Ch:10 Hard Pass
197 2 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Well, that was very easy… Anya beat up that Knight Captain guy pretty quickly. I wonder how strong Anya is? If so I can let her teach me how to fight or just make me a bit stronger than the average man.

However, I don't feel like things would end up pretty easily like that… My instincts tell me something is going to happen later on. It might be good or bad but it's going to be usually good right?

Anyways I have to finish the task Victoria gave me so that I could prove myself.

You can now craft Iron Spear!

You can now craft Wooden Bow!

You can now craft Iron Arrows!

Victoria handed me the materials to make a sword. Instead of doing it in the forge, I surprised her by using the crafting menu.

You can now craft Iron Sword!

" It is an average sword er, to say the least… However, I'm more fascinated by your technique of craftsmanship. It's like something I've never seen before…". She held her arms in her chin wondering how I did it. Even though the work was made by the Crafting Menu.

" I also heard from your scholar that you can perform Spatial Art It wouldn't harm to see it in my eyes.". 

" Is it really rare? your honor?". 

" Well yes it is rare but many can still use it.".

So spatial magic users can be quite many huh? At least I don't have to work hard about it!

I discarded the fiber from my inventory. 

Welcome to the Inventory!

Category: All

Materials: Anything

Stones(23)

Straw(45)

Yarrow(4)

Life Stone(1)

Fiber(39)

" I see… I guess you can be a valuable member of our campsite…".

She led me outside to watch the performance of Epifanio against Ferdinand. Although he had major drawbacks as a mage. His ability to cast wind-related spells was also incredible.

It was also the first time I had witnessed magic with my naked eyes. Extraordinary is the only thing I would say.

" Your friend is quite proficient in the Wind Magic Art. He would prove to be a valuable member of our group. I guess I can accept your refugee group also.".

For a noble, she would be one of a kind. I would have expected her to be a cheeky arrogant brat. However, it managed to subvert my expectations. Her messy blonde hair made it look like she was the adventurous noble. 

" If you could lead me to your campsite then I could check all the people that could bear worth to our group.".

" What do you plan anyways, your honor?".

" I plan to rebuild human civilization. After we left. The demons pulled a blow on humanity despite them being peaceful in the first place.".

Is there some sort of Demon King I have to beat up? Cause if it did then you chose the wrong person. I don't like fights and much rather talk with the person to fix the problem. Why, of all people, did they choose me? It just doesn't make sense at all if that was the scenario. 

For whatever reason, this Crafting Menu won't be given to me without a purpose. Maybe I'll find the reason if I meet with powerful individuals. 

" Nice clothing, I would like to buy it at any time if ever you allow it.".

" I don't know, My jacket has some holes in it… it's just covered in rags.".

" Well, I would still be interested in it. Very interesting material.".

" Umm, I'd rather sell my trousers or bottoms if you can understand.".

"You're not willing?".

" I guess.".

Huh? Somehow this jacket became a bit of a personal item. I guess it's the only item that lets me reminisce about my time on Earth.

" When are we setting out to your campsite?".

" It won't take a while… You can reach it before the end of the day.".

" I see, then we should set out later, I'll just be busy with some matters.".

Victoria left and went inside her tent. I was watching the duel between Epifanio and the Knight Captain. While Anya wandered outside of the camp looking at both sides. 

The people were working earnestly to regain their lives from before. Even children are helping with the work that only adults should. Showing the desperation for making a safe land in times of the apocalypse. 

Some people were watching the duel as a form of entertainment in their rest time.

Farmers observing the land, Fishermen observing the freshwaters, and builders hastening their construction. Without the Crafting Menu, I would be the local shrimp. Looking back at the duel I was surprised.

"The fight had already ended?"

That was fast! I guess we could leave earlier than I expected. 

Judging the cheers of the crowd I could see that Ferdinand won the fight. 

" You lost?". I approached him patting his back. 

" He's too fast! I wasn't able to find a way to take an offensive.".

