are you serious? Two of us barely even fit in a single tent this small!".

" You said barely right? So you can still fit between the both of us.".

" Oh my god…Alright! Only tonight!". 

" Yes!". She quickly threw herself inside the tent. Even then she kept a space for me to sleep in. 

" Fuck it's so narrow! How can you sleep like this!".

By the time I managed to find a slightly comfortable position she had already slept. I should just sleep too and stop complaining.

I dozed off not knowing what tomorrow is going to give. 

I can't sleep… halfway through the night. Luckily Anya already left the tent. The downside is my neck hurts. I can't move it without grunting in pain. 

I slept for a while and unfortunately, I also happened to have a painful neck. 

" Ahh shit!".

I decided to not stand up rather I tried relieving the pain in my neck. Suddenly Anya came rushing in the ten.

" Yo! Let's go! Epifanio is ready, we can head out now!".

 Right… we were supposed to bring Epifanio towards the canyon and negotiate with the other group.

" Hold up I'm going to fix my neck before we head out.".

I readied myself before we got out of the campsite and traveled the forest towards our next destination.

Pretty short chapter

Have a good day.

8