Anya is a strong person. It's always the disadvantage of a mage to fight a warrior in close combat. Especially Epifanio who had spells specified for long-range attacks. 

" Where's Anya? We're going to talk with Baroness Victoria.".

" She wandered off the campsite? Whatever it may be there must be a reason why she came outside. Also, she kept glancing in different directions. 

" Then that would mean she has something to hide. Sino, go to the baroness' tent and discuss the plans with her. I'll search for Anya.".

I came back to the tent to meet up with the Baroness. She sat in her chair while she managed her belongings. 

" Sino am I right? Where are the others.".

" Your honor, Epifanio had gone off to search my friend who wandered off to the forest.".

" Hm, I guess there is something wrong with your friend. How old is your campsite anyways?". 

" A week, your honor.".

" I see there is a week gap so that's why my reconnaissance group hadn't noticed your presence. Well I welcome any skilled person in my new kingdom.".

A pretty big ambition that's something to look forward to. That is what I would say if I had the power. 

*Boom!

"What the...".

I found myself in a daze not knowing what had happened. My eyes were blurry and some of my wounds are had opened up. It took me a while to stabilize myself and had observed my surroundings.

The tent had been destroyed. The cloth had been torn by a tree. Its edges were sharp and lethal enough to kill 12 people in a row. 

" What the fuck!?" I was shocked by the sudden destruction. I instantly distanced myself from the tree once I realized the situation. Screams from the outside can be heard. I looked back at Victoria and saw her safe. She was shocked as well yet quickly regained her calmness. We went outside as we saw chaos ensue at the campsite.

From the right side of the camp, Epifanio and Anya were running away from the dense forest. They were signaling us to escape the place and never come back.

" Your honor! We should get out quick!".

I warned her but she was already putting her effort into the evacuation.

I looked back at the forest and saw the flock of birds fly to the sky. 

" This is not good, Is it that crazy friend of Anya?". 

Then a figure soon appeared from the forest. A burly topless man with an emotionless face. I looked at Anya and saw her tense expression. At that point, I knew it was the same guy she mentioned.

Both of them managed to reach me. They were tired but unwilling to stop. 

" Is it him Anya?".

" It's him! He became an emotionless husk of flesh on the hunt for blood. I don't know how he reached us this quickly!". 

Epifanio who was exhausted from running panted out. 

" I may not get out of this place alive. Anya leaves me here and retreat to our camp!!". He made a quick decision to sacrifice himself knowing he would die from exhaustion.

" Wait look, We can still get out!". Victoria and Ferdinand can be seen holding swords on the east side of the camp. I pointed my finger at them hoping that they would fend off the madman. 

" It's alright we can escape this! We should just come back…! No come back!". Anya ran towards the crazed man. She tried to shout at the siblings however it was too late. 

Victoria flew to the air with the impact of the man's punch. She landed on the riverbed where she was knocked out cold. 

" Fuck! We gotta get her!".

" No, leave her! She's too heavy!". 

" No, I'll handle it!". Anya quickly ran back towards the Riverbed. She picked up Victoria and retreated to the forests.

" Did she just leave us here?!". Epifanio screamed in anger.

" No! maybe she would bring her back to the guards!.".

We looked like spectators watching the fight but the sooner we stayed stationary the more chances the crazed man would kill us. 

" Hey, we should get out of here! That Ferdinand man is dealing with the monster at the moment.". The exhausted Epifanio wanted to run but his stamina was low.

We finally retreated to the forests but we were left with more troubles. Ferdinand is being overwhelmed by the crazed man.

The man had a red aura emanating from him. Epifanio spoke in shock.

" Is that the Body Enhancement Art? We're doomed!".

We immediately ran to the forests in hopes of not being found by a crazed man.

If we don't apprehend the man now then the majority of refugees would be murdered by his hands. 

This was supposed to be a long chapter however, my fingers started to twitch. 

It became hard for me to type much more by making it correct. 

I just needed rest for the day and have a good day.

Note: It has been edited once again. It might be edited in the future.

 

